Running Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen the old woman who runs down the seafront near Little Italy most weekends? Must easily be in her seventies and is dressed in standard pensioner gear, slacks, blouson and a pair of sandal type shoes with a heel. First time I saw her I assumed she was running in search of a toilet but I've seen her running on the beach Chariots of Fire style and up near Morrisons. Normally shifting quicker than me as well.:lol:

How do people keep their motivation? I'm up to about 15 miles a week at a reasonable pace, and so far avoiding injuries beyond the little niggles that make me rest a few days.

And whilst I'm enjoying it now I'm conscious that the motivation may start to slip, what can I do to keep things interesting?

I joined a running club, mixes the training up and met other runners to get ideas from.

I have been doing a lot of hill work and intervals recently rather than just going for a run.

I noticed the difference doing the whitley bay parkrun today which has a few hills.

I joined a running club, mixes the training up and met other runners to get ideas from.

I have been doing a lot of hill work and intervals recently rather than just going for a run.

I noticed the difference doing the whitley bay parkrun today which has a few hills.

It's what I need to do, but I just need to take some brave pills and get along to one. I know a few lads who are Strollers, but Washy running club is probably more convenient for me.

It's what I need to do, but I just need to take some brave pills and get along to one. I know a few lads who are Strollers, but Washy running club is probably more convenient for me.

Go for it mate. I run with a group that are part of north shields poly and in my group we have runners who are anything from 21 min to 40 min parkrun times and we all feel part of the club.

Its fab and you get a chance to run some cracking runs, there is something there for all abilities.

I am running harrier league xc this year and cant wait.

Does anyone find spinning beneficial to their running? After some advice as to whether to do it more in the ramp up to my GNR training as I don't seem to be getting any quicker. Cheers.

Hard work today. Just felt like I had nothing. 3rd 7k run and took 35 minutes. 20 seconds slower than the 1st one but still came in at 4.59 average so shouldn't grumble.

Ready for a sleep now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back