RR ROKER ROUNDUP: Didier Ndong & Sunderland situation nears end as report claims he ‘fears arrest’

Status
Not open for further replies.
whatr judgement against ndong? the sacking him for destroying his value argument is the only judgement we want and thats the one that would get us money from the club? as for worth-we are saving millions in wages.
A legal judgement in court, agree with club bit that’s the only route that will see us getting any money, we won’t getting anything directly from player alla Mutu and Chelsea

Accept that but the mutu case is relevant in so much as Chelsea have been unable to recover, and seem resigned to never recovering the damages they were awarded against Mutu. I think we need to recognise that would probably be the case with N’Dong as all his assets will be outside the uk if not already certainly by the time any case has run its course through the courts. I best hope of any compensation has to be from any club he might sign for.
agree totally, I think the question regarding him signing for another club would be around collusion by the player/agent/club to 'gain' financially from his breach of contract

Interesting. But I can imagine it could be challenged under law

And his argument would be that no club will pay it and thus he can’t work.

That argument was weakened by Torinos early offer and his f***ing it up. Bodji has a much stronger argument for that in that noone has matched our valuation.

I have little sympathy he is a grown man but the advice by his agent could have ended his career. He is simply not good enough were teams will overlook what has gone and the threat of legal action.

the lad is not saying that his post is his belief.

He was replying to my thread, where I was saying that things could get twisted round by any lawyer wanting to, and he created an example.

If Ndong is backed into a corner, things could get messy, but I am sure we all believe the club is doing the right thing

Dilli we did but unpaid, but no mention of that with ndong

They could and that's what lawyers get paid to do.....but I cannot see how Dong will be allowed to win......Imagine if top 6 players could just renege on their contracts and just Fook off......they will never let it happen, we'd get a canny whip round for our court costs.......

Especially as it was reported that he'd agreed personal terms, and the deal only fell through because of his agent's ridiculous demand for €2m.
The fact that a deal had been agreed and that personal terms had been agreed only for his agent to try and stiff Torino for a few more perks would suggest that N'dong and/or his agent deliberately scuppered the agreed deal...That should hold us in good stead

any evidemce they encouraged him not to show up? thats what happened with papy but no evidence it happened with ndong..

no club will pay for me to play professional football..doesnt mean I get a few quid from sunderland..it means I get another job..,

No evidence, just playing devils advocate. I noticed SD always puts emphasise on "we didnt ask them not to show up" which could be sales talk for we didnt state that they should show up. Who knows?

Which part of "he went AWOL without any kind of communication" which is in breach of his contract, don't you get?

Logon or register to see this image

i thought we allowed him to stay away in july while still getting paid. he then decided not to come back off his own bat

I dont know mate, as far as the club are saying I think he didnt turn up and didnt get paid. We had discussed this with Papy but not with Didier, apparently.

Last edited:
I don’t know, I’m not a lawyer

But I’m sure his lawyer would argue that he is not getting paid and at the same time we are preventing him working

Let’s say he wanted to play French division two for a pittance (or because that is his level), they wouldn’t be able to buy out his contract
Nothing to stop him earning a living outside of playing football.

I imagine this imbroglio will end in some messy co.promise of some sort, with the player moving and the agent pocketing even more money.

But this player and his pimp could be about to cross the Rubicon where contracts in football are concerned.

Let's say he gets away with this. He gets to play for some other ( stupid) club, minimal or no fee is paid, the club suffer and the player and agent end up effectively tearing up a contract because they don't want it anymore.

Clubs everywhere will see this as a threat to their functioning as a viable business. The contracts could either be no longer offered, or be conditional on the club also having the same tight to tear up a contract on a useless player.

In our case, we'd need a new shredder, but in all cases the game could change irrevocably.

They could and that's what lawyers get paid to do.....but I cannot see how Dong will be allowed to win......Imagine if top 6 players could just renege on their contracts and just Fook off......they will never let it happen, we'd get a canny whip round for our court costs.......

It depends on the defence ndong puts up and whether it is accepted

it took the bosman ruling 5 years to sort out as at the time, they did not think it would succeed but it did.

In reality, everything is getting a bit silly, including the transfer fees and the agents behaviour. It all needs looking at before it comes crashing down around our ears.

I imagine this imbroglio will end in some messy co.promise of some sort, with the player moving and the agent pocketing even more money.

But this player and his pimp could be about to cross the Rubicon where contracts in football are concerned.

Let's say he gets away with this. He gets to play for some other ( stupid) club, minimal or no fee is paid, the club suffer and the player and agent end up effectively tearing up a contract because they don't want it anymore.

Clubs everywhere will see this as a threat to their functioning as a viable business. The contracts could either be no longer offered, or be conditional on the club also having the same tight to tear up a contract on a useless player.

In our case, we'd need a new shredder, but in all cases the game could change irrevocably.

maybe its the impasse that football needs to sort out fees and agents

That is why I think this could be a bit of a landmark case. If Ndong wins then it says to very expensive players that they can sign one day for masses of money, then leave the very next day without any worries and go to the next club. Nobody would spend £50m on an asset that can become worthless within hours and it legally puts power in players hands. That would be very dangerous for football, and potentially would see either a crash in transfer fees, or a drastic change in the conditions of players contracts.

On the other hand, if Sunderland win then it says to clubs that if your player goes off in a huff, you have the power. It is the fear of players going on strike, giving up etc that makes clubs throw wages at troublemakers. If we show you don't have to, that could drive down wages.

Interestingly, if transfer fees crash, then it will be the big clubs that benefit the most. They can poach players away and the smaller clubs have little they can do about it while losing a large income stream. If the power goes to clubs then a drop in wages across the board benefits the smaller clubs as there is not such a huge gap to the top clubs.

That is why I think this could be a bit of a landmark case. If Ndong wins then it says to very expensive players that they can sign one day for masses of money, then leave the very next day without any worries and go to the next club. Nobody would spend £50m on an asset that can become worthless within hours and it legally puts power in players hands. That would be very dangerous for football, and potentially would see either a crash in transfer fees, or a drastic change in the conditions of players contracts.

On the other hand, if Sunderland win then it says to clubs that if your player goes off in a huff, you have the power. It is the fear of players going on strike, giving up etc that makes clubs throw wages at troublemakers. If we show you don't have to, that could drive down wages.

Interestingly, if transfer fees crash, then it will be the big clubs that benefit the most. They can poach players away and the smaller clubs have little they can do about it while losing a large income stream. If the power goes to clubs then a drop in wages across the board benefits the smaller clubs as there is not such a huge gap to the top clubs.

However the market changes, the big lerds will maintain the stranglehold......UEFA and the champions league has fooked any kind of real competition in the major leagues, they want the same teams in the latter stages every year to maximise sponsorship, pecking order all flows down from the Top 6 in this country........

Footy is Fooked, that's why 'eshley won't spend £100 to finish between 7th and 10th......wots the Fookin point and he's bang on.....

There are many things wrong with the UK but being arrested for not turning up for training isn't one of them.

Trying the "poor me, I've been bullied, I'm scared". What an absolute disgrace to his profession. He wants to have a look at the Wolves keeper who's had leukemia or the Liverpool lad with Motor Neurone. Proper courage in adversity those lads not some spineless twat who can't be arsed doing his job.

Sorry, rant over.

not a rant is it? the sodding truth.

I don't think it's quite that serious. If Ndong wins, all it means is that if a player doesn't bother showing up, no club will do what we did, i.e. they won't sack him, they'll simply not pay him whilst he's away and then, when he eventually comes back, they'll probably have to start paying him again but will seek to sell at the first opportunity. In our situation we were keen to get rid especially because his wages were so big compared to our new turnover, most clubs won't have this issue so most would be able to take on the wage again when the player returns.

The interesting thing for me is, if his next club can be held jointly liable, when is the value decided? We can say we think it's the amount Torino bid, but that will still be open to dispute. Surely that decision has to be taken before he moves? After all, let's say we were looking at signing a player who had been sacked, it would only be fair for us to know prior to signing him whether it was £5m or £1.5m we'd end up having to pay, that kind of difference could determine whether we could afford him or not. I don't want to be fair to Ndong but he does have the right to continue his career and I can't see anyone taking him on if they don't know how much they might end up having to shell out

Footy is Fooked, that's why 'eshley won't spend £100 to finish between 7th and 10th......wots the Fookin point and he's bang on.....

True and I don't blame him either. Thing is he's done it (which they often ignore) and they got relegated. Good management and planning is the best way and even then it would take either a massive stroke of luck or a ridiculous amount of cash to get you above 7th. For all Benitez is a decent manager some of the scum ignore how players he's had available have been just as good or proven better elsewhere than some of the shite he's actually signed, then they go onto bang the same drum about not spending enough and how Michael Owen is still their record signing. - Sure there's a few clubs who have spent more on one player now, but how many clubs have spent £10m+ on so many players? In the season they were relegated they spent between £12m and £15m on Wiljnaldum, Mitrovic, Townsend, Thauvin, Shelvey and then after relegation the same kind of fees on Gayle, Ritchie.

I don't think it's quite that serious. If Ndong wins, all it means is that if a player doesn't bother showing up, no club will do what we did, i.e. they won't sack him, they'll simply not pay him whilst he's away and then, when he eventually comes back, they'll probably have to start paying him again but will seek to sell at the first opportunity. In our situation we were keen to get rid especially because his wages were so big compared to our new turnover, most clubs won't have this issue so most would be able to take on the wage again when the player returns.

The interesting thing for me is, if his next club can be held jointly liable, when is the value decided? We can say we think it's the amount Torino bid, but that will still be open to dispute. Surely that decision has to be taken before he moves? After all, let's say we were looking at signing a player who had been sacked, it would only be fair for us to know prior to signing him whether it was £5m or £1.5m we'd end up having to pay, that kind of difference could determine whether we could afford him or not. I don't want to be fair to Ndong but he does have the right to continue his career and I can't see anyone taking him on if they don't know how much they might end up having to shell out

Simplest solution would be to relate it to contract value, player earns £2m pa and contract has 2 years to run sale price £4m. “Selling”club effectively gets £8m as they save £4m in wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back