Revolut

I have one with 200 euros on it. I tried to use it at a cash point in greece and it was rejected. It was the first time I've tried to use it.

No idea what's wrong with it

I don't think you'll be able to use it for anything like that as its a pre paid card and they'll want something they can charge if you knack the car. Get a Starling card. Same thing as Revolut but it's a current account.

Just got one a few weeks ago and enjoying the app features at the moment. Hoping to really see the benefit when I go on holiday next week with no fees for cash withdrawals / card payments.

No idea... I've never had it rejected at a cashpoibt.. have you tried doing contactless in a bar or shop with it

mine was temperamental in Florida last month. was on a bit of a road trip and some places it worked fine, others they had to swipe it about 10 times, other places just rejected in completly - normally shops or petrol stations. always worked fine in restaurants. couldnt work it out. had the card for 2 and half years so due a fresh one in the new year

mine was temperamental in Florida last month. was on a bit of a road trip and some places it worked fine, others they had to swipe it about 10 times, other places just rejected in completly - normally shops or petrol stations. always worked fine in restaurants. couldnt work it out. had the card for 2 and half years so due a fresh one in the new year

Petrol doesn't work anywhere.. I lear t that in france

I have one with 200 euros on it. I tried to use it at a cash point in greece and it was rejected. It was the first time I've tried to use it.

No idea what's wrong with it

Mine has worked everywhere apart from buying tickets for the Paris Metro.

I don't think you'll be able to use it for anything like that as its a pre paid card and they'll want something they can charge if you knack the car. Get a Starling card. Same thing as Revolut but it's a current account.

You can pretty much use Revolut as a current account too as it has a sort code and account number.
Petrol doesn't work anywhere.. I lear t that in france

It should work for petrol in the kiosk just not on the automatic machines (the ones you pay at the terminal rather than kiosk)

Last edited:
No it's not a credit card and is definitely a prepaid card.

Mastercard is just the brand for payment processing. You can get Mastercard credit cards, debit cards and pre-paid cards.

This and it tells you that on the card itself, on the back, bottom left corner in small white writing.

Mastercard is a scheme, same as Visa, running all sorts of card products.

Suddenly stopped working when on Hong Kong. Used in fine in loads of shops, atms and bars then just stopped. Customer services couldn’t help so ended up using current account for rest of holiday. Worked absolutely fine since then. Strange.

Got starling account recently as tend to withdraw more when on holiday so no fees on that

Just got one a few weeks ago and enjoying the app features at the moment. Hoping to really see the benefit when I go on holiday next week with no fees for cash withdrawals / card payments.

Me too, going to use it solely for the joint account feature with our lass for the shopping.

The app is pretty ugly though. Wish you could top up from within the app as well like Revolut. Guess it's deliberate as they are trying to replace your current account rather than supplement it.

I had no end of problems with mine. Glad I only loaded a few hundred onto it rather then all my spends for holiday. It refused to let me pay at kennedy with it and various restaurants and even the cash machine in the hotel. It allowed me to make a partial Payne t for my hire car tho but not the full amount even tho there was more than enough on it. It kept saying payment pending never ever again will I use it

Me too, going to use it solely for the joint account feature with our lass for the shopping.

The app is pretty ugly though. Wish you could top up from within the app as well like Revolut. Guess it's deliberate as they are trying to replace your current account rather than supplement it.

Yeah. At the moment I am thinking I'll open a Monzo account for that kind of thing and use Starling for holidays.

Ive just transfered money from my uk bank account in to my revolut account but the money has been showing as pending for hours. I thought it would be instant like transfers between uk. Anyone else had this problem or should i contact them

Ive just transfered money from my uk bank account in to my revolut account but the money has been showing as pending for hours. I thought it would be instant like transfers between uk. Anyone else had this problem or should i contact them
Mine worked pretty much instantly.

Back