Referee - again!

It’s easy to accuse football fans of blaming the ref when the result doesn’t go our way, however, today we’ve won 3-0 and I am still saying that he was one of the worst refs around. Absolutely shocking decision making. Surely the football league have to do something about the standard of refereeing. We’ve seen it for two seasons now, league 1 refs are an absolute joke.

Garner on the referee
The Gas boss was furious with the performance of referee Ben Toner.

We needed a strong referee. I thought he was very, very good first half and then second half he just wilted under the pressure unfortunately.
Garner on the red card
Abu Ogogo was sent off for lashing out at Chris Maguire in the 59th minute.

I haven’t seen it back. At the time it looked like a clash. I don’t know whether Abs has kicked out. That’s what he (the referee) said he did.
I haven’t seen it back as yet, so I’ll have a look and see, but the referee said he kicked out at him.
Garner's press conference
Ben Garner has spoken to the press after the 3-0 defeat.

Unfortunately the red card turns the game. The second goal, I’m absolutely fathomed by because the ref told me it wasn’t a clash of heads.
I’ve asked for an apology once he’s seen it back, because it is a very clear clash of heads. The game should stop right away.
He’s booked me for saying it’s a clash of heads.

Last edited:
Their manager is a clown. He tried to get into the ref’s head pre-game with his comments about needing a strong ref etc. and it nearly worked. The ref quite clearly was trying to show that he wasn’t going to be swayed by a large crowd, to the extent that he looked like he was giving us nothing.

Thought we should have had two. There was a hell of a handball shout. The onein decision looked ridiculous though and thought the red was very harsh

The handball one when there was a bit of scramble and blocked on the line? Couldn't see that properly but the O'Nien foul looked as blatent as you will see. The ball even kept going in thr direction O'Nien was running.

Garner on the referee
The Gas boss was furious with the performance of referee Ben Toner.

Garner on the red card
Abu Ogogo was sent off for lashing out at Chris Maguire in the 59th minute.

Garner's press conference
Ben Garner has spoken to the press after the 3-0 defeat.
Very good first half? What, because he didn’t give a blatant penalty against his team?

He can fuck off. Hope he gets sacked soonish. Arsehole.

Back