Red Dead 2 - No Spoilers

Quality game. I didn't finish it like. So many games these days are just too big and I get fatigued before I finish them.
Do yourself a favour, and at least just mainline the story. Its brilliant
Is it a bit of a slow starter then get some freedom as its a bit scripted for a sandbox?
Yeah, by chapter 3 its very much open world.
Ah good. Buttons are confusing as fuck
Yeah, took me a while to get into the controls tbh. Learning how dead eye works is one big thing - oh, and dead eye itself changes as the game goes along - certain moments in the game it gets enhanced automatically.

Last edited:
Went back and watched some of Arthur’s best moments on YouTube. I’d forgot what a masterpiece this is. Arthur is the best protagonist in any game I’ve ever played.

Feel like starting it again but don’t know if I can be arsed with such a massive open world atm. Especially one I’ve explored before.

Far too many games now are massive open world adventures. Even Halo and Gears. Sometimes I’d just like to pick up a game which has linear levels I can blast through.

Went back and watched some of Arthur’s best moments on YouTube. I’d forgot what a masterpiece this is. Arthur is the best protagonist in any game I’ve ever played.

Feel like starting it again but don’t know if I can be arsed with such a massive open world atm. Especially one I’ve explored before.

Far too many games now are massive open world adventures. Even Halo and Gears. Sometimes I’d just like to pick up a game which has linear levels I can blast through.
Arthur's story is class and the musical interludes in the lead up to big moments really set the tone, surprised it's not been picked up by Netflix or something with how popular game to tv shows are right now.

Arthur's story is class and the musical interludes in the lead up to big moments really set the tone, surprised it's not been picked up by Netflix or something with how popular game to tv shows are right now.
I often think of that amazing shot where you're on the horse riding down the really long path with the trees over it down to house they stay in during chapter 3 I think it is. Pure cinema

Is it a bit of a slow starter then get some freedom as its a bit scripted for a sandbox?

Despite the story taking 30+ hours alone iirc (without any sidequests or f***ing about), I think I've completed it 3 or 4 times and still found loads of new things within the world each time. Each new thing seems to have it's own massive back story too. I reckon you could easily be on it for hours on end without doing any story missions/side quests and yet still feel like you've accomplished something.

A great game like no other.

Anyone got into the mods on this game?

I tried some and they didn't work. I'd happily play through again if there were some significant changes to enjoy. I wouldn't fancy all the find/fetch missions though, like collecting a billion flowers that only bloom once a day etc. (or feathers, you know what I mean)

My 12 yr old son just getting into this now, couple of questions as hes buggin me to buy 'gold bars';
- assume its a bit of a con/rip off - does it actually help in the game?
- theres you tube vids of gold bar glitches - are these legit?

If I do succumb and buy him them, what best use of them?

Thanks for any help, ive just never really played this.

Nee idea what gold bars are unless it’s an online thing?

In game the currency works quite well and you can find most of the best stuff, YouTube etc has guides to that sort of thing.

My 12 yr old son just getting into this now, couple of questions as hes buggin me to buy 'gold bars';
- assume its a bit of a con/rip off - does it actually help in the game?
- theres you tube vids of gold bar glitches - are these legit?

If I do succumb and buy him them, what best use of them?

Thanks for any help, ive just never really played this.

Are you playing online or the story? If the latter, there was to be a gold bar glitch in an abandoned town next to your first camp where if I recall correctly you could stack 30 of them then sell them to a fence for 500 coin a piece. Think it got patched out quite early on though. I used it once and then afterwards installed updates, benefits of having a disc copy. Allowed me to get all available guns and other stuff from shops.

To be fair though, throughout the storyline you get more than enough gold anyways I’d say. Was just greed and wanting everything all at once.

If online, I’m not sure. Never played it.

Are you playing online or the story? If the latter, there was to be a gold bar glitch in an abandoned town next to your first camp where if I recall correctly you could stack 30 of them then sell them to a fence for 500 coin a piece. Think it got patched out quite early on though. I used it once and then afterwards installed updates, benefits of having a disc copy. Allowed me to get all available guns and other stuff from shops.

To be fair though, throughout the storyline you get more than enough gold anyways I’d say. Was just greed and wanting everything all at once.

If online, I’m not sure. Never played it.
I think he's online then - just dont want him (or me I should say) wasting actual money buying crap that you dont really need to play the game

He was doing my head in while I was trying to watch the match last night so ive promised him we will sort it tonight :neutral:

Back