RR Roker Roundup: Marcus Maddison was offered to Sunderland this summer - but we turned him down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah similar I started following him as well and that's the impression I get as well. Not sure how the bad attitude thing can be linked to his Instagram like. He was posting about putting in extra work during the summer as well.
Like so much with that lad he’ll have seen someone mention it somewhere else and stored it to parrot it as fact down the line. He was trying to latch onto Ian Atkins getting a job at Wolves as validation of Tony Coton’s abilities the other day:lol:

Yeah I get that but we signed a player in Maguire who wasn't seen as a positive influence last summer. You can't argue with his stats and Ross seems to want him.
Transfers can be fickle Ross knew Maguire easy transfer even if bad influence but it sounds like money is the sticking point with this transfer move. I say better players out there Sunderland go find them.....

Last edited:
Do you think a few dozen people on here arguing with each other over a hypothetical issue has any real bearing on how the team performs. Some on here would love to think we're that influential but essentially we're just egotists who think our opinion counts for anything one minute after it's been posted.....it doesn't in the real world.
I think you're being wilfully naive, but there's really little value in keeping on with this point, I've made it and there's nothing else to really say. In all honestly, the one you originally replied to wasn't aimed at you specifically and to the extent that people discuss it thoughtfully and disagree sensibly I have no issue.

I just don't think you can take what the bloke says seriously and if I was a betting man I'd say he was having our lives

Absolute bollocks
i think it made him go in with higher bids yes..JR wanted him but the bids were rejected..SD got threatened..so he panicked and over paid..
So you’re now saying our chairman spent millions of pounds on a player he didn’t really want due to a couple of fans giving him grief on social media. Now I’m not condoning those “fans”, they’re utter wankers however are you really suggesting our chairman is so weak. It also goes against all his interviews on signing Grigg, That’s a big call from you, but as always you know best...

Look at your posting history since arriving last year. Obsessed for someone who in their own words “isn’t a true fan”, lost interest for a few years (now down to 1 year which contradicts your early posts but not to worry) and apparently supported the club from the Drumaville years despite never signing up back them. You randomly wait for this absolute obsession to manifest when we’re in L1... You’ve nearly posted in a year what I’ve managed in 20 years, and I’m a regular on here.

No idea who you are, but you’re not a Sunderland fan. You’re either connected to the club in some way or you’re just an absolute gobshite.
The latter I would say g force

Like so much with that lad he’ll have seen someone mention it somewhere else and stored it to parrot it as fact down the line. He was trying to latch onto Ian Atkins getting a job at Wolves as validation of Tony Coton’s abilities the other day:lol:
This is what I suspect has happened, although I happy to be proved wrong, as it will definitely prove his attitude is wrong.

There is anything minor example of the poster doing that on this thread, page 9. Never mentions a £1mil being rejected, on deadline until another poster does.

I've had enough of his 50 po
So you’re now saying our chairman spent millions of pounds on a player he didn’t really want due to a couple of fans giving him grief on social media. Now I’m not condoning those “fans”, they’re utter wankers however are you really suggesting our chairman is so weak. It also goes against all his interviews on signing Grigg, That’s a big call from you, but as always you know best...

Look at your posting history since arriving last year. Obsessed for someone who in their own words “isn’t a true fan”, lost interest for a few years (now down to 1 year which contradicts your early posts but not to worry) and apparently supported the club from the Drumaville years despite never signing up back them. You randomly wait for this absolute obsession to manifest when we’re in L1... You’ve nearly posted in a year what I’ve managed in 20 years, and I’m a regular on here.

No idea who you are, but you’re not a Sunderland fan. You’re either connected to the club in some way or you’re just an absolute gobshite.
I've stuck him on ignore as I'm fed up reading 50 or more posts of bile towards our fans on a daily basis

Your daily reminder of Sunderland news! In an interview with the Roker Rapport Podcast, Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony has revealed details of how Sunderland rejected the chance to sign Marcus Maddison after being offered him this summer. Sunderland reject Maddison offer Marcus Maddison has been near the top of the wanted lists of...

More at Roker Report...
Can we stop all of these really annoying Madison threads now then ?!

Aye but the owners knew him

Fair enough. If the policy is to sign players who have good character but may be limited as opposed to the opposite and hope to improve the element you may not like then so be it.
Transfers can be fickle Ross knew Maguire easy transfer even if bad influence but it sounds like money is the sticking point with this transfer move. I say better players out there Sunderland go find them.....

Did Ross personally know Maguire before signing him or was it anecdotal?

Last edited:
Fair enough. If the policy is to sign players who have good character but may be limited as opposed to the opposite and hope to improve the element you may not like then so be it.

Did Ross personally know Maguire before signing him or was it anecdotal?
Not sure but given his knowledge of the Scottish leagues and knowing players he mostly had some whispers in his ear about the lad before we signed him...

He’s not exactly gunna admit his attitude is bad as he’s clearly trying to get rid of hom. Didnt he apologies for doing something only last week?

Theres clearly a reason why no championship team has signed him after all these years

He was signed by Donald man :lol:
was he bollox...how would maguire have known who donald was? i keep hearing on here donald wasnt involved with oxford..wasnt on the board wasnt involved with running it...certainly not at the time maguire was there..so how would maguire have had donalds number?
maguire on the other hand is lad that played in scotland and got scotland caps...its quite a bit more likely ross knows him than donald does!
He’s a Sunderland fan he’s basically said he wants to come here all we have to do is wait
but if we are in the champo would it be wroth signin him? no champo team thinks he is up to owt??

will he be an safc fan if someone els eoffers more dough?

was he bollox...how would maguire have known who donald was? i keep hearing on here donald wasnt involved with oxford..wasnt on the board wasnt involved with running it...certainly not at the time maguire was there..so how would maguire have had donalds number?
maguire on the other hand is lad that played in scotland and got scotland caps...its quite a bit more likely ross knows him than donald does!

but if we are in the champo would it be wroth signin him? no champo team thinks he is up to owt??

will he be an safc fan if someone els eoffers more dough?
If a car was for sale for 50 grand and if u waited 6 months you could have it for free what would you do ?? Think people need to realise 2 million pound to the current owners is a hell of a a lot of money esp when you can get the player for free in less than a year if it was my money I know what I’d do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back