ROI v Denmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
We thought they were the plucky oirish until we realised they hated us.
Weirdest experience of my life was in a bar in Derry, watching the Euros in 2012.

Blokes with English football tops shouting comments like English wankers etc when an interview came on about the England football team. :lol:

I think this may go to a penalty shoot out
Nah.

Irish supporters react the same way as boro supporters do when you tell them that they aren’t your rivals.

They spend the rest of the night trying to convinceyou only to be sucker punched with the comment “most English people like seeing you win”

Last edited:

Weirdest experience of my life was in a bar in Derry, watching the Euros in 2012.

Blokes with English football tops shouting comments like English wankers etc when an interview came on about the England football team. :lol:

Nah.

Irish supporters react the same way as boro supporters do when you tell them that they aren’t your rivals.

They spend the rest of the night trying to convinceyou only to be sucker punched with the comment “most English people like seeing you win”
still think a pen shoot out is likely

lest you all forget the great irishman himself would be sad to see the irish go out again. he gave us drumaville!

If only England qualified?...GERRIN!!!

Not great telly, but it's about time the lads won something.

No it wouldn't.

ROIvNorway 1994...one of the worst games of football I've ever seen. (tremendous ROI away shirt though, which I have stored somewhere in my house!).

My point being that it will be just like RoI v Norway in 1994!

Matelots man, squaddies are the army Mick.

All squaddies to me Patsy, slab-faced kernts covered in tatts like you see in Benidorm.

Roaring and shouting around the place and annoying decent folks

One thing you won't see Patsy, a chara, is the 'Hagen been wrecked by a bunch of wasters with shaved heads and big bellies operating on welfare.

Delighted the Engerland got to Russia, those cretins will get a right good shoeing over there.

Shower of pock-faced tossers.

A rivalry usually involves two sides disliking each other or celebrating in their rivals misfortune.

It’s one way with the Irish. The English don’t actually give the ROI a second thought. You aren’t a rival of England despite everyone in Ireland going all ABE every two years.

Then going back to sitting with English football club tops on.

I’ve never understood it tbh.
It's actually more often got to do with geography, but sure look, what you can't understand is quite simple really - Football supporters from Ireland like to wear jerseys of the team they support (many of which are English clubs) Football supporters from Ireland when our International team is playing England like to beat England as we particularly see you as rivals (even if some of you don't) , When the the international game is over people revert back to their clubs, just think of the supporter like a player, we have Club duty and International duty, quite simple really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back