Referee - again!

Shouldn’t have had a red?!?
Are you having a laugh?
Fair enough McGuire blocked him off, but he lashed out and viscously kicked McGuire.

Is viscously a new verb for thick consistency?

Kicked with a thick consistency.
Refs have never been so highly trained yet they still make mistakes. Can you name me a league in the world or indeed a referee who doesn't make a number of mistakes through a season?

No I did not. It was a ridiculous question. Its blatantly obvious refs in higher leagues are better officials

So you agree with the OP then?

It’s easy to accuse football fans of blaming the ref when the result doesn’t go our way, however, today we’ve won 3-0 and I am still saying that he was one of the worst refs around. Absolutely shocking decision making. Surely the football league have to do something about the standard of refereeing. We’ve seen it for two seasons now, league 1 refs are an absolute joke.

yes... how much are they paid... ?

Do something. In any line of work there has to be performance management system or process.

Invest in training for referees.

Implement a system where assessors review performances with the referees and improve the standard / consistency. Off the top of my head.

even league 1 is a multi million pound business, we have amateur officials.
Yep, that’s right, they are amateurs. Controlling what are generally 22 cheats. This thread comes out every week. I’ve been watching footy since the mid 70’s and you know what, I’ve heard people twisting about refs since the mid 70’s.

What would you class as a bad official?

Bearing in mind we've had a public apology, and nunerous rescinded red cards, for just that?

If you look throughout the world every single team gets a number of bad calls against them. No matter what league, what country it happens. Is that down every single official ever being bad of the job being to difficult? Why has no system throughout the world produced officials that dont make many mistakes?

The refs are horrendous, but by and large the players at this level are horrendous too. As are the managers. As are the shit stadiums. It's a horrendous league. It stands to reason the further you drop from the top of the tree the worse the standard will get. Considering some of the baffling VAR calls today from supposedly the best in the business, it's absolutely no surprise that the officiating is barely competent once you fall two leagues further down.

If you look throughout the world every single team gets a number of bad calls against them. No matter what league, what country it happens. Is that down every single official ever being bad of the job being to difficult? Why has no system throughout the world produced officials that dont make many mistakes?

No one is expecting them to get every decison right. Basic ones people with no refereeing experience, with a worse view, with less support to come to the right decison would be an improvement.

The standard in this league is consistently abysmal. It isn't just the odd decision.

No one is expecting them to get every decison right. Basic ones people with no refereeing experience, with a worse view, with less support to come to the right decison would be an improvement.

The standard in this league is consistently abysmal. It isn't just the odd decision.

So if these refs are getting these 'basic' decisions wrong week in week out does it not tell you they are not as basic decisions as you think they are?

So those people in the stands would get all these 'basic' decisions correct?

They have done. Many times.

The FA are having to publicly apologise for getting these decisions wrong. People in the stands were calling them right.

Look at O'Niens rescinded red
Look at Pompey being allowed to play on with Lynch unconscious on the floor.
Look at Flanagans disallowed goal.
Look at what should been a penalty today.

Off the top of my head.

I get offsides being called wrong but referrees not knowing the rules surrounding players lying unconscious on the floor with a serious head injury is as basic as you will get.

They have done. Many times.

The FA are having to publicly apologise for getting these decisions wrong. People in the stands were calling them right.

Look at O'Niens rescinded red
Look at Pompey being allowed to play on with Lynch unconscious on the floor.
Look at Flanagans disallowed goal.
Look at what should been a penalty today.

Off the top of my head.

I get offsides being called wrong but referrees not knowing the rules surrounding players lying unconscious on the floor with a serious head injury is as basic as you will get.

Referees in making mistakes shocker man. We are here every f***ing week. It's as clear as day to anyone with a ounce of common sense these decisions are not as basic as most people think. If these decisions are basic why does every referee in the world continue to get them wrong?

Back