Referee - again!

When are folk going to realise what's staring them in the face? Its obviously a very difficult job hence why the best officials in the country still have poor games and get many things wrong

That's no excuse for the shit we are served up each week. They are paid to do a job. An off week is fine, but its utter incompetence every f***ing week man.

Stop trying to defend the indefensible.

‘He wasn’t that bad the best refs are shit too’

They need a complete overhaul of training the current reffing standards are unacceptable throughout the leagues including VAR
Who will train them when the best still fall way short?
The main problem with modern football, especially at the highest level is every decision they make is obscenely scrutinised by stills from multiple camera angles and computer technology used by twats sitting in the comfort of a sky studio.
No human can compete with that man, so unless we go back to the good old days of one camera on the halfway line recording highlights and accept mistakes are made, it’s minutes of waiting for var refs to determine the outcome of every key decision ruining the spontaneity.
Personally I’d like to go back to the days of shit decisions, one camera and chanting “who’s the bastards in the black” after what we perceive as a shit call but hey ho.

When are folk going to realise what's staring them in the face? Its obviously a very difficult job hence why the best officials in the country still have poor games and get many things wrong
It’s life and death on a Sunday morning in the park, never mind when there are millions of pounds involved.

It’s easy to accuse football fans of blaming the ref when the result doesn’t go our way, however, today we’ve won 3-0 and I am still saying that he was one of the worst refs around. Absolutely shocking decision making. Surely the football league have to do something about the standard of refereeing. We’ve seen it for two seasons now, league 1 refs are an absolute joke.

They won't as what you are watching is the best that is coming through. Put it down to the County FA's fast tracking of kids who take up refereeing at 16 in youth football without having played the game first. Put it down also to the abuse referees get in the parks which put so many off following it as a job, the lack of any fast track programme for ex-pros to complement what is coming through, the crap they get in the pro-game - e.g. the Gosling nonsense and the idiot managing Bristol Rovers today and his pre-and post-match comments. Then there's the farce that is VAR.Who but some nerd would want to do the job these days.

Red card all day long.

Fair play to you being at the game ,envy you . However sometimes depending where you are seated , things that happen very quickly ,appear different when you see them replayed . The penalty for instance looked a stone cold certainty, yet some are saying their player got the ball . Certainly didn't look like that to me .

It’s easy to accuse football fans of blaming the ref when the result doesn’t go our way, however, today we’ve won 3-0 and I am still saying that he was one of the worst refs around. Absolutely shocking decision making. Surely the football league have to do something about the standard of refereeing. We’ve seen it for two seasons now, league 1 refs are an absolute joke.

no use complaining to the league.

they’ve Ben Toner deaf.

Fair play to you being at the game ,envy you . However sometimes depending where you are seated , things that happen very quickly ,appear different when you see them replayed . The penalty for instance looked a stone cold certainty, yet some are saying their player got the ball . Certainly didn't look like that to me .
In the East stand mate.More or less right in front of us. Nailed on red couldn’t believe he did what he did. Penalty shout looked like a penalty but a bit to far away to say I’m sure.

Garbage. Stonewall penalty, Wyke getting nowt all game yet again, giving fouls for two players attempting to win headers. Absolute rubbish.
Wyke as per usual went in with his elbow high - and was quite rightly penalised for it.
The trouble is with some of our fans is that they are blinkered and cannot or won't see what offences we commit.

The linesman need shot with shit, the blatant pen on O'Nien was 10 yards in front of the linesman, it wasn't even a corner FFS.
As bad as the refs are in this league, the linesman are so much worse. They really don't help the refs out at all. I'm not sure whether it's a league wide rule that the EFL don't want assistants to make decisions, only focusing on offsides and throw ins but it's honestly laughable.

Wyke as per usual went in with his elbow high - and was quite rightly penalised for it.
The trouble is with some of our fans is that they are blinkered and cannot or won't see what offences we commit.
He’s not going in with his elbows when his shirt is being dragged all over the shop. He gets fouled more times than he commits them, he just doesn’t get the ones on him.

He’s not going in with his elbows when his shirt is being dragged all over the shop. He gets fouled more times than he commits them, he just doesn’t get the ones on him.
He went up for the ball with his elbow up marra - in the centre circle.
And he has always gone in/backed into defenders with his elbow raised. The refs will see this, and not the pushing on him from the defender.
Watch him on Tuesday.

He went up for the ball with his elbow up marra - in the centre circle.
And he has always gone in/backed into defenders with his elbow raised. The refs will see this, and not the pushing on him from the defender.
Watch him on Tuesday.
Mate, people elevate their arms when they jump, it’s just a part of the game. Defenders put their elbow in his face and that’s not my complaint? When they’re pushing him forward, grabbing his shirt, jumping over him when the ball is at chest level, he is being fouled. He does foul, but he gets fouled more than he dishes it out.

Back