Revamp the playoffs

Scrap it. It’s a money making exercise.
That might be true but I think they're great. Some seasons the top three are comfortably ahead of the others. Means that most teams have nowt to play for by about march at the latest. Looking at this season even Ipswich in 11th have an outside chance with 3 games to go. A lot of teams would be going years with absolutely nowt to interest them without the play offs, and they make for great entertainment. Not saying that makes them right of course, but it's a huge positive.

Scrap it. It’s a money making exercise.
This for me. I know it’s exciting (as long as you’re not in them!) but the best 3 should go up automatically. It favours teams hitting a bit of form at the end of the season rather than rewarding the team who has been more consistent across the whole season. And we’re shite in them as well....

Not necessarily - 6th place could be top of the form guide and third could be shocking, look at Sunderland. Over the course of a season yes but as mentioned maybe third place could be given choice of who they play so at least there is some advantage in being higher up the league.
Yes, over the course of the season, the 3rd best team will be the team that finishes 3. And they will play the 6th best team. Form has nowt to do with it.

They have an advantage in that they play the worst placed side. Third best vs 6th best, and the the middle two play each other. It's basic seeding. It couldn't be fairer.

But 6th place is not always the worst side, they could have had a poor start and brought in several key signings in January. It could be a completely different team to the one that started the season.

I think the team finishing 3rd should definitely have an advantage. They should be the automatic finalists.

6th should play 5th. The winner players 4th and then the winner from that game should play 3rd.

pleased you weren't making the rules when we murdered the mags in the 2nd leg a few years back,especially seeing as they were miles in front of us:lol:,twas bloody wonderful

League 1 is hugely about form at any particular moment. Teams can be brilliant for 3 months then utter shite for a while.

There won't be much between the 4 teams and its whoever is sorted at the time.

We appear not to be.

Presuming Blackpool and Charlton get in they will be favourites.

third and fourth bottom of the league above play third and fourth - think it may have been something like that at one point. Sunderland wil still balls it up just wondering what other opinions are - other than its just extra money out of the fans after paying for a season ticket already.
We did have something like that at one time and yes we ballsed it up

pleased you weren't making the rules when we murdered the mags in the 2nd leg a few years back,especially seeing as they were miles in front of us:lol:,twas bloody wonderful

Oh they are different rules if the mags are 3rd. In that event the mags have to play 6th 4 times, each game is 180 minutes long, no subs. 4th play 5th as normal and the winner of 3rd v 6th play the winner in the final, only they can choose to suspend 3 opposing team players of their pleasing.

Oh they are different rules if the mags are 3rd. In that event the mags have to play 6th 4 times, each game is 180 minutes long, no subs. 4th play 5th as normal and the winner of 3rd v 6th play the winner in the final, only they can choose to suspend 3 opposing team players of their pleasing.

really pleased you've seen the error of your ways,you had me worried there for a minit :lol:

Third straight to the final. 5th and 6th play an “eliminator”, then a “semi final” against 4th. Higher placed team at home

A la most T20 leagues
This is the correct answer, always think it works well in cricket, keeps the principle of keeping the season meaningful for a larger pool of teams but still gives incremental advantages to the teams that finish 3 and 4.

Back