Rick Parry Season resumption

Very very optimistic to get all that done. Don't see it myself. Clubs have been furloughing staff etc but expected to be back in training in 4 weeks, no match fitness then play all those games in 56 days with Play offs over 3 legs ? Poor plan.
Something like 11 games in 2 month. With a mini pre season ahead of it? I'd say that's do-able.

Call me cynical, but I think it's a gesture more than anything. All 72 clubs will need to agree, which I'd be very surprised if they do. The EFL can then just say "well we offered".

Not sure why the playoffs need to be 2 legs if being played behind closed doors mind.

To be fair, if they can fit the games in in terms of time, it is probably better to have a two legged game in terms of giving a bit of advantage to the better side. Any side can have a bad one off game, in theory the better side is more likely to win if they get to play twice, so it probably gives a little bit more legitimacy (not the word I'm thinking of but it escapes me at the minute).

Nixon's tweet specifically says this hasn't happened.
Well they have. The £125m advanced to EFL clubs already is only the money clubs would get next season. So next season clubs will have a £125m hole in their finances. Clubs need fresh money not just an advance.

Well they have. The £125m advanced to EFL clubs already is only the money clubs would get next season. So next season clubs will have a £125m hole in their finances. Clubs need fresh money not just an advance.

"Prem rescue cash NOT being handed out yet."

Lifted verbatim from Nixon's tweet. When it comes it will be an advance, you're right. But clubs haven't even seen that yet.

Thinking positively the lack of crowds could be a leveller. As we have more away games left could work in our favour as it could take away the up for it small club against the big boys atmosphere that we seem to struggle with.

Thinking positively the lack of crowds could be a leveller. As we have more away games left could work in our favour as it could take away the up for it small club against the big boys atmosphere that we seem to struggle with.
One things for certain, the form book will be out the window if it does resume. Players could be unfit, it will be like the start of the season again. Plus if our players have been furloughed they can’t be told what to do for 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Betting companies should pay a levy to be distributed to clubs above whatever pittance they pay now.
It's not as if they can't afford it.
what..but they are getting less money from football now..and your answer is they should pay more to football because they are getting less from football?
that sort of arttitude has fucked horse racing..they charge a levy to bookies..bookies repsonse has been to incentivise people to bet on other sportds..and racing is suffering..

One things for certain, the form book will be out the window if it does resume. Players could be unfit, it will be like the start of the season again. Plus if our players have been furloughed they can’t be told what to do for 3 weeks.
True. It’s essentially an 8/9 game mini season. We see teams every season that are top after 10 games and then fall away.

If they sort the contract situation out we could have bailey wright back too which would be a plus.

The timescale of 56 days to complete all games is doable
The big issue as the article says is still when can it resume.

It will be behind closed doors.
But the players need to be fit and well and most importantly tested so there is no chance of further spread among the players and staff

Think that date is still a way off.

Back