RR ROKER ROUNDUP: Didier Ndong & Sunderland situation nears end as report claims he ‘fears arrest’

The value of compensation will be kicked around until it's a pittance.

No new precedent will be set.

This won't be the new 'Bosman'.

Is that simple enough for you to grasp?
no need for a precedent..we have the rule already..there wont be a new bosman because there doesnt need to be..

now how do you know what the value of the compo will be?

It might end up being similar to how Wolves signed Rui Patricio. Patricio terminated his Sporting CP contract, signed for Wolves, and Sporting want compensation from Wolves. We might do the same thing, should Ndong sign for a new club
great example thanks..so there is an established rule we can reference..though the cases are different in other ways..

Maybe GRUMPY OLD MAN could confirm but now that Dilly and Dong have gone and sacked does that mean being we are free of their wages, we can sign players in January without breaching financial fair play ?

I’d imagine we would have to recoup a portion of this £8m from the wages saved before freeing money to sign more players.

I'm interested to see how this works eventually, seems a bit of a complicated situation but if I understand it correctly the club haven't actually sacked him but accepted his contract breaches as cause to see it as self dismissal with financial compensation obligations remaining with the player.

Yep,I think that's about it. If the player wants to continue his career, he has to agree a compensation payment to us.....or,it has to be decided in a court or other arbiter. Otherwise,he's not able to play for anyone until July 2021.

the amount starts at the value of the bid we accepted in the summer..now it will be knocked down quite abit from that..or actually i think no club will touch him for a long time..and we ghet nothing but save millions..

No,I don't think that's right. The Torino bid will be used as a benchmark,because any drop in valuation from there is entirely because of the actions of the player and that could be seen as a deliberate act by the player to reduce his value in order to facilitate a move. In fact,it could be argued that the bid we accepted from Torino is one of the most favourable things in this for us and one of the most difficult for Ndong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep,I think that's about it. If the player wants to continue his career, he has to agree a compensation payment to us.....or,it has to be decided in a court or other arbiter. Otherwise,he's not able to play for anyone until July 2021.

No,I don't think that's right. The Torino bid will be used as a benchmark,because any drop in valuation from there is entirely because of the actions of the player and that could be seen as a deliberate act by the player to reduce his value in order to facilitate a move. In fact,it could be argued that the bid we accepted from Torino is one of the most favourable things in this for us and one of the most difficult for Ndong.

Especially as it was reported that he'd agreed personal terms, and the deal only fell through because of his agent's ridiculous demand for €2m.

That’s not the way it worked with mutu, he was allowed to join other clubs and Chelsea didn’t get a penny
Mutu is a bad example primarily because he was dismissed for drugs, as far as I can recall he did not go on 'strike' etc like these two clowns.
That being the case he was solely responsible for his actions and therefor deemed to be liable for the breach and associated costs. No other club or party involved.

Especially as it was reported that he'd agreed personal terms, and the deal only fell through because of his agent's ridiculous demand for €2m.

It would make it very difficult,I would think,for an independent arbiter to have much sympathy with Ndong and his advisors for the situation in which they now find themselves.

I think it may be the other way round and they will criticize us. somebody will manage to engineer a situation in order for them to do so.

The players will have been advised by their agents, a system set up by FIFA, so they will not want to seen as being the architects of this.

brits are not the flavour of the month at FIFA due to the corruption scandal and they hate the idea of brits having 4 votes

after saying that, I do entirely agree with your summing up

It seems pretty easy to do so.

• Club wanted me gone due to wages, last season and this
  • Club accepted and encouraged not to report back for training due to trying to sort transfer and they didnt want to pay wages
  • Club did not inform that this had changed
  • When they did, I reported back, stated that I wanted to play and would accept a pay cut
  • In fear for safety
  • In effect, sacked

Went over for my Doncaster ticket and here's N'Dong walking along in just his T-shirt and undercowies. Says "Donald take my club car and Sunderland tracksuit back off me". "I said well it's your own fault you went missing". "No no he said, my agent tell me the fat waiter want me, I no want to sign for Gravy Stains United, I hide away". "What are you going to do now I said". "Not sure he says, will have to get out of Sunderland and I have tickets at the Empire for Chubby Brown Show, the big fat bastardo". With that I left him as he walked over to the Wheatsheaf for breakfast.

His situation is entirely of his own making. Let's be clear here - the club haven't sacked him. They've accepted his repudiatory breach on contract; essentially, he's sacked himself by breaching his contract to the extent that the other party to the contract (us) is entitled to walk away from it with no compensation to him. The FIFA regulation on this are long and complicated https://resources.fifa.com/image/up...2018-2925437.pdf?cloudid=c83ynehmkp62h5vgwg9g , but, in essence, they impose severe penalties on both clubs and players who terminate contracts without just cause (it's clause 17 on page 19/87).
Interesting. But I can imagine it could be challenged under law

He won't be able to play for a club who are unable to meet any compensation due to us. We aren't preventing him working. He's free to play anywhere,as long as we receive due compensation. Why should we give away value on an asset we've paid for? The only question really is how much are we due.
And his argument would be that no club will pay it and thus he can’t work.

If the owners cannot successfully sue him, then this surely allows players who want a move to just down tools until they are sacked. Then as free agents negotiate high wages because buying club have had no fee to pay. Its going to be interesting to watch. At the very least, we are not paying his wages.
If we don't get anything then it opens a whole can of worms for every team

• Club accepted and encouraged not to report back for training due to trying to sort transfer and they didnt want to pay wages
  • When they did, I reported back, stated that I wanted to play and would accept a pay cut
  • In fear for safety
  • In effect, sacked

there will be all sorts of scheming going on now, especially by the agents and their respective companies.

It could have, if FIFA wanted have all sorts of repercussions on agents, but it wont. FIFA are missing a trick but I am sure Ndong will find a lawyer that will want to sue the club and his agent. One or both is responsible for him not earning. (I don't believe that myself)

• In fear for safety
  • In effect, sacked
any evidemce they encouraged him not to show up? thats what happened with papy but no evidence it happened with ndong..

Interesting. But I can imagine it could be challenged under law

And his argument would be that no club will pay it and thus he can’t work.
no club will pay for me to play professional football..doesnt mean I get a few quid from sunderland..it means I get another job..,

• In fear for safety
  • In effect, sacked

Which part of "he went AWOL without any kind of communication" which is in breach of his contract, don't you get?

Mutu is a bad example primarily because he was dismissed for drugs, as far as I can recall he did not go on 'strike' etc like these two clowns.
That being the case he was solely responsible for his actions and therefor deemed to be liable for the breach and associated costs. No other club or party involved.
Accept that but the mutu case is relevant in so much as Chelsea have been unable to recover, and seem resigned to never recovering the damages they were awarded against Mutu. I think we need to recognise that would probably be the case with N’Dong as all his assets will be outside the uk if not already certainly by the time any case has run its course through the courts. I best hope of any compensation has to be from any club he might sign for.

He can pay it himself......or his greedy agent.
He can’t. He won’t be worth that much realistically

It’s an interesting topic and in no way I am defending him btw

Bosman (effectively) said players at the end of their contract can’t have their registration withheld for money. Freedom of registration at end of contract

This case he is now out of contract (because of his own breach). But we are effectively holding his registration due to that breach. His argument will be that he is not being paid and as such this doesn’t hold

Back