Right, diets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titus, are you using a website or a proper calculation to find out your maintenance?

Titus, are you using a website or a proper calculation to find out your maintenance?

I'm using the Katch-McKardle formula:

BMR = 370 + (21.6 x LBM)

LBM = [total weight (kg) x (100 - bodyfat %)]/100

Then multiply that against one of the following criteria:

1.2 = Sedentary
1.3-1.4 = Lightly Active
1.5-1.6 = Moderately Active
1.7-1.8 = Very Active
1.9-2.0 = Extremely Active

Beasty 6 week training programme starts for me on monday. around 4.5-5kg to come off in that time too.

Can I play? I've been at it since Ash Wednesday and while I haven't weighed myself yet I've definitely lost some fat around my ribs.

I need to lose a hell of a lot to get to a healthy BMI (even though I think it's bollocks). Four dress sizes should do it.

I know there's people on here who know this but losing body fat and getting in shape is 80% nutrition...that's what you eat, not how much.

But yes you do lose weight by creating a calorie deficit (obviously), it just depends on what kind of end result you want.

Waxon said:
So a Monday weigh in it is then

Yeah. I'll be up at 3.20am for a run so will post my weight when I get out the shower. My target is 10.12 by august, reckon I'll be 13.??

I've just started a new job and I'm running around like a blue arsed fly. I'll be amazed if I don't lose weight soon like. I always watch what I eat but I like beer too much.

I know there's people on here who know this but losing body fat and getting in shape is 80% nutrition...that's what you eat, not how much.

But yes you do lose weight by creating a calorie deficit (obviously), it just depends on what kind of end result you want.

surely its both?

surely its both?

A little bit but because of the way your body digests certain things, you could limit your calories to, say, 1500 a day but eat processed food such as sandwiches, "reduced fat" products etc and lose weight.

Or you could not count calories and eat clean and lose the same amount of weight.

Like you rightly point out though, if you eat 4000 clean calories, you're still going to put on weight. You'll look a lot better though :lol:

Not going to preach the ins and outs though. It would be like feeding myself to the wolves.

Yawn, yawn..eat little and often, everything in moderation.

Exercise... but the important thing is to change your lifestyle, don't just sit on your fat arse.

It's simple like

Yeah. I'll be up at 3.20am for a run so will post my weight when I get out the shower. My target is 10.12 by august, reckon I'll be 13.??

Going to be long power walks for me like, would love to shift 2 stone but think 1 to 1 1/2 stone is more realistic around 15 clem at the moment

Waxon said:
Going to be long power walks for me like, would love to shift 2 stone but think 1 to 1 1/2 stone is more realistic around 15 clem at the moment

I'm pushing my luck with 2 1/2 by august. I'm just going to keep at it, eat well, exercise and be strict with myself. By posting my weight on here prob means nothing to anyone else but is a way to keep myself motivated. I can't wait to get going now...

I'm pushing my luck with 2 1/2 by august. I'm just going to keep at it, eat well, exercise and be strict with myself. By posting my weight on here prob means nothing to anyone else but is a way to keep myself motivated. I can't wait to get going now...

Check ya PM's man! :lol: 2.5 by August will be piss easy using that diet if you have the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back