Referee - again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referees in making mistakes shocker man. We are here every f***ing week. It's as clear as day to anyone with a ounce of common sense these decisions are not as basic as most people think. If these decisions are basic why does every referee in the world continue to get them wrong?

Which other clubs have the FA had to come out and apogise to for so many errors?

Which other clubs have the FA had to come out and apogise to for so many errors?

You are presenting a strawman because you cant answer the question so I'll ask again. If these decisions are so basic why does every referee in the world continue to get them wrong? Why has no refereeing organisation in the world not managed to train there officials so they dont make these errors?

Don’t think the ref did an awful lot wrong tbh. Penalty was the correct decision, as evidenced by onien not appealing for the penalty, can’t complain with the red and think most of the calls that people around were getting wound up by were fair enough. Gooch was stupid and gave the ref no choice to book him, doing basically the same foul a minute after already giving a free kick away from it. Only one he really got wrong was not booking their CB when Maguire nicked it off him after 15 mins orso

You are presenting a strawman because you cant answer the question so I'll ask again. If these decisions are so basic why does every referee in the world continue to get them wrong? Why has no refereeing organisation in the world not managed to train there officials so they dont make these errors?

No, I'm saying (as the OP is) that the standard of refereeing in this league is shocking. So bad the FA have to apologise for it. So bad we have players unconscious on the pitch with a serious head injury, and subsequently rushed to hospital in an ambulance, while the referee continues play because he doesn't know the rules.

You've agreed but have built your own straw man argument that nobody in any league in the world would make a different decision.

Don’t think the ref did an awful lot wrong tbh. Penalty was the correct decision, as evidenced by onien not appealing for the penalty, can’t complain with the red and think most of the calls that people around were getting wound up by were fair enough. Gooch was stupid and gave the ref no choice to book him, doing basically the same foul a minute after already giving a free kick away from it. Only one he really got wrong was not booking their CB when Maguire nicked it off him after 15 mins orso

Disagree mate it was a blatant pen on O'nien whether he appealed or not, in fact appealing for it is irrelevant and actually quite difficult when fouled and sent sprawling in the penalty box.

As for Gooch yeah fair enough you could give him a yellow for accumulation of silly fouls but if the ref was being consistent than 3/4 of their lot would also have received cards, fact is he was guessing half the time and was shocking throughout the game......in my opinion of course

Disagree mate it was a blatant pen on O'nien whether he appealed or not, in fact appealing for it is irrelevant and actually quite difficult when fouled and sent sprawling in the penalty box.

As for Gooch yeah fair enough you could give him a yellow for accumulation of silly fouls but if the ref was being consistent than 3/4 of their lot would also have received cards, fact is he was guessing half the time and was shocking throughout the game......in my opinion of course

We know Onien by now, he’d have been the first man to have a go at the ref if he thought it was genuinely a penalty.

each to their own....this appealing for a pen/not appealing for a pen being used as some kind of justification for the decision is not for me

It isn’t justification as I don’t think it was a penalty either. Their man clearly gets a toe on the ball on replay. But the player reactions tell a story of their own

It’s easy to accuse football fans of blaming the ref when the result doesn’t go our way, however, today we’ve won 3-0 and I am still saying that he was one of the worst refs around. Absolutely shocking decision making. Surely the football league have to do something about the standard of refereeing. We’ve seen it for two seasons now, league 1 refs are an absolute joke.
He booked one of theirs when he clearly won the ball

Their manager is a clown. He tried to get into the ref’s head pre-game with his comments about needing a strong ref etc. and it nearly worked. The ref quite clearly was trying to show that he wasn’t going to be swayed by a large crowd, to the extent that he looked like he was giving us nothing.

And then proceeded to give us everything second half...

Haway man, you can't have it both ways. By all means say the referee was shite, but the big decisions in the second half went our way. If the ref's got the decisions right he should be praised, if he's got them wrong, then his mistakes have benefitted us, not gone against us.

Looked definite red mara. He deliberately kicked out at him.

Watched the replay still couldn't see any contact , Maguire made an absolute meal of it . The way he went down you would have thought he that been hit by a double decker bus .
If the boot had been on the other foot we would have had a topic with 200 pages 😃😃

When are folk going to realise what's staring them in the face? Its obviously a very difficult job hence why the best officials in the country still have poor games and get many things wrong
The bairn spent 5 years moaning at refereeing decisions while he was standing between the sticks. He did his refs course to make some “easy” money and came off shell shocked after his first match in charge. he hasn’t moaned at a ref since :lol:
Watched the replay still couldn't see any contact , Maguire made an absolute meal of it . The way he went down you would have thought he that been hit by a double decker bus .
If the boot had been on the other foot we would have had a topic with 200 pages 😃😃
I hate us resorting to it but I’m bored of being on the receiving end of it, if over reacting shithousery is required for an edge that may get us promoted then so be it. No one else gives a fuck.

Last edited:
When are folk going to realise what's staring them in the face? Its obviously a very difficult job hence why the best officials in the country still have poor games and get many things wrong
‘He wasn’t that bad the best refs are shit too’

They need a complete overhaul of training the current reffing standards are unacceptable throughout the leagues including VAR

Red card all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back