Revolut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just gave mine a bit exercise in Morrocco, still working a treat.

Love it me, just wish they had a better payment provider, had a few bad experiences where its left me in the lurch (payments declined, atm declined but still leaves available balance and had to wait upto 10 days for it to revert etc! Always carry a spare now just incase.)

Just been on to load my card ahead of trip to states and it’s only allowing me to add £250 a day - I do have a new debit card but have never had any limits previously ?

I've just downloaded the app. I work abroad half the year and get paid in Euros so guessing I should set up a euro account first before ordering my card and stuff to get the full benefit .Any idea how revolut make money btw? If they are changing the money at exchange rate levels.

I messaged them and they said it should relax over time and it’s because it’s a new card - ah well I’ll just have to transfer £250 for the next week and hope the rates don’t plummet
Lad at work who told me about it reckons if you just ask them they will increase your limit .

I've just downloaded the app. I work abroad half the year and get paid in Euros so guessing I should set up a euro account first before ordering my card and stuff to get the full benefit .Any idea how revolut make money btw? If they are changing the money at exchange rate levels.

Lad at work who told me about it reckons if you just ask them they will increase your limit .

It’s odd as I never used to have a limit , she didn’t offer to increase it either just said it would get less restricted in ‘time’

Also have a look at Monzo. Nice to have backups. I use that and Revolut, Monzo is now a full bank as well so you get a proper debit card which avoids situations where certain machines dont accept pre-paid cards.

starling bank is decent for this as well , no fees to use your card abroad or take money out and no limits on how much you can withdraw.

Decent exchange rate as well , get an instant notification pop up on your phone as soon as you use it which is handy to see how much it's cost you in £

starling bank is decent for this as well , no fees to use your card abroad or take money out and no limits on how much you can withdraw.

Decent exchange rate as well , get an instant notification pop up on your phone as soon as you use it which is handy to see how much it's cost you in £

Starling as well aye, and Loot is another to throw in the mix!

I find with these cards it's good to have a few. Easy to transfer money between them and/or your bank, but good to avoid any issues such as their back end payment processor or 3rd party payment processor going down, then you're stuck with nee cash!

Used mine to pay for internal flights, Amtrak and Greyhound journies in the States. Saved a fair bit with the better rate that you get.

EDIT: Booked from the uk

Also have a look at Monzo. Nice to have backups. I use that and Revolut, Monzo is now a full bank as well so you get a proper debit card which avoids situations where certain machines dont accept pre-paid cards.

I used monzo last year on holiday. It's spot on. Still use it now, hoy some pocket money on. Means I can save dosh in my current account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back