Robson Greens weekend escapes

Watched a few of them last night, I find some of his mannerisms odd but still a decent viewing.
I like them too. To me Robson Green sounds like people I knew at school who moved away and were maybe very successful in their chosen careers, a sort of mix of a bit posh and trying to make people understand the strange ways we in the nort east sometimes pronounce things, especially words with the letter U in them

He had the honour of presenting me with my degree certificate 1998...in his speech I remember him going on and on about his wife, how he owes all his success to her etc..

Left her and kids a few months later for some younger bit!

I thought then, Geordie tit

he did the same a few year back with the oriental missus of a vicar iirc there ,got the old wandering eye does our Robson especially when it comes to the already married bewers

Last edited:
he did the same a few year back with the oriental missus of a vicar iirc there ,got the old wandering eye does our Robson especially when it comes to the already married bewers

Personally not up to date with the celebrity news, but the Filipina lass he was with is an acquaintance of one of our lasses mates and iirc they are no longer an item

It came on last night as i was making me tea
"join may on my journey " in the opening titles !

I'm sorry like but these people driving along a country road saying Wonderful and incredible non stop need a slap
its like phil and kirsty having a w..k because they can see a field from a bedroom window

his nephew is also an actor...while his uncle is not

who was your boss at Swans ..????
I Didn’t work at swans
Was with him in first year training school at hebburn
He was a canny lad but a bit like Norman wisdom/ lee evans the way he went on
Bumped into him at the tall ships in Newcastle in 1986 and he’d just left swans to join live theatre

The bloke is a total Cockwomble. Used to have a strong Hexham accent. Now it’s Posh Jawdee...f***ing excruciating. And his patter reeks.Was once on same commuter flight as him from Heathrow to Saudiville. He played the do you know who I am card with cabin staff, demanding that he should sit in first class. Vomit inducing.

First class Prick.

Not a fan of Robson Green, one bit.
But, it's a terrific showcase for the North East .
As I'd imagine it's on national telly, you need a famous person to host it who the rest of the UK (and abroad) recognise.
I'd prefer a North East equivalent to Fred Dibnah, if there is one ?
However, to get a broader audience, you probably need someone such as an actor, who has worked with younger people, like tonight's programme.
Will definitely now watch the previous 6 episodes I've missed.
Still think RG is an egotistical nob, mind...

The missus googled Tanfield Railway straight after the programme to see how much it cost for the afternoon tea.

She said she couldn’t get through on the website coz it was stowed off with traffic or something.

Edit: I’ve been telling her, and taking her to places in Northumbria, County Durham etc since I met her and she loves it. But maybe Causey and Tanfield was just too close to Stanley coz she wasn’t interested before.

Last edited:

Back