Right, diets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't taking the piss, genetically there are heart problems in my family, over doing things in the gym could well be more harmful than good.

If me saying to you 'get a life' is the issue, it was a joke, normally no smiley does get a bite, I'm sure you have a great one.

Bellend :lol:

Right, today I completed my 45th gym session of the year and weighed myself. I'm down from 91kg to 86kg (14st 5lb to 13st 10lbs).

I've mostly been doing 3 days weight training (Monday: Legs and shoulders, Wednesday: Back and biceps, Friday: Chest and triceps) And doing cardio on the tuesday and thursday with a couple of saturdays or sundays thrown in. I've also been eating quite sensibly, porridge with blueberries for breakfast then salmon, chicken or pork with steamed veg for lunch and dinner. Although my one big vice is going out of a weekend, after a long work week and coming back home on my tod the last thing I wanna do is stay indoors, so I allow myself that treat.

Since I've worked myself up to this level, where now I'm fairly fit, as in I can complete a class without dying on my arse, I've decided to do some kind of cardio every day. Wednesday I did 55 min spinning, Thurs I did 75 min spinning, yesterday I did 40 mins spinning + 30 min core and today I did 1hr bodycombat. I thought that it would take a fuck off knock on my knees, which have always been a pain in the , but strangely enough they seem to be better than ever, the only twinges I get are in my calves when I walk downstairs.

So anyway, that's my log so far and will be interested if anyone has any suggestions to improve...

I'm using the Katch-McKardle formula:

BMR = 370 + (21.6 x LBM)

LBM = [total weight (kg) x (100 - bodyfat %)]/100

Then multiply that against one of the following criteria:

1.2 = Sedentary
1.3-1.4 = Lightly Active
1.5-1.6 = Moderately Active
1.7-1.8 = Very Active
1.9-2.0 = Extremely Active

I was going to suggest this, best way to lose weight safely. Also, cut back on the carbs.

Is that a suggestion for me or people in the thread looking to lose weight?

Yes that was a suggestion for people looking to lose weight.
Mostly carbohydrates get metabolised to sugar and stored as fat, as normally you don't utilise the energy to burn them off.

Yes that was a suggestion for people looking to lose weight.
Mostly carbohydrates get metabolised to sugar and stored as fat, as normally you don't utilise the energy to burn them off.

It depends on your activity levels though. It completely depends on the person. I'm losing weight on 375-400g per day.

Just weighed myself and i'm 16st 2 down from 18st 8 on Jan 1st and this has been done not by restricting CARBS just by cutting calories and exercising.

Last edited:
Last day of being able to eat what I want ! I'm all set to start tomorrow. Have a few biscuits today and prob a pizza for tea, looking forward to getting going. Slightly nervous about tomorrow mornings weigh in tho...

Last day of being able to eat what I want ! I'm all set to start tomorrow. Have a few biscuits today and prob a pizza for tea, looking forward to getting going. Slightly nervous about tomorrow mornings weigh in tho...

Looking forward to it myself

You're doomed to failure if you consider a diet to be a one-off weight loss exercise.

You must think of changing your lifestyle/eating habits permanently to maximize your chances of success.

The diet 'industry' loves people going on diets because they know the mugs will lose weight, put it back on and the process will start again.

You're doomed to failure if you consider a diet to be a one-off weight loss exercise.

You must think of changing your lifestyle/eating habits permanently to maximize your chances of success.

The diet 'industry' loves people going on diets because they know the mugs will lose weight, put it back on and the process will start again.

I totally agree, the word diet should be banned. Permanent lifestyle changes far out-weigh the short term gain of dieting.

Best of luck to those trying to lose weight:)

Breakfast the most important meal of the day. Porridge and banana for me after my pint of water and freshly squeezed lime juice. Any other ideas?

I need to dertox mind, been feeling shite for weeks.

Im gonna drink nowt but water and eat nowt but Soup and see if I die or not

I have decided to have a Chinese tonight and beers with it and a couple of bottles of red wine afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back