Right, diets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit but because of the way your body digests certain things, you could limit your calories to, say, 1500 a day but eat processed food such as sandwiches, "reduced fat" products etc and lose weight.

Or you could not count calories and eat clean and lose the same amount of weight.

Like you rightly point out though, if you eat 4000 clean calories, you're still going to put on weight. You'll look a lot better though :lol:

Not going to preach the ins and outs though. It would be like feeding myself to the wolves.

This is what I'm trying to do. It's a lifestyle change rather than just a diet. I fell into some bad habits around my working day so am replacing my morning snack with fruit and trying not to eat processed things. Carbs are rice, potatoes and some pasta and everything fresh fruit, veg, meat and fish. I'm having one treat a week (last week was ice cream at the cinema) and so far it's going ok. But blimey fruit is expensive. £3.15 for 6 plums!!! :eek:

This is what I'm trying to do. It's a lifestyle change rather than just a diet. I fell into some bad habits around my working day so am replacing my morning snack with fruit and trying not to eat processed things. Carbs are rice, potatoes and some pasta and everything fresh fruit, veg, meat and fish. I'm having one treat a week (last week was ice cream at the cinema) and so far it's going ok. But blimey fruit is expensive. £3.15 for 6 plums!!! :eek:
make sure them carbs are wholegrain ;)

As someone pointed out earlier, very very easy to go over carb intake. I try getting them from vegetables and things that are gluten free like rice noodles, sweet potatoes and pref after a workout and not before - tends to digest easier.

(and if you've read the lunch thread and thought "ya lying cow" it was my birfday yesterday and I was good as I have been for a while now...cheat today")

they have a lower glycemic index, releasing their energy over a longer period of time meaning that you don't get blood sugar spikes. Also contain more fibre.

Thanks mate, interesting that. I've stuck to whole-grain pasta and bread for ages now and didn't know why. Dunno why i never asked you earlier.

because halfgrain ones aren't as good dummy :roll:

Feel proper daft now like.

Part right and part wrong. We are supposed to consume between 140g and 180g of carbs a day (according to the experts) but the simple fact is that most of consume way more than that amount. It's not unrealistic for someone who has a bowl of cereal for breakfast or a few slices of toast to easily consume half that amount in that one meal. Most people have a fairly sedentary lifestyle which also dictates that the over-consumption of carbs will not be easily burned or converted into energy but will instead be stored as fats.

That's not quite right. Carbs can only be stored as glycogen. If you have above a certain level of glucose in your blood your body releases insulin which stimulates fat storage but will only store fat present in the blood. The energy required to convert carbs to fat/protein/whatever and vice versa is far too much to make it worth while for your body to do.

was referring to the rice and pasta, but you could use sweet potato.

I know, I was just being a sarcy bitch. I like sweet potato but Mr Smith doesn't so I've never cooked it. It's mostly rice at the moment with either a bulgar wheat salad or baked potato for lunch.

I don't want to change too much too quickly as one slip and before you know it you're back where you were. I'm sticking to changes I think are attainable over a long period. I may not lose the weight as quickly as possible but I think I'll be better equipped to keep it off.

Scott1CG said:
Check ya PM's man! :lol: 2.5 by August will be piss easy using that diet if you have the money.

Cheers mate but I wouldn't fancy that. Exercise and healthy eating is what I prefer...

Cheers mate but I wouldn't fancy that. Exercise and healthy eating is what I prefer...

Aye mate i understand, me too, but with a holiday coming up in July i'm using it as a quick solution, done no harm to people that's used it and is healthy!

Scott1CG said:
Aye mate i understand, me too, but with a holiday coming up in July i'm using it as a quick solution, done no harm to people that's used it and is healthy!

I'll have a pm just cos am curious

I know, I was just being a sarcy bitch. I like sweet potato but Mr Smith doesn't so I've never cooked it. It's mostly rice at the moment with either a bulgar wheat salad or baked potato for lunch.

I don't want to change too much too quickly as one slip and before you know it you're back where you were. I'm sticking to changes I think are attainable over a long period. I may not lose the weight as quickly as possible but I think I'll be better equipped to keep it off.

good plan of action if thats what you feel would suit you best, people need to change their habits and lifestyle, not just a quick fix.

I'll have a pm just cos am curious

I'll just post it here mate, it's nout illegal or unhealthy, it's meal replacement shakes, soups and bars, from Liportim, Exante etc.. My mam, nana and grandad have all used Lipotrim, you have 3 of the items per day and have to drink around 2-4 litres of water per day. Exante is supposedly a nicer taste to the liptrim, and it's a lot cheaper, but it's the same (and in some cases more) weight loss.

I'm getting myself a 4 week bumper pack for £99 then another 4 weeks in May time, so by my holiday in July i should be half decent, Lipotrim is £36 per week for women and £40+ for men.

There not for people who wanna get buff or out, just to lose weight.

Edit: And also, you've got to be really focused for them, cause i've heard plenty of stories of people coming off them and then putting all the weight and more back on because they aren't disciplined.

Edit: And also, you've got to be really focused for them, cause i've heard plenty of stories of people coming off them and then putting all the weight and more back on because they aren't disciplined.

That's the problem with any sort of diet really. As others have said, it's much better to make changes to your lifestyle as you're less likely to slip back into bad habits and put all the weight back on.

I'm pushing my luck with 2 1/2 by august. I'm just going to keep at it, eat well, exercise and be strict with myself. By posting my weight on here prob means nothing to anyone else but is a way to keep myself motivated. I can't wait to get going now...

Eggs act ly, that will keep me going

That's the problem with any sort of diet really. As others have said, it's much better to make changes to your lifestyle as you're less likely to slip back into bad habits and put all the weight back on.

Yep mate, my problem is not eating enough really, and for too long the stuff i have eat hasn't been healthy. Which is why i never seem to lose the weight.

But recently i've eat more frequently and healthier, and i already look a little thinner, but i'm using these shake things just for the holiday, i know for a fact i won't put the weight back on after wards.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/...ct=SR8+2BL&street=Essington+Way&ar=10&nf=TRUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back