Reasons why Leicester will plummet next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won the league last season. By ten points.

They could get relegated next season and still die happy.
Total myth IMO. Football fans, especially supporters of teams like Leicester are much more fickle these days. I can't remember he exact game last season so I won't say it's fact, but I'm sure they were acting like spoilt kids, moaning and groaning for being 1-2 behind to West Ham. They also had a right winge on at only being 1-0 against Newcastle for most of the game.

If they limp on next season and the results are not as good, they'll turn poisonous next season I have no doubt about that.

Now is the time for vardy, mahrez ad kante to further their careers and improve their bank balances at bigger clubs with European pedigree. Now is the time for Ranieri to walk away at the top of the tree. Now is the time for Leicester fans to stop dreaming.

It can only go one way and thats down. It's going to be very difficult with the extra games, raised expectations plus the weight of heavy tag that comes with being champions. Will the players be as hungry next season? I don't think so. They'll be a scalp everyone will want to take.

Add to that the loss of their best players (due to ridiculous clauses) The new players they replace them with will be on much more money than the likes of huth and Albrighton which isn't good for team spirit.

They've also lost the element of surprise. Teams have had a full summer to look at why and how they were the best team in England last season. From day one they'll be paid much more respect. Last year they weren't taken seriously till far too late.

If they think they'll be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat and continue to find top class players for peanuts then they're taking a big risk. If they don't and sign big money players from abroad then like I say, it'll be tricky to keep the special team spirit when they're on more than players who won them the league. Plus almost inevitably they'll take time to adapt.

Its a unique situation, normally the league winners can cherry pick players from domestic teams who finished just outside top 4 but no way they'll be able to attract quality players from man United or Liverpool.

In addition to all of the above, the traditional big boys are very likely to come on leaps and bounds. World class managers and monsterous transfer budgets will ensure they dominate once again.

Football fans and the media have enjoyed the rise of Leicester city and I suspect they'll enjoy the fall just as much.
Smashin

Total myth IMO. Football fans, especially supporters of teams like Leicester are much more fickle these days. I can't remember he exact game last season so I won't say it's fact, but I'm sure they were acting like spoilt kids, moaning and groaning for being 1-2 behind to West Ham. They also had a right winge on at only being 1-0 against Newcastle for most of the game.

If they limp on next season and the results are not as good, they'll turn poisonous next season I have no doubt about that.
Another reason why I say in the OP now is the time to leave.
It could get nasty if things don't go well.

A lot of ex pats are knowledgeable and talk sense but it seems you are out of touch with English football. Maybe the sun has gone to your head, or possibly the piss poor beer you drink out there?

Leicester winning the league isn't good for Sunderland. Sunderland winning the league is good for Sunderland. I enjoyed the foxes counter attacking play and admire their consistency. Hands down the best team. Like I've said, its beyond my wildest dreams to have a team do that. On that basis, Why should I want them to win it again?

I don't have an agenda against the top teams. If man city spend big, get some world class players and win it with a swagger I will enjoy watching it (except of course when its us they beat)

Open your eyes and read the OP. Its as good as it geta for Leicester and the only way is down.
I wasn't responding to the OP, but your preference to seeing a big team win it over a smaller team. You don't seem to be able to respond to this point as it is frankly bizarre, given that you claim to be a Sunderland supporter. The fact that you're waxing lyrical about the quality of Leicester last year only weakens your argument. If you'd slated them as a long-ball team who were awful to watch then you'd have had a better defence. You chuck out analogies and when they're turned back on you you ignore the point being made. You're weak.

Finally, the rant about me and where I live make you look desperate and sad. They're a smokescreen for you lack of reply to the points raised, except only people who are a little thick will be fooled.

We'll see.

Eh?
He said you're speculating - you are.
You may turn out right, you may be wrong, time will tell.
But it isn't reality.
Reality is Leicester are champions and will defend their title next season. How (un)successful they'll be is speculation.

I wasn't responding to the OP, but your preference to seeing a big team win it over a smaller team. You don't seem to be able to respond to this point as it is frankly bizarre, given that you claim to be a Sunderland supporter. The fact that you're waxing lyrical about the quality of Leicester last year only weakens your argument. If you'd slated them as a long-ball team who were awful to watch then you'd have had a better defence. You chuck out analogies and when they're turned back on you you ignore the point being made. You're weak.

Finally, the rant about me and where I live make you look desperate and sad. They're a smokescreen for you lack of reply to the points raised, except only people who are a little thick will be fooled.
I'd like to see Sunderland win the league first and foremost. Unfortunately it won't even happen in my dreams. Its sending you crazy the suggestion that I'd want a big team to win it over a small team. I'm not particularly bothered, its not Sunderland. My main points were in the OP. You seem to have ignored them.

I wouldn't go as far to say that I wax lyrical about Leicester last season. They fully deserved it but don't compare to previous winners like Arsenal invincibles or Fergies man United. The point I made about someone like guadiola winning it with a swagger, nothing wrong with that. I don't have an agenda against big teams. I admire good football no matter whether it comes from man United or afc Wimbledon.

Apologies for the comments about where you live and all that.

I'd like to see Sunderland win the league first and foremost. Unfortunately it won't even happen in my dreams. Its sending you crazy the suggestion that I'd want a big team to win it over a small team. I'm not particularly bothered, its not Sunderland. My main points were in the OP. You seem to have ignored them.

I wouldn't go as far to say that I wax lyrical about Leicester last season. They fully deserved it but don't compare to previous winners like Arsenal invincibles or Fergies man United. The point I made about someone like guadiola winning it with a swagger, nothing wrong with that. I don't have an agenda against big teams. I admire good football no matter whether it comes from man United or afc Wimbledon.

Apologies for the comments about where you live and all that.
Apology accepted, everyone makes mistakes.

I did ignore the OP points as I'm frankly not that interested in Leicester. If you took the time to read my comments they were regarding subsequent comments you were making. You clearly want to see bigger teams win over teams with less financial clout, and that's fair enough as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It doesn't drive me crazy at all, I simply think it is a queer mentality for a Sunderland supporter to have adopted, given that our team don't have the financial clout of the Man Cities of this world. If you can't take hope from Leicester winning in the circumstances they did last year then I can't help you, especially as you state that you cannot even dream of Sunderland winning the league. I choose to use the Leicester win as proof that a good team can win against teams of better individuals, and therefore we do have a chance. Each to their own

Now is the time for vardy, mahrez ad kante to further their careers and improve their bank balances at bigger clubs with European pedigree. Now is the time for Ranieri to walk away at the top of the tree. Now is the time for Leicester fans to stop dreaming.

It can only go one way and thats down. It's going to be very difficult with the extra games, raised expectations plus the weight of heavy tag that comes with being champions. Will the players be as hungry next season? I don't think so. They'll be a scalp everyone will want to take.

Add to that the loss of their best players (due to ridiculous clauses) The new players they replace them with will be on much more money than the likes of huth and Albrighton which isn't good for team spirit.

They've also lost the element of surprise. Teams have had a full summer to look at why and how they were the best team in England last season. From day one they'll be paid much more respect. Last year they weren't taken seriously till far too late.

If they think they'll be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat and continue to find top class players for peanuts then they're taking a big risk. If they don't and sign big money players from abroad then like I say, it'll be tricky to keep the special team spirit when they're on more than players who won them the league. Plus almost inevitably they'll take time to adapt.

Its a unique situation, normally the league winners can cherry pick players from domestic teams who finished just outside top 4 but no way they'll be able to attract quality players from man United or Liverpool.

In addition to all of the above, the traditional big boys are very likely to come on leaps and bounds. World class managers and monsterous transfer budgets will ensure they dominate once again.

Football fans and the media have enjoyed the rise of Leicester city and I suspect they'll enjoy the fall just as much.

Why?

Some people bitter about, I just don't get it.

Some of the signings aren't even complete and it's not like they won't look to replace/sign other players. Especially with the money they will receive and like overpaid by other purchasing clubs.

shite club, traditionally second tier, shite fans with balloons and clackers, once their few decent players have fucked off they'll sharp plummet and the bored fishwives of leicestershire will go back to whatever they done on a saturday afternoon before.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back