Rolex Watches

Aye, I get that....all relative though, bought a seamaster 20 years ago in CDG during a layover, arrived in Boston, dropped bags off in hotel room and managed to ding the 8hr old watch on the closing lift door when I tried to stop it to let someone in....almost cried :) But think once it has it’s first mark, the pressure’s off.

Determined for the new one to be “only a watch” though, otherwise what’s the point.
Had a Planet Ocean for 13 odd years pretty much wore it every day for work got to say it’s pretty much bomb proof had it serviced by Omega came back looking brand new a very solid every day watch 👍

Had a Planet Ocean for 13 odd years pretty much wore it every day for work got to say it’s pretty much bomb proof had it serviced by Omega came back looking brand new a very solid every day watch 👍
Aye the seamaster was worn daily for a good 15 years. Never missed a beat but really deserves a service.

Canny story on AR tonight , bloke brought his late father’s Submariner red in , bought for £138 in the early 70’s , the expert put a value on it of £20k which to me seems a bit high but what do I know ?

They are discontinued now. As is the traditional 'Batman'. Can only get the jubilee rather than the Oyster (still the same watch like, just nowhere near as nice with jubilee imo).
Not the same watch.
New movement with longer running time, and on the case, narrower lugs which look much better IMO. The jubilee divides opinion - I like it on some watches but problies prefer the oyster which is what I have on my older pre-supersize sub.

Not the same watch.
New movement with longer running time, and on the case, narrower lugs which look much better IMO. The jubilee divides opinion - I like it on some watches but problies prefer the oyster which is what I have on my older pre-supersize sub.

Just seen, longer power reserve.

I really don't like jubilee. I recently sold my watch which has the jubilee bracelet, as it just didn't grow on me. It's good for not really showing scratches, but I prefer Oyster and presidential (not that I have a DD personally)

So the 39mm Explorer has been discontinued, been told I'd have to wait a year to get the new 36mm one.

I've since turned my sights to this, with these specific specs:
Logon or register to see this image

36mm Datejust, silver dial, classic markers, Oyster bracelet, white gold fluted bezel.

Lass at Bucherer has ordered one on for me to go and try on.

Old meets new, a bit flashy but also slightly subtle and understated with the classic sizing.
Been knocking about wearing a Timex Marlin re-issue on a mesh strap for the past year while all my other watches have gathered dust, so I think it makes sense.

Last edited:
So the 39mm Explorer has been discontinued, been told I'd have to wait a year to get the new 36mm one.

36mm Datejust, silver dial, classic markers, Oyster bracelet, white gold fluted bezel.

Lass at Bucherer has ordered one on for me to go and try on.

Old meets new, a bit flashy but also slightly subtle and understated with the classic sizing.
Been knocking about wearing a Timex Marlin re-issue on a mesh strap for the past year while all my other watches have gathered dust, so I think it makes sense.

The Mrs (no) has a 36mm datejust, lovely watches ....I’ve tried it on loads but can’t get away with it, I’ve got little ladies hands and still looks too small on the wrist. The fact that’s it bi-metal and diamond dial doesn’t help like.

41m is probs as small as I feel comfortable with, but guess that’s down to what I’m used to....did consider the 41mm Datejust but a bit to “smart” for me

The Mrs (no) has a 36mm datejust, lovely watches ....I’ve tried it on loads but can’t get away with it, I’ve got little ladies hands and still looks too small on the wrist. The fact that’s it bi-metal and diamond dial doesn’t help like.

41m is probs as small as I feel comfortable with, but guess that’s down to what I’m used to....did consider the 41mm Datejust but a bit to “smart” for me

Wont go larger than 38 now, although I think the length of the lugs plays a huge part.

Can’t wear my 40mm Tissot visodate anymore, looks huge on my little wrists.

Decided on a Brieitling Heritage 57.

Generally a nice looking bit of kit there but I’m not sure about those indeces at 3, 6, 9 and 12.
I was on a plane once sat next to a lad who had the heritage superocean chrono in blue. The one with two subdials side by side and the date at 6. Mesh bracelet. Was tempted to get one but already got that covered with my smurf blue submariner.
They use the same movements in the Tudor chronos. Nice but rare watches.

Happened to find this exact watch in Westfield Stratford after it had been ordered in and the customer decided not to buy.

It turns out a white gold fluted bezel paired with an oyster bracelet doesn't look good, so I've saved myself 7 grand. The search goes on.

Was always a thing for oilfield trash,gold rolex,puzzle ring,gold cross pen, divorce papers.
Ticked all them boxes,love me gold roller got an omega for work and a nice Baume & Mercier for formal wear.

Bought the missus a Rolex the other day, never fancied one, I've some 1960's Omega's I wear for dress, day to day is G-Shock as others just don't last in my line of work.

Dont do it, mine has never been the f***ing same since i serviced it !!!!!
Should have paid a watchmaker to do it then ;)

One of the chaps had his new white omega seamaster on last night. Lovely looking thing. I was never sure about the waves on the dial but they’re nowhere near as prominent in real life.

Back