Referee - again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garner on the referee
The Gas boss was furious with the performance of referee Ben Toner.

Garner on the red card
Abu Ogogo was sent off for lashing out at Chris Maguire in the 59th minute.

Garner's press conference
Ben Garner has spoken to the press after the 3-0 defeat.

What does "absolutely fathomed" mean?

It’s easy to accuse football fans of blaming the ref when the result doesn’t go our way, however, today we’ve won 3-0 and I am still saying that he was one of the worst refs around. Absolutely shocking decision making. Surely the football league have to do something about the standard of refereeing. We’ve seen it for two seasons now, league 1 refs are an absolute joke.
What do you want the authorities to do about it? I assume they have a scoring system and we are being allocated the refs deemed 3rd best?

The best thing if it all is that the players are not giving up and letting it get to them, like it did at times last season

we still have a recognition by the official ref association that they robbed safc of four points. Who knows those blind eyes maybe in our favour during the run in

It wasnt a penalty, the ref got it spot on.
I sit in line with where it happened in the West Stand. Their player clearly got the ball and from the side rather than behind.

Most other decisions were absolutely baffling for both teams though. I think, in fairness, the game should have been stopped because of the head injuries.

When are folk going to realise what's staring them in the face? Its obviously a very difficult job hence why the best officials in the country still have poor games and get many things wrong
I wouldn’t expect you to see it any other way.

The fact that you refuse to criticise that ref’s performance today says it all really. What happens is it dilutes your credibility when you come to the defence of referees that deserve your support.

Garner on the referee
The Gas boss was furious with the performance of referee Ben Toner.

Garner on the red card
Abu Ogogo was sent off for lashing out at Chris Maguire in the 59th minute.

Garner's press conference
Ben Garner has spoken to the press after the 3-0 defeat.
so he was happy whilst the ref gave them everything

It wasnt a penalty, the ref got it spot on.
I sit in line with where it happened in the West Stand. Their player clearly got the ball and from the side rather than behind.

Most other decisions were absolutely baffling for both teams though. I think, in fairness, the game should have been stopped because of the head injuries.

So how come the ball carried on moving in the same direction that O'Nien had kicked it?

When are folk going to realise what's staring them in the face? Its obviously a very difficult job hence why the best officials in the country still have poor games and get many things wrong

I know you like to defend the refs as to be fair and understanding to them. However todays performance by the ref was atrocious. yet you have to be right as he had a poor game and got many things wrong.
As a professional though, he has another 2 perhaps 3 pairs of eyes and he should not of got things so wrong

What do you want the authorities to do about it? I assume they have a scoring system and we are being allocated the refs deemed 3rd best?
Do something. In any line of work there has to be performance management system or process.

Invest in training for referees.

Implement a system where assessors review performances with the referees and improve the standard / consistency. Off the top of my head.

even league 1 is a multi million pound business, we have amateur officials.

Do something. In any line of work there has to be performance management system or process.

Invest in training for referees.

Implement a system where assessors review performances with the referees and improve the standard / consistency. Off the top of my head.

even league 1 is a multi million pound business, we have amateur officials.

Refs have never been so highly trained yet they still make mistakes. Can you name me a league in the world or indeed a referee who doesn't make a number of mistakes through a season?
You avoided the question.

No I did not. It was a ridiculous question. Its blatantly obvious refs in higher leagues are better officials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back