RIP Peter Preece (Ceverton)

Had to sign up again as my original account had been wiped. Quite ironic, given the amount of accounts Pete had!

Had the pleasure of playing with Pete for SMB, Houghton and Littletown. Just an absolute riot of a man. As gentle as he was tall. Beefy messaged me to tell me the news, and I haven't slept for thinking about it. Absolute madness. Just unbelievable really. I can still see his face in Houghton changing rooms as he manages to tell the most sinister story in such a softly spoken, blameless tone that was the complete juxtaposition of a man of his frame. His enthusiasm in the field was infectious, his character off the field even more so.

Hadn't spoken to him for a few years since not playing for Littletown anymore - but needed to sign up again to say RIP mate, the world is a shittier (but likely cleaner and safer) place without ya. Incredible news. Thought-provoking and absolutely wounding. RIP Big lad.

Thought about you yesterday mate but apart from LinkedIn I didn’t know how to contact you and it didn’t seem right to message on there. Some great pics I’ve shared on my Facebook if you ask your MIL to show you. Hope you are keeping well mate and hopefully we’ll catch up soon

Aye, lost my Twitter between Rachael Riley and a famous Captain of the SAFC ship. Couldn’t be arsed to kick it back up mate, given the world at present, I couldn’t be chewed anymore. Hope you and Matty are well
All good Hutch, hope you are too mate. Been too long, if there is one thing a tragic loss can do, it can bring people closer. Pint?

I also think we need a pint and a realisation of things too mate. Would be good to do that at a Littletown game in the coming season.

All good my end, Sweeney. Hope you’re dealing with this and life well marra

However, this did make me chuckle 😂
agreed. Things got out of hand but you know what life’s too f***ing short marra.

Put it behind us and move on. Have a pint and toast absent friends.

Last edited:
Done. RIP Peter, seemed a good lad on here, always seemed upbeat.
Just finished reading the thread, didn't realise he was The Hoff! That Lisa Brash night was a class night on here, one of the best.

No me neither, probably the funniest night I’ve ever spent on here. Had a look in the Gold forum and gutted as I can’t seem to find the thread now can’t seem to find it….surely that went Gold!

Thought about you yesterday mate but apart from LinkedIn I didn’t know how to contact you and it didn’t seem right to message on there. Some great pics I’ve shared on my Facebook if you ask your MIL to show you. Hope you are keeping well mate and hopefully we’ll catch up soon
I’ll ask her to pass them on mate. Would be good to see them. Hope you’re well and if there is one minute positive to take from this fuck show, it’s that I’d love to see the SMB/Houghton/Littletown lot again. May even dust off the pads for a charity do towards the same charity that Pete walked miles for

Aye, lost my Twitter between Rachael Riley and a famous Captain of the SAFC ship. Couldn’t be arsed to kick it back up mate, given the world at present, I couldn’t be chewed anymore. Hope you and Matty are well

agreed. Things got out of hand but you know what life’s too f***ing short marra.

Put it behind us and move on. Have a pint and toast absent friends.
Agreed mate, completely.

I’ll ask her to pass them on mate. Would be good to see them. Hope you’re well and if there is one minute positive to take from this fuck show, it’s that I’d love to see the SMB/Houghton/Littletown lot again. May even dust off the pads for a charity do towards the same charity that Pete walked miles for

They’re all on my page and the club page mate, she’ll get them to you. Great memories.

That would be excellent. The cricket club are looking at doing something along the lines of a walk too (nothing as monumental as his exploits) a day worth and stopping off at a few pubs in his memory, raising funds and donating to his cause. Hoping to get at least 20+ doing it and all former teammates etc more than welcome. Be great to see you all.

Had to sign up again as my original account had been wiped. Quite ironic, given the amount of accounts Pete had!

Had the pleasure of playing with Pete for SMB, Houghton and Littletown. Just an absolute riot of a man. As gentle as he was tall. Beefy messaged me to tell me the news, and I haven't slept for thinking about it. Absolute madness. Just unbelievable really. I can still see his face in Houghton changing rooms as he manages to tell the most sinister story in such a softly spoken, blameless tone that was the complete juxtaposition of a man of his frame. His enthusiasm in the field was infectious, his character off the field even more so.

Hadn't spoken to him for a few years since not playing for Littletown anymore - but needed to sign up again to say RIP mate, the world is a shittier (but likely cleaner and safer) place without ya. Incredible news. Thought-provoking and absolutely wounding. RIP Big lad.

Good to see you back mate! We used to play in the same FIFA club (BlackCat_89). I think there's probably a large chunk of over 30s on this forum. So sad to see the news about The Hoff.

Still shocked and saddened by this, once you're in your 30's you realise you're not the younger generation anymore, but to see the people you went drinking with and to college with when you were a teenager pass away is a shock to the system. Does this mean I'm an owld kernt now? RIP big lad, I remember having to wipe your sick off my shoulder after we carried you home from the Torrens on your birthday.

I'm the same.

I'm 32 this year, and all those thoughts hit me last night when I was trying to drift off to sleep. It really bothered me like.

To quote Boycie "I am gutted".

I'd known Peter since we were in Red House Comp together. When his dad knocked on I thought he wanted a cup of tea. I'm still not able to process the news. He was someone I genuinely looked up to and respected. He gave so much to people and didn't even ask for anything in return. We had a wonderful friendship and we never fell out. He had a wonderful life to look forward to with his business and found a nice lass that he enjoyed spending time with. I'm finding it difficult to articulate what he meant to me without stringing a load of random sentences together, he was like a brother to me and I will miss him dearly. It's his parents sitting in that house and his lass I worry for.

RIP Peter, the best mate I've ever had.
So sorry for your loss mate x

Been talking to the lads and reminiscing about when we were younger.

Not sure about in his thirties but in his twenty’s he couldnt half put the drink away.

We went to magaluff and he downed (yes downed) a bottle of jack daniels.

He then passed out after exerting the full contents of his stomach all over the floor in the fiesta jungla hotel room, after we got him on the bed as he was f::king massive, we went out on the piss and took it in turns to check on him
Every hour, anyway after about 8 pints this got forgot about until we came back in the hotel about 5/6 in the morning and he’s in a lilo in the pool with two lads from Birmingham!

So many funny stories about the big bassa.

He will certainly have a good send off at his funeral!

Bloody hell. Just seen this on match thread. Wow.

RIP lad :(

Not sure if it was Peter who was stating his charity walk was getting very little coverage by local media on a thread once. He was right.

Last edited:
Just saw the news on the match thread.

Didn't know him at all in real life but instantly recognized the username.

Had no idea at all he used to post as The Hoff. That night when this place took over that teleshopping channel with Lisa Brash hosting was one of the best ever nights on here man.

"Can you say hi to my girlfriend who has fallen down the stairs, from Andy Carroll" :lol::lol::lol:

RIP and deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

Nice to hear from you marra. I hope you're well.

Back