RR ROKER ROUNDUP: Didier Ndong & Sunderland situation nears end as report claims he ‘fears arrest’

It seems pretty easy to do so.

• Club wanted me gone due to wages, last season and this
  • Club accepted and encouraged not to report back for training due to trying to sort transfer and they didnt want to pay wages
  • Club did not inform that this had changed
  • When they did, I reported back, stated that I wanted to play and would accept a pay cut
  • In fear for safety
  • In effect, sacked
i thought we allowed him to stay away in july while still getting paid. he then decided not to come back off his own bat

He can’t. He won’t be worth that much realistically

It’s an interesting topic and in no way I am defending him btw

Bosman (effectively) said players at the end of their contract can’t have their registration withheld for money. Freedom of registration at end of contract

This case he is now out of contract (because of his own breach). But we are effectively holding his registration due to that breach. His argument will be that he is not being paid and as such this doesn’t hold

There's a distinction though which makes the Bosman thing not appropriate in this case. His case was about being free to go once a contract had been completed. In the Ndong case,we have accepted that the contract no longer applies because he has breached the terms.The contract hasn't been completed. Under those circumstances,under FIFA rules,we are entitled to some sort of compensation. It's not the same as a Bosman.
If you take your argument further,you could end up with a situation where a club signs a player for £100m and 6 months later the player decides he doesn't want to turn up any more and eventually walks away to a big fat signing on fee somewhere else and his former club has paid all that money for fuck all.
Clearly,that's not how it works.

Accept that but the mutu case is relevant in so much as Chelsea have been unable to recover, and seem resigned to never recovering the damages they were awarded against Mutu. I think we need to recognise that would probably be the case with N’Dong as all his assets will be outside the uk if not already certainly by the time any case has run its course through the courts. I best hope of any compensation has to be from any club he might sign for.

This is always the risk. People think of footballers as millionaires, but in reality they don't have millions sitting in the bank, so they cannot actually pay 6-8 million, or 17m in the case of Mutu. That's why the new club becomes jointly and severally liable, however under FIFA Regulations that is based on the assumption that the new club induced the player to breach his previous contract. With Mutu, Juventus and Livorno were originally deemed liable, however that was later overturned by CAS. I never read the decision but presumably it was based on the fact that clearly Juventus/Livorno didn't induce Mutu to snort a line of cocaine in order to get sacked.

He can’t. He won’t be worth that much realistically

It’s an interesting topic and in no way I am defending him btw

Bosman (effectively) said players at the end of their contract can’t have their registration withheld for money. Freedom of registration at end of contract

This case he is now out of contract (because of his own breach). But we are effectively holding his registration due to that breach. His argument will be that he is not being paid and as such this doesn’t hold

This wasn't the end of his contract, he breached it, but if players are legally allowed to down tools and join another klerb for free mid contract there will be Fookin mutiny everywhere and there's nee point having any contract......I can think of one Man U player who'd do this straight away

Went over for my Doncaster ticket and here's N'Dong walking along in just his T-shirt and undercowies. Says "Donald take my club car and Sunderland tracksuit back off me". "I said well it's your own fault you went missing". "No no he said, my agent tell me the fat waiter want me, I no want to sign for Gravy Stains United, I hide away". "What are you going to do now I said". "Not sure he says, will have to get out of Sunderland and I have tickets at the Empire for Chubby Brown Show, the big fat bastardo". With that I left him as he walked over to the Wheatsheaf for breakfast.
Sounds legit

Went over for my Doncaster ticket and here's N'Dong walking along in just his T-shirt and undercowies. Says "Donald take my club car and Sunderland tracksuit back off me". "I said well it's your own fault you went missing". "No no he said, my agent tell me the fat waiter want me, I no want to sign for Gravy Stains United, I hide away". "What are you going to do now I said". "Not sure he says, will have to get out of Sunderland and I have tickets at the Empire for Chubby Brown Show, the big fat bastardo". With that I left him as he walked over to the Wheatsheaf for breakfast.
I don't think this really happened. Might be wrong, mind.

There's a distinction though which makes the Bosman thing not appropriate in this case. His case was about being free to go once a contract had been completed. In the Ndong case,we have accepted that the contract no longer applies because he has breached the terms.The contract hasn't been completed. Under those circumstances,under FIFA rules,we are entitled to some sort of compensation. It's not the same as a Bosman.
If you take your argument further,you could end up with a situation where a club signs a player for £100m and 6 months later the player decides he doesn't want to turn up any more and eventually walks away to a big fat signing on fee somewhere else and his former club has paid all that money for fuck all.
Clearly,that's not how it works.
No, I know all of that.

This wasn't the end of his contract, he breached it, but if players are legally allowed to down tools and join another klerb for free mid contract there will be Fookin mutiny everywhere and there's nee point having any contract......I can think of one Man U player who'd do this straight away

Fookin spot on Hairy Mary.

Could be completely wrong here, or this could already have been suggested.

If we take the £7.5m agreed with Torino as a benchmark.

N’Dong now goes to another club, for arguments sake let’s use Torino given they were interested in the summer. We seek compensation from Torino, using the 7.5m previously agreed as a benchmark and say that’s what was previously agreed and that is what we want. Torino, quite rightly, say that his value has now dropped and they’re not willing to pay that much. They now value him at 4.5m, and that is what they’re willing to pay for him. So we miss out on 3m from the deal agreed in the summer.

Could we then seek the remaining 3m from N’Dong himself, seeing as it’s his actions that have caused his value to drop and lose us that money?

Nothing will happen.

We'll try to recoup some costs, the compensation level will be set and then it'll be appealed, drag on forever and a day until they're both ending careers/declaring bankruptcy.

Sadly no precedent will be set as they're not high profile in any way and no one cares about the financial implications to a third tier club.

That'll do for me!

Could be completely wrong here, or this could already have been suggested.

If we take the £7.5m agreed with Torino as a benchmark.

N’Dong now goes to another club, for arguments sake let’s use Torino given they were interested in the summer. We seek compensation from Torino, using the 7.5m previously agreed as a benchmark and say that’s what was previously agreed and that is what we want. Torino, quite rightly, say that his value has now dropped and they’re not willing to pay that much. They now value him at 4.5m, and that is what they’re willing to pay for him. So we miss out on 3m from the deal agreed in the summer.

Could we then seek the remaining 3m from N’Dong himself, seeing as it’s his actions that have caused his value to drop and lose us that money?

I suppose you could it’s enforcing it that’s the problem, how do force someone to pay up when they and their assists are outside the country, Chelsea haven’t managed it with Mutu

Which part of "he went AWOL without any kind of communication" which is in breach of his contract, don't you get?

the lad is not saying that his post is his belief.

He was replying to my thread, where I was saying that things could get twisted round by any lawyer wanting to, and he created an example.

If Ndong is backed into a corner, things could get messy, but I am sure we all believe the club is doing the right thing

i thought we allowed him to stay away in july while still getting paid. he then decided not to come back off his own bat

Dilli we did but unpaid, but no mention of that with ndong

the lad is not saying that his post is his belief.

He was replying to my thread, where I was saying that things could get twisted round by any lawyer wanting to, and he created an example.

If Ndong is backed into a corner, things could get messy, but I am sure we all believe the club is doing the right thing

Dilli we did but unpaid, but no mention of that with ndong

Doing the right thing in the average persons mind and what is actually legal can often be different

A few years ago Ed Ball had the leader of Hackney council children’s services sacked following the death of a young child, it was warmly welcomed by public who thought it the right thing to do and Balls still argues to this day that it was however she took him to court and was awarded a lot of money for unfair dismissal, I seem to remember due to proper procedures not being followed

Let’s hope the club has followed proper procedures in this case and that of Djilobodji

I suppose you could it’s enforcing it that’s the problem, how do force someone to pay up when they and their assists are outside the country, Chelsea haven’t managed it with Mutu
because the rule says the club he signs for is jointly liable..we get the club to pay...

different rule i think, as the rule we will go on is one where any club he signs for is jointly liable, so we get the money from the club.

Doing the right thing in the average persons mind and what is actually legal can often be different

A few years ago Ed Ball had the leader of Hackney council children’s services sacked following the death of a young child, it was warmly welcomed by public who thought it the right thing to do and Balls still argues to this day that it was however she took him to court and was awarded a lot of money for unfair dismissal, I seem to remember due to proper procedures not being followed

Let’s hope the club has followed proper procedures in this case and that of Djilobodji
I agree with you. I remember that case, I think it was more about the media wanting blood and a hanging before any facts were established.

hopefully safc will be cute enough to have all the evidence they need

because the rule says the club he signs for is jointly liable..we get the club to pay...

different rule i think, as the rule we will go on is one where any club he signs for is jointly liable, so we get the money from the club.
I agree best chance of compo is from a club, just trying to make the point that any judgement against N’Dong is virtually unenforceable and hence worthless

I agree best chance of compo is from a club, just trying to make the point that any judgement against N’Dong is virtually unenforceable and hence worthless
whatr judgement against ndong? the sacking him for destroying his value argument is the only judgement we want and thats the one that would get us money from the club? as for worth-we are saving millions in wages.

Back