Rumour time.........already

Which is the highest performing club that doesn't pay more than one player?

I know G Fell were but don't know if someone else up the top is also doing it the 'old school' way...

May well be hard pressed to find any NEPL sides that only pay 1. Most will still pay 2/3 minimum over the season by the time they've had a guest Durham player appearance, a top local player and/or an overseas. Even segga who do brilliantly promoting 'their own' through their set up still end up paying more than one of them.

Maybe a side like Shields/Felling who have lost a couple of their paid players.

If the rumours are true about Humble and North not playing this season I bet South North are paying fewer players than a lot of teams in the two NEPL divisions - Brandon/Burnopfield probably paying more individuals.

May well be hard pressed to find any NEPL sides that only pay 1. Most will still pay 2/3 minimum over the season by the time they've had a guest Durham player appearance, a top local player and/or an overseas. Even segga who do brilliantly promoting 'their own' through their set up still end up paying more than one of them.

Maybe a side like Shields/Felling who have lost a couple of their paid players.

If the rumours are true about Humble and North not playing this season I bet South North are paying fewer players than a lot of teams in the two NEPL divisions - Brandon/Burnopfield probably paying more individuals.

Also Macleod has moved down South I believe. South North wont be as strong as last year but they're still likely to have enough to win the league I would have thought.

Shields only paid one player last time they were in NEPL1 and I think they may do the same this time around. Felling have lost their paid players but it's likely they've brought players in.

It's interesting in the top league I think this year. South North seem to have lost some important players, but their nearest rivals from 2017, Newcastle, don't have the services of Josh Phillipe and they're banned from signing an overseas player. CLS seem to have strengthened but I don't think they have the experience to win it. Which leaves South North as favourites again, even though they appear to be weaker than previous years.

As for Gateshead Fell, I genuinely don't think they paid a player last season. I'd heard that Graham Onions turned out for them for free. Which is a far cry from the days where they paid more than half the team to compete in the top league.

From NYSD site

Player Transfers
Ryan Nicholson - Brandon to Bishop Auckland
Chris Allinson - Great Ayton to Marton
Alasdair Appleby - Newcastle to Barnard Castle
James Lowe - Middlesbrough to Hartlepool
Lewis Harper - Marske to Thornaby
Nathan Bell - Middlesbrough to Normanby Hall
Matthew Bell - Middlesbrough to Normanby Hall
Jawaad Ahmed - Yarm to Normanby Hall

From NYSD site

Player Transfers
Ryan Nicholson - Brandon to Bishop Auckland
Chris Allinson - Great Ayton to Marton
Alasdair Appleby - Newcastle to Barnard Castle
James Lowe - Middlesbrough to Hartlepool
Lewis Harper - Marske to Thornaby
Nathan Bell - Middlesbrough to Normanby Hall
Matthew Bell - Middlesbrough to Normanby Hall
Jawaad Ahmed - Yarm to Normanby Hall

Don't know most of them Ryan Nicholson is decent mind

Not a playing signing but I see South North have appointed Steve Chapman as their new Director of Coaching as the replacement for Onions now he'll be off to Lancs for the Summer.

Not a playing signing but I see South North have appointed Steve Chapman as their new Director of Coaching as the replacement for Onions now he'll be off to Lancs for the Summer.
I thought that was Melvyn Betts?

Not that it matters and I'd take you lad's knowledge of local cricket way before my ignorance

I know mate:D:D, it just gets on my tits it really does, other threads about talking about local clubs struggling for numbers and we have a local cricket club calling people directors!!!

They can't go any f***ing higher, they have obviously done very well as a club, but f***ing director of coaching!!
I’ve already told you mate that that director of cricket role at horden has your name all over it ;)

Back