Rumour time.........already

Any word? Was it for all clubs or just Newcastle? Maybe it was an emergency hearing for their indoor debacle instead...
Just Newcastle as far as I'm aware, so you could be right and it could be another appeal to get re-instated to another competition after the debacle in the Banks last season where despite losing in the semi final they still won the competition.

Heard that South North have lost a few. North retirement, Macleod moved down South and Humble to Brandon. No doubt South North will replace suitably but it's a fair chunk they have to replace.

Would a entire first 11 premier league team be getting paid?

I'm sure I heard a couple of years ago that Chester paid most of their players, and had a little pot (not much) for the other lads who played in the team. Seems reasonable if 8 lads are getting decent cash, and 3 lads have to come in and potentially not do much with their day.

It would only be Chester and South North. Because they go deep in national competitions year on year, it obviously requires a huge commitment in playing.

It would only be Chester and South North. Because they go deep in national competitions year on year, it obviously requires a huge commitment in playing.

Think more chance of some NYSD teams paying more players to be honest, seems to be a lot of money flying around that league lately - though 11 players is a lot. Some nepl teams may pay 4/5 by the time they have an overseas and a Durham player on odd weeks.

Even if every player got £100pw, it's £22,000 across a season for a 20 week year on Saturdays alone. I know some clubs are better off than others but I can't see that being true..

I'm sure I heard a couple of years ago that Chester paid most of their players, and had a little pot (not much) for the other lads who played in the team. Seems reasonable if 8 lads are getting decent cash, and 3 lads have to come in and potentially not do much with their day.

I’m fairly sure Chester don’t pay their “home grown” lads, only the brought in lads.
Ross Hodgson Burnmoor to Esh winning

Liam Burgess Burnmoor to Crook

Is Liam Burgess to crook confirmed? Had heard he was signing for Chester

Was talking to a lad Saturday who suggested that a dodgy overseas was the least of Newcastle’s worries. Apparently they have let their clubmark status slip and don’t seem to have anyone prepared to sort it going forward. Pretty sure it’s a must have (or at the very least a plan to work towards it)

I’m fairly sure Chester don’t pay their “home grown” lads, only the brought in lads.

Is Liam Burgess to crook confirmed? Had heard he was signing for Chester
From what I heard Budgy was definitely signing for Chester-le-Street. Top lad too.

I know he's local to Crook but I'd be very surprised if he ended up there.

Was talking to a lad Saturday who suggested that a dodgy overseas was the least of Newcastle’s worries. Apparently they have let their clubmark status slip and don’t seem to have anyone prepared to sort it going forward. Pretty sure it’s a must have (or at the very least a plan to work towards it)

Think it is a pre-requisite to have clubmark status to be part of NEPL. Is it anything to do with not owning their own ground? Know they haven't for a long time but if they've just tried to renew their status may have been flagged again.

Think it is a pre-requisite to have clubmark status to be part of NEPL. Is it anything to do with not owning their own ground? Know they haven't for a long time but if they've just tried to renew their status may have been flagged again.

Didnt mention the ground, more junior organisation/structure. Seems strange though as something like that is surely sortable.

Didnt mention the ground, more junior organisation/structure. Seems strange though as something like that is surely sortable.

Interesting. I am sure they do have a junior section so must have a junior coordinator, though I guess that doesn't mean much if they can't do their job. I am sure they will be given a chance to resolve the issues but seems that they are piling up at Newcastle!

Chris Stewart to Whitburn from Shields

Is it not the other way round? Stewart and Michael have gone to Whitburn from Shields I think. And according to twitter Phil bell is there as well after moving back to the area.

Is it not the other way round? Stewart and Michael have gone to Whitburn from Shields I think. And according to twitter Phil bell is there as well after moving back to the area.

Muchall I meant. Not Michael.

Last edited:

Back