Red Dead 2 - No Spoilers

Started my second playthrough and im up to chapter 3 now. It truly is a stunning game, spending time in the big plantations is jaw dropping at times.

But I can see the deficiencies in gameplay that people talk about now. I think this is highlighted more if you focus on storyline.

The other day I dropped the main missions for a few hours, rode back up to Valentine, and spent 2 days in the hotel, bought clothes, gambled and drank before heading to Strawberry for a side mission. It was excellent. Just going where I wanted and having a break from camp was like a holiday. Same goes if you head into the mountains hunting, fishing or just exploring. When you slow the pace down is where this becomes a contender for best game ever
I need to try this game again like, couldnt get into it at all first time about 2/3yrs ago.
I have always loved the Fallouts (skyrim less so, but did enjoy oblivion) - so this does seem like the next step!

I need to try this game again like, couldnt get into it at all first time about 2/3yrs ago.
I have always loved the Fallouts (skyrim less so, but did enjoy oblivion) - so this does seem like the next step!
It is definitely heavy on cinematics and theming, over actual game play. but its on purpose. once you realise you are almost watching the story unfold, as opposed to effecting it, the game makes more sense.

like I said if you fancy a more gameplay heavy session, head out with no aim, goal or mission. no checklist or item search

Started my second playthrough and im up to chapter 3 now. It truly is a stunning game, spending time in the big plantations is jaw dropping at times.

But I can see the deficiencies in gameplay that people talk about now. I think this is highlighted more if you focus on storyline.

The other day I dropped the main missions for a few hours, rode back up to Valentine, and spent 2 days in the hotel, bought clothes, gambled and drank before heading to Strawberry for a side mission. It was excellent. Just going where I wanted and having a break from camp was like a holiday. Same goes if you head into the mountains hunting, fishing or just exploring. When you slow the pace down is where this becomes a contender for best game ever
Yeah the story line isn't as strong as I would have liked, and for a great leader of men, Dutch is an idiot. I love going off and not touch the story and just enjoying the game collecting fossils, or rock carvings or finding all the gold bars. It's a great game to be fair and given the lack of anything new worth playing out there a good place to escape to for a few hours here and there.

Been thinking about reinstalling and playing again. Problem I always find is I end up getting sidetracked so easily. I’ll be riding to a mission or to hunt one of the rare animals and I’ll just think “what are you looking at you mug” about one of the thousands of innocent people walking along the road and I’ll start fighting with them and getting chased by the police for the best part of an hour :lol:

Been thinking about reinstalling and playing again. Problem I always find is I end up getting sidetracked so easily. I’ll be riding to a mission or to hunt one of the rare animals and I’ll just think “what are you looking at you mug” about one of the thousands of innocent people walking along the road and I’ll start fighting with them and getting chased by the police for the best part of an hour :lol:

I think that's the point. Get lost in the world.
Yeah the story line isn't as strong as I would have liked, and for a great leader of men, Dutch is an idiot. I love going off and not touch the story and just enjoying the game collecting fossils, or rock carvings or finding all the gold bars. It's a great game to be fair and given the lack of anything new worth playing out there a good place to escape to for a few hours here and there.
Knocking about the camp just listening to the conversations going on was a great way to waste time.

Last edited:
I never really warmed to him if I’m honest.
got to laugh, I didn't post this earlier, but now it seems more useful to do so:

"Arthur is the greatest protagonist in a game ever IMO. Superb character and game."
>I think that's because you get to take the decisions. Who Arthur is, is a reflection on the player.

:lol:

got to laugh, I didn't post this earlier, but now it seems more useful to do so:

"Arthur is the greatest protagonist in a game ever IMO. Superb character and game."
>I think that's because you get to take the decisions. Who Arthur is, is a reflection on the player.

:lol:
I did have that in my mind as he certainly mellowed out somewhat due to my gameplay. Unfortunately his rudeness/abrasiveness early on left its mark :lol:

Back