Rick Parry Season resumption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next seasons FA and League cups one game only for every round I reckon. Semi final for both at neutral venues.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to let the lowest ranked team at the time of the draw to play at home, irrespective of the order they came out of the hat.

wouldnt surprise me if bigger clubs try and get both cup competitions postponed next season to fit in all league games in a shorter period. Think we could definitely see the league cup not going ahead

You talk like football is a cure for everyone’s problems, it’s not, it’s just a game. After this is all over, people will have lost loved ones, people will be in financial difficulties and will worry for their future....but hold on! a game of football will put everything right.....dear me!
Tbf he hasn't said that. As harsh as this sounds life will go on and any degree of normality will be a crumb of comfort for people.

I think the plan he’s come up with is a possibility.

There’s some whispers emerging about a structured releasing of lockdown measures based initially on age.
Say they allow those under the age of 30 to return to work first (most but not all players will fit into this category).
Games will be played behind closed doors ensuring those taking part are within that age group.
It’s possible I suppose.

**Edit - it would mean John Mc, Maguire and Lafferty would all be ineligible **

Last edited:
Exactly and the slower its progress the better.

Not half the squad though.

BTW do you class football as essential?
Could be half the squad given some of them might have had it and had no symptoms or very minor. No one will know until we get antibody tests.

No I don't class football as essential. But gradually restrictions will be lifted over coming weeks, one sector at a time potentially. I don't see behind closed doors football matches being a massive issue.

Could be half the squad given some of them might have had it and had no symptoms or very minor. No one will know until we get antibody tests.

No I don't class football as essential. But gradually restrictions will be lifted over coming weeks, one sector at a time potentially. I don't see behind closed doors football matches being a massive issue.
Months.

Picking hairs there mate. 5 weeks or two months, 10 weeks or three months, whatever, no one knows exactly. Probably years before life is 100% normal given the austerity that will be coming down the track with the recession.
My point is it's not happening anytime soon.

Youre kidding???? He was one of the. Originals that got the Premier League up and running. I think he's a slimey twat mind
I didn’t know that. The premier league coming about was a blur to me at 8yr old. but a quick google produces an image of him looking like terry the taxi driver off brook side and I do recognise him through his Liverpool time.

I didn’t know that. The premier league coming about was a blur to me at 8yr old. but a quick google produces an image of him looking like terry the taxi driver off brook side and I do recognise him through his Liverpool time.
Blimey that's when I know I'm getting old. It's seems like yesterday but is not far short of 30 years ago. It was known as the greed is good League at its inception.

Based on what exactly?
My evaluation of the situation.

Do you suppose the countries finances and sanity can take a complete lockdown indefinitely?

Remember this is only about flattening the curve, not stopping you, me, Max Power or Jordan Henderson getting infected at some point or other.

There's a reason vulnerable people were told to stay indoors for twelve weeks.

Based on what exactly?
the scientists who are runiing this thing and have a 13 week plan..which started in march..that takes it into late may or maybe eaerly june for lockdowns to be lifted..
i osdnt think there will be crowds at events then..but eevents will happen..
ascot are confident racing will take place in june behidn closed doors..and royal ascot is rather well comnnected...

My evaluation of the situation.

Do you suppose the countries finances and sanity can take a complete lockdown indefinitely?

Remember this is only about flattening the curve, not stopping you, me, Max Power or Jordan Henderson getting infected at some point or other.

There's a reason vulnerable people were told to stay indoors for twelve weeks.

At least 12 weeks.

I think you're letting wishful thinking cloud your judgment.

Football's desperation to be the be all and end all during this is starting to get right on my tits. The game has really struggled to cope being relegated to a status of not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back