Right, diets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingbant1

I've still got 4 days holiday left so I'm not starting now. Starting from Monday I'm really going to get back into losing weight. I want to lose 2 1/2 - 3 stone by the opening day in August. I'm going to post my weight on here every Monday morning to inspire myself to keep motivated. I need to get seriously back into running. Currently go once or twice a week. Need to up that to at least 4 and sort my eating out.

1st weigh in - Monday 12th March...

Fatty fatty bum bum!

Fuck the running, just watch what you eat, and take 500 cals off your maintenance cals a day and the weight will start to come off nicely.

TheWanderer said:
Fatty fatty bum bum!

Fuck the running, just watch what you eat, and take 500 cals off your maintenance cals a day and the weight will start to come off nicely.

I need to run. I feel lethargic and lazy if I don't...

prehab26 said:
Well get off this forum you fat Bassa and hit the road

I'm on my holidays man. Plus I went out last night so having today off...

Good luck mate. A good tip is to stir your metabolism prior to a meal by going for a brisk 5 minute walk.

In fact take every opportunity to walk about, you can burn upto an extra 500 cals by just not being lazy.

What's your weight at day one then?

Good luck mate. A good tip is to stir your metabolism prior to a meal by going for a brisk 5 minute walk.

In fact take every opportunity to walk about, you can burn upto an extra 500 cals by just not being lazy.

This walking is superb for good health

Get yourself to a boot camp - plenty of them around. I attend the one at Seaburn (they also do Dalton Park) - cracking exercise.

His first weigh in is Monday mate.

It's important to stay low calorie and control your cravings.

Stick to a base plan of meals that include chicken, rice, eggs, etc and cut out non-essential things that you don't realise pile the fat on - cook with low cal spray as opposed to oil, don't use butter and get rid of bread. Knock full fat milk on the head and replace with semi skimmed, stop carrying money in your pocket to prevent you from popping into shops to buy snacks, remove all temptations from the house (if your cupboards are full of biscuits and cakes/crisps then chuck them out cos you'll only start going to them when you are hungry).

Basically, get in the right mindset and exercise regularly and it should fall off.

Bishop Mackem said:
What the feck you up so early for If your on holiday?

I'm always up early. I start work at 5am when I'm at work so up at 4. After 10 years of doing this my body clock wakes me up at 4 anyway, plus with a 6 month old lie ins are impossible. I'm never up later than 6.30am...

Waxon said:
This walking is superb for good health

Walking + hitt = success. Fuck going for jogs or going to the gym.

Fact is most people sit in their arse all day, me included.

The bbc told me.

f***ing hell just let him run if he wants man :lol:

Good luck marra I know you said you had lost a lot before.

ayesane said:

I'll post on Monday morning. I'm too scared to go on the scales before then :)

I need to run. I feel lethargic and lazy if I don't...
I can tell you right now that if you run more and don't make big changes to your diet and alcohol consumption then you're pissing in the wind. Excercise probably only counts for a small percentage compared to diet for weight loss.
The fact that you are so overweight despite running once or twice a week says that your diet is shite mate. This is where you need to start. Lock in that second run a week as a definite instead of a sometimes and read up on the science of healthy eating and what you should be eating, ie - Protein.
Once you begin to see results you'll find that your motivation to excercise more and watch what you eat will increase. Some toning excercises will help achieve the results you want.

I can tell you right now that if you run more and don't make big changes to your diet and alcohol consumption then you're pissing in the wind. Excercise probably only counts for a small percentage compared to diet for weight loss.
The fact that you are so overweight despite running once or twice a week says that your diet is shite mate. This is where you need to start. Lock in that second run a week as a definite instead of a sometimes and read up on the science of healthy eating and what you should be eating, ie - Protein.
Once you begin to see results you'll find that your motivation to excercise more and watch what you eat will increase. Some toning excercises will help achieve the results you want.

See word two in thread title for evidence he intends to start dieting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back