Rob Key New England MD

Same

I think we will end up with Kirsten just because key’s top choices wont want it

The biggest mistake I think he will make is appointing James Taylor selector, he’s been involved for a while now and party to some strange squads

Andy flower be perfect for that to me

The thing with t20 is you don’t need to play all the meaningless games

Aussies proved that just picked their best team for the tournament and won
"Ideally, Key would have liked to have a new head coach in place for the Test team before deciding on a captain but as the ECB have committed, in their 12 point action plan after last year’s racism scandal, to having a full, open and transparent recruitment process for all positions, they will need to advertise the job and then go through an interview process — which will take several weeks and cannot be circumvented unless the ECB breaks its own commitment made in November."

from the times, that is such bollocks and will hinder the team
they are saying there is no chance of a new coach being in chage by the NZ series and Colly likely to lead

cant believe that, if he knows who he wants, appoint him next week man.
If that happens and they can’t get somebody in for weeks on end find that farcical

I know it’s moving away from everyone else’s comments but I find it interesting that Marcus North withdrew for family reasons after the Franklin news came out. ‘Conincidence’

I know it’s moving away from everyone else’s comments but I find it interesting that Marcus North withdrew for family reasons after the Franklin news came out. ‘Conincidence’
The Franklin news was a non event but mightn't have been coincidence that he withdrew after the Key appointment.
Both Ponting and Jayawardene have declined the head coach role. Ottis muted for the test role and Nick Knight for the white ball.

The Franklin news was a non event but mightn't have been coincidence that he withdrew after the Key appointment.
Both Ponting and Jayawardene have declined the head coach role. Ottis muted for the test role and Nick Knight for the white ball.
Nick Knight!?:eek:

Interview with Rob Key on Sky Sports News coming up
Thought he spoke a lot of sense tbh , I know the general feeling and me included is how is he qualified to do this job.

Maybe that’s what we need , someone that isn’t from this world that can see the situation in a different way

Thought he spoke a lot of sense tbh , I know the general feeling and me included is how is he qualified to do this job.

Maybe that’s what we need , someone that isn’t from this world that can see the situation in a different way

Key spoke very well, the opposite of your typical ECB man

his downside is his lack of experience but its a pretty unique job, not really any experience you can do

Good appointment, along with Stokes.

Giles was qualified and nothing but a disaster.

Mail reporting Brendan McCullum sounded our for white ball role

Really like Key's approach and comment so far, albeit some based on rumours, but absolute chalk and cheese from the usual ECB rherotic

Just hope people give him time and a chance to turn things around

My only worry is that Taylor and the analyst will be pickin the first squads, they've been a disaster over the last 2 years

I'd rather he just sacked them and picked them himself, alongside Colly and Stokes.

Sounds like that wont happen yet though, Taylor seems untouchable for some reason, almost like they are desperate for him to do well.

Mail reporting Brendan McCullum sounded our for white ball role

Really like Key's approach and comment so far, albeit some based on rumours, but absolute chalk and cheese from the usual ECB rherotic

Just hope people give him time and a chance to turn things around

My only worry is that Taylor and the analyst will be pickin the first squads, they've been a disaster over the last 2 years

I'd rather he just sacked them and picked them himself, alongside Colly and Stokes.

Sounds like that wont happen yet though, Taylor seems untouchable for some reason, almost like they are desperate for him to do well.
I don't know why we don't just reappoint bayliss(although there is that old adage of never going back)

Although McCullum would be very interesting.

Last edited:
I don't know why we don't just reappoint bayliss(although there is that old adage of never going back)

Although McCullum would be very interesting.

Yeah I do agree

There is a good interview with Key with Hussain in Mail today, I will post it

Talks absolutely nothing like a suit or an ECB man, its unusual

Anyway he does say he doesnt want a coach just to faciliate Morgan and give him all he wants, which I agree with, we have taken our eye off the ball a bit and need a bit more there

Maybe Bayliss would just always defer to Morgan, I dunno

Just watched this on catch-up. Excellent conversation. I like Key's approach and the fact he doesn't talk like an ECB suit.

I totally agree

Lets wait and see if he is a success but I think he talks like a human and has good intentions.

I think its a good outside the box appointment

Back