RR ROKER ROUNDUP: Didier Ndong & Sunderland situation nears end as report claims he ‘fears arrest’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still can't believe we signed this prick over M'Vila.

Now the the club owes the man who tried to save himself £8m on the M'Vila deal, £8m because he instead went out and spent £13m on a player who would go on to be sacked for not turning up to work.

Only at SAFC.

Nothing will happen.

We'll try to recoup some costs, the compensation level will be set and then it'll be appealed, drag on forever and a day until they're both ending careers/declaring bankruptcy.

Sadly no precedent will be set as they're not high profile in any way and no one cares about the financial implications to a third tier club.

You ever heard about Jean-Marc Bosman?

Following the news that Didier Ndong has been sacked by Sunderland, a source close to the player has spoken of their panic that his playing career is now probably over due to the fallout from his crazy departure. Ndong career in the balance Sunderland sacked their record signing Didier Ndong yesterday, making it clear to the player that they had...

More at Roker Report...

If FIFA impose sanctions then surely no club will bring him in in January, knowing he can’t play. After that, any club who does take him on faces the threat of legal action by SAFC. Surely that will drive down interest and any potential signing on fee? At the moment, it is looking like he gambled and lost. A year out of your career at his age is not good for his development.

And he was right.

Moyes man :D
Still not Moyes fault man ;)

I remember the day we signed him, I'd gotten home from graft and saw my neighbour having a tab in his front garden when I was on my down my own drive.

"Seen who we've signed, marra?" he said,

"Naw, mate. Who?"

"That Djilibodji lad from Chelsea we were in for before." he says, "8 million we've paid for him."

I genuinely thought that my neighbour was on drugs at that point.
To be honest I have not heard of him before he signed, wished it still was to be honest :lol:

Be interesting to see what happens, wonder how it works with restraint of trade?

There's no restraint of trade. He can go and play football wherever he wants......no-one is stopping him doing that.....but,whoever he wants to play for has to buy him out of his contract with us.

There's no restraint of trade. He can go and play football wherever he wants......no-one is stopping him doing that.....but,whoever he wants to play for has to buy him out of his contract with us.

His contract is being terminated, so how do you set the fee? Guess the klerb goes back to Torino valuation then it's a court case......

I don’t know, I’m not a lawyer

But I’m sure his lawyer would argue that he is not getting paid and at the same time we are preventing him working

Let’s say he wanted to play French division two for a pittance (or because that is his level), they wouldn’t be able to buy out his contract

His contract is being terminated, so how do you set the fee? Guess the klerb goes back to Torino valuation then it's a court case......

The club will obviously use the Torino deal as a yardstick, although any club buying him will presumably try a counterargument that his value has diminished since, since he's palpably not fit to play at the moment.

Employment law expert (and Massive Lads Fan) Jonothan Scollen breaks down the tricky legal situation that Sunderland find themselves in with Didier Ndong in terms that we can all understand! For the second time this month, Sunderland AFC have terminated the contract of one of their players – this time that of record signing Didier Ndong. In...

More at Roker Report...

The club will obviously use the Torino deal as a yardstick, although any club buying him will presumably try a counterargument that his value has diminished since, since he's palpably not fit to play at the moment.

He'll either be fit by January or pursuing a career in the jewellery industry in southern Spain.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back