ROI v Denmark

Denmark completely dismantled the Polish team a couple of months ago, a team far stronger than the Irish.

I raise you, Denmark didn't qualify for the Euro's and you've also only beaten us 3 times in 12 games :D

The individual quality of Eriksen could very well prove to be the difference, but Ireland have only lost 5 competitive games in 3 years.

We've beaten Germany, Italy, Austria, Wales, Bosnia etc in this time so don't take us for granted ;)

I raise you, Denmark didn't qualify for the Euro's and you've also only beaten us 3 times in 12 games :D

The individual quality of Eriksen could very well prove to be the difference, but Ireland have only lost 5 competitive games in 3 years.

We've beaten Germany, Italy, Austria, Wales, Bosnia etc in this time so don't take us for granted ;)

I am sure it will be a good couple of games... I think Denmark have the better team though. Can't think of one Irish player who would make the Danish starting 11. Shane Long at a push maybe...

I am sure it will be a good couple of games... I think Denmark have the better team though. Can't think of one Irish player who would make the Danish starting 11. Shane Long at a push maybe...

With all due respect you have the likes of Bendtner, Kvist, Dalsgaard etc as regulars.

Let's not get ahead of yourself.

Fuck 'em, I hope the Irish get beat tree - nil.

If it was Denmark v England all the bog trotters would be Scandinavian for the day.
I spoke to an Irish lad at the weekend and he reckons that he supports England against other teams as he’s lived over here a while. He seemed genuine enough, he’s a jockey based at uttoxeter.

I spoke to an Irish lad at the weekend and he reckons that he supports England against other teams as he’s lived over here a while. He seemed genuine enough, he’s a jockey based at uttoxeter.

I was in a bar in Bordeaux for the Eng v Rom game when a load of Irish blokes came in dressed up in Romania tops and wrapped in Romania flags. They cheered every Romania goal louder than they would have cheered any Irish one. All kicked off after the final whistle and they got a good shoeing.

With all due respect you have the likes of Bendtner, Kvist, Dalsgaard etc as regulars.

Let's not get ahead of yourself.

Bendtner a regular? He has only just come back into the team after being out in the cold since the new boss took over (early 2016).

I'll tell you who is a regular though: Durmisi.

Last edited:
I was in a bar in Bordeaux for the Eng v Rom game when a load of Irish blokes came in dressed up in Romania tops and wrapped in Romania flags. They cheered every Romania goal louder than they would have cheered any Irish one. All kicked off after the final whistle and they got a good shoeing.
Was that the match when Phil Neville messed up at the end?

Divided loyalties here. I'm half a Dane and the wife and lots of my friends are Irish. While Denmark would be my 2nd team I will be in Ireland for a few days during the tournament so would be good fun.

NI only for me, not fussed about foreign teams qualifying or not.

If only England qualified?...GERRIN!!!

Not great telly, but it's about time the lads won something.

It is hard to think of a duller draw.

No it wouldn't.

ROIvNorway 1994...one of the worst games of football I've ever seen. (tremendous ROI away shirt though, which I have stored somewhere in my house!).

Last edited:

Back