RIP Peter Preece (Ceverton)

Sat here in shock. I've only just seen this because of the matchday thread. Both me and my lass have known him for years.

I worked on the same team as him, and even when I moved away he still always made time to chat to me when we knocked into each other, and he always offered to help me sort my fitness out. Had a couple of class nights out with him, and always enjoyed chatting/laughing about his obsession with Kirsty Gallagher

Our lass has been telling stories about hanging out with him when she went to Littletown matches, and his daftness on work nights out.

Such an amazing human, and someone I'm going to miss

RIP Peter mate

Aye. I only know him from here but he seemed a top lad.
There isn’t another like him, totally unique and charismatic! One of the funniest blokes you’ll ever meet but also his social/virtual presence was hilarious too. Going to miss him
I noticed people I know from other parts of the country through work and other non-football related reasons commenting on Facebook. It's amazing how widespread his business was.

He was so selfless and dedicated his time to helping others in his business, far and wide, all whilst entertaining folk on here with his multiple aliases, all of which were just part and parcel of his hilarious nature

Last edited:
Absolutely truly awful news. RIP mate and my thoughts go out to the family xxxx
To quote Boycie "I am gutted".

I'd known Peter since we were in Red House Comp together. When his dad knocked on I thought he wanted a cup of tea. I'm still not able to process the news. He was someone I genuinely looked up to and respected. He gave so much to people and didn't even ask for anything in return. We had a wonderful friendship and we never fell out. He had a wonderful life to look forward to with his business and found a nice lass that he enjoyed spending time with. I'm finding it difficult to articulate what he meant to me without stringing a load of random sentences together, he was like a brother to me and I will miss him dearly. It's his parents sitting in that house and his lass I worry for.

RIP Peter, the best mate I've ever had.
Gutted for you mate I really am xxx
Hi lads and lasses,

Please see below,
Many thanks
Donated xx

Last edited:
Never knew the lad but read his posts many a time. Tragic for one so young to pass.

To have helped so many people is pretty incredible.

RIP Ceverton/The Hoff and condolences to all of your many friends and family.

To quote Boycie "I am gutted".

I'd known Peter since we were in Red House Comp together. When his dad knocked on I thought he wanted a cup of tea. I'm still not able to process the news. He was someone I genuinely looked up to and respected. He gave so much to people and didn't even ask for anything in return. We had a wonderful friendship and we never fell out. He had a wonderful life to look forward to with his business and found a nice lass that he enjoyed spending time with. I'm finding it difficult to articulate what he meant to me without stringing a load of random sentences together, he was like a brother to me and I will miss him dearly. It's his parents sitting in that house and his lass I worry for.

RIP Peter, the best mate I've ever had.
Sorry for your loss mate, didnt know the lad but recognise his face from around town and same age, by reading the comments he was a goodun.
Thoughts with his family and friends

Back