Rumour time.........already

The process is still ongoing, last I'd read was that a 4/5 man panel (including Marcus North, a few committee members from various clubs and an ECB representative) had been put together to rule on it. The language of the e-mail did suggest that any punishments for the 4 clubs would be applied next season like
Are the four clubs named?

Apparently this is happening in leagues up and down the country, looks like an absolute farce. The home office are not going to be that interested in a few hundred cricketers dispersed around the country.

Am I the only one who thinks Marcus North shouldn't be on that panel due to his involvement with club(s) in the league?
If course he shouldn't. As CEO of a participating club he's an interested party.
However there should be clear rules as to sanctions if you play someone who is ineligible. Problem is the management committee must have approved these player's registrations. They, then, have to accept some responsibility for the impasse. Seems they're trying to cover up by resolving it in-house. Could be, of course, that FTECB haven't supplied clear rules on eligibility. Surprise,surprise!

The whole point of having a management committee is to make decisions about the league, so what's the point if you have to draught people in every time there's a decision to be made?
Obvious an appeals committee would normally deal with cases of ineligibility but it's important that the decision makers are seen to be independant. In a case such as this, surely it's possible to refer the matter to a body that can be seen to be independant - in fact the league should already have a system in place for such a contigency. No offence intended but surely it's draft not draught in this instance.

Just so I've got this right, this board generally think the NEPL take things too serious for "club cricket", but they want the NEPL to have an independent panel set up, ready at any time, to deal with issues within the league.

I do believe they have drafted somebody in, who is independent, to deal with this matter for what it's worth.

Obvious an appeals committee would normally deal with cases of ineligibility but it's important that the decision makers are seen to be independant. In a case such as this, surely it's possible to refer the matter to a body that can be seen to be independant - in fact the league should already have a system in place for such a contigency.
This is still the original decision, and they have brought in an ECB representative. If teams subsequently appeal then it's more likely they will bring people in.
No offence intended but surely it's draft not draught in this instance.
I did think that but ended up copying the post above :lol:

This is still the original decision, and they have brought in an ECB representative. If teams subsequently appeal then it's more likely they will bring people in.
The ECB representative for the NE is S. J. E. Brown ex DCCC!
This particular issue of overseas player eligibility is a nationwide problem and there's obviously ambiguity on its interpretation.Not so sure that even Government or ECB are clear on the issue. Regardless,I still feel that a paid employee of a participating club should not be acting on league disciplinary decisions.

Back