Rick Parry Season resumption

Its going to be completed like, not sure why people are still in denial

Will be a big lift for the country
The timescale of 56 days to complete all games is doable
The big issue as the article says is still when can it resume.

It will be behind closed doors.
But the players need to be fit and well and most importantly tested so there is no chance of further spread among the players and staff

Think that date is still a way off.

mid-June?

Last edited:
what..but they are getting less money from football now..and your answer is they should pay more to football because they are getting less from football?
that sort of arttitude has fucked horse racing..they charge a levy to bookies..bookies repsonse has been to incentivise people to bet on other sportds..and racing is suffering..
Something to do with no football, perhaps?
You need to get a life instead of defending fat cat bookmakers.

mid-June?
Possible but don't think we know yet
Given it will be played behind closed doors and the fact this is a contact sport then the safety of the players will be the main concern
All players need to be free from the virus or it will spread around the clubs so
I think it will depend on how quickly they can get testing rolled out

They are still struggling to do that for NHS staff at the minute so who knows

Something to do with no football, perhaps?
You need to get a life instead of defending fat cat bookmakers.
eactly...no football now..so they arent making money from football..why should they give football clubs money for nowt?
do you give your money to people for owt?
football club owners are fatcats..why are you trying to bung them a few quid? some of the most corrupt and venal people on earth own uk football clubs..and you want to bung them a few quid for nowt?

why?

Not sure why the playoffs need to be 2 legs if being played behind closed doors mind.
This. Have them as one leg games on 3 days and do the same for the final. It'll free up days. Better yet, 1 day. A 2 matches at 12pm, 3pm and 6pm and the same with the finals.
Exactly my thought. No need for a 90 odd thousand stadium if behind closed doors - just any decent neutral venue.
The EFL should do what Dana White is doing with the UFC and buy a private island.

Last edited:
Possible but don't think we know yet
Given it will be played behind closed doors and the fact this is a contact sport then the safety of the players will be the main concern
All players need to be free from the virus or it will spread around the clubs so
I think it will depend on how quickly they can get testing rolled out

They are still struggling to do that for NHS staff at the minute so who knows
Which is why it won't happen.

mid-June?

You talk like football is a cure for everyoneā€™s problems, itā€™s not, itā€™s just a game. After this is all over, people will have lost loved ones, people will be in financial difficulties and will worry for their future....but hold on! a game of football will put everything right.....dear me!

mid-June?
It's nowhere near as clear cut as that and certainly not in the timeframe you suggest. I don't think most people give a fuck if it's completed or not truth be told. Whatever happens happens.

Last edited:
Why do they keep coming up with ideas with no clue about when this can happen?
Need to have a plan mate, even if it gets amended to fuckery, you need to have a plan. The Government will already have a plan for the exit, but it will be closely guarded, but never the less, there will be a plan.

With an over stretched NHS and people dying daily, yeah it makes great sense Rick Parry, which hospital are you going to deny medical staff from šŸ˜³
Hospital staff do not attend football matches unless as a fan on their day off
Which is why it won't happen.
Until you accept that most people will catch it, it's just a matter of when. Half the Portsmouth side are now immune presumably seems as they announced ages ago they had players positively tested.

Last edited:
Hospital staff do not attend football matches unless as a fan on their day off

Until you accept that most people will catch it, it's just a matter of when. Half the Portsmouth side are now immune presumably seems as they announced ages ago they had players positively tested.
I doubt it will have much impact, but a game will need a doctor and possibly an ambulance on standby Incase of injury to the players .
Who's Rick parry? Sounds like a gobshite talk sport presenter
Chairman of the EFL

Last edited:
I doubt it will have much impact, but a game will need a doctor and possibly an ambulance on standby Incase of injury to the players .

Chairman of the EFL
Yes mate, but the clubs employ their own doctors and St Johns Ambulance on paid overtime, so they are not being taken from a hospital anyway

Exactly and the slower its progress the better.

Not half the squad though.

BTW do you class football as essential?

Back