RIP Peter Preece (Ceverton)

Sorry I hadnt seen this, thats just awful, good poster, and he is just a kid.

RIP Peter. so sad.
To quote Boycie "I am gutted".

I'd known Peter since we were in Red House Comp together. When his dad knocked on I thought he wanted a cup of tea. I'm still not able to process the news. He was someone I genuinely looked up to and respected. He gave so much to people and didn't even ask for anything in return. We had a wonderful friendship and we never fell out. He had a wonderful life to look forward to with his business and found a nice lass that he enjoyed spending time with. I'm finding it difficult to articulate what he meant to me without stringing a load of random sentences together, he was like a brother to me and I will miss him dearly. It's his parents sitting in that house and his lass I worry for.

RIP Peter, the best mate I've ever had.

So sorry mate, this is awful

Just stick in there if you can.

Last edited:
RIP Ceverton.

I don't PM many on here but nearly 6 years back I had a conversation with Ceverton about work grievances and redundancies as he was going through some similar things that I was/had.

Shortly after this period he started his dog walking/caring business which I thought was great. Looks like he went onto do even more good and better things for people since.

Always seemed a good lad on here.

Really sorry to hear that mate.. how are you holding up?
I'm fine thanks just shocked that a fit bloke around my age died suddenly. It's his family that I am gutted for. He looks to be of the same ilk as Ceverton, a lad who would do anything for everyone and 100% totally dependable.
As I said it makes you realise that after a certain age nothing should be taken for granted.
Hope things are picking up for yourself aswell !

I'm fine thanks just shocked that a fit bloke around my age died suddenly. It's his family that I am gutted for. He looks to be of the same ilk as Ceverton, a lad who would do anything for everyone and 100% totally dependable.
As I said it makes you realise that after a certain age nothing should be taken for granted.
Hope things are picking up for yourself aswell !
I'm as ok can be mate, you've just got to see this thread to see what he meant to us all. Take it easy mate and appreciate what you do have.

RIP Ceverton.

I don't PM many on here but nearly 6 years back I had a conversation with Ceverton about work grievances and redundancies as he was going through some similar things that I was/had.

Shortly after this period he started his dog walking/caring business which I thought was great. Looks like he went onto do even more good and better things for people since.

Always seemed a good lad on here.
I'm sure Peter won't mind me saying as we got on well.
He was involved in an interesting investigation involving a wad ( as we would call them )

Late to this but that is desperate news that mind. Young lad in his prime. Didn't know him but he was a decent poster and obviously well thought of by those who did know him. RIP fella. Strength to his family and friends.

For info

Dear All, We can now confirm the Funeral arrangements for Peter. The Service will take place at : Sunderland Crematorium Chester Rd, Sunderland SR4 7RS On 28th January 2022 at 11.30am We will also have a live feed available for those of you that are unable to attend. This will be a link that we will post at a later date. If you would like to personally send messages to Peters parents. They would really appreciate this and would like for these to be sent to: Mr & Mrs P C Preece C/O Manor House Funeral Services Ltd 75-77 Blackwood Rd, Sunderland SR5 4PT Immediately after the service we are Inviting you for refreshments at: Stadium Of Light Monkwearmouth, Sunderland SR5 1SU Respectfully Elaine Preece

Back