Reasons why Leicester will plummet next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatopreto

Winger
Now is the time for vardy, mahrez ad kante to further their careers and improve their bank balances at bigger clubs with European pedigree. Now is the time for Ranieri to walk away at the top of the tree. Now is the time for Leicester fans to stop dreaming.

It can only go one way and thats down. It's going to be very difficult with the extra games, raised expectations plus the weight of heavy tag that comes with being champions. Will the players be as hungry next season? I don't think so. They'll be a scalp everyone will want to take.

Add to that the loss of their best players (due to ridiculous clauses) The new players they replace them with will be on much more money than the likes of huth and Albrighton which isn't good for team spirit.

They've also lost the element of surprise. Teams have had a full summer to look at why and how they were the best team in England last season. From day one they'll be paid much more respect. Last year they weren't taken seriously till far too late.

If they think they'll be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat and continue to find top class players for peanuts then they're taking a big risk. If they don't and sign big money players from abroad then like I say, it'll be tricky to keep the special team spirit when they're on more than players who won them the league. Plus almost inevitably they'll take time to adapt.

Its a unique situation, normally the league winners can cherry pick players from domestic teams who finished just outside top 4 but no way they'll be able to attract quality players from man United or Liverpool.

In addition to all of the above, the traditional big boys are very likely to come on leaps and bounds. World class managers and monsterous transfer budgets will ensure they dominate once again.

Football fans and the media have enjoyed the rise of Leicester city and I suspect they'll enjoy the fall just as much.

It's ashame they're losing their players. Would be good to see how they'd do in the champions league. It's great to see a smaller team sticking it to the money boys but obviously the money boys can just throw money at players to protect themselves.

They weren't even lucky last season they were purely the best team and the numbers show that.

Everyone thought Southampton would plummet after their decent season - hired Koeman and bought well, finished higher (yes, I know Leicester can't). Wouldn't write them off, but if they buy players who gel well, no reason they can't stick around up there.

It's ashame they're losing their players. Would be good to see how they'd do in the champions league.

They weren't even lucky last season they were purely the best team and the numbers show that.

Statistically they shouldn't have been anyway near the top of the league. But stats are not points so fair play to them. I do agree with the op though I think they will struggle next season, if you call mid table a struggle that is.

Everyone thought Southampton would plummet after their decent season - hired Koeman and bought well, finished higher (yes, I know Leicester can't). Wouldn't write them off, but if they buy players who gel well, no reason they can't stick around up there.
Not if they lose the players it looks like. They need to improve the squad just to finish top 4 next season.

Got to be an East Midlands envy thing this.
Just can't work out wether the OP is Derby or Forest :lol:
I'm red and white through and through mate. No East Midlands connection at all.

Statistically they shouldn't have been anyway near the top of the league. But stats are not points so fair play to them. I do agree with the op though I think they will struggle next season, if you call mid table a struggle that is.

Lost 3 games, second place lost 7.

Were only behind for something stupid like 60 minutes from January till the end of the season. Scored 68 goals (Arsenal scored 65 in second). Stood up in their big games - went to the Etihad and won 3-1 ffs!

They were the best team by miles last season. Winning the league by 10 points shows that aswell.

Why would football fans enjoy their fall? I personally hope we get 6 points off them, knock them out of any cups if we are drawn against them and finish higher than them but other than that I don't really care

I wouldn't say I would revel in it, I have enough worries with Sunderland.
But it would raise a smile if they struggled.
I think it'll more likely be mid table, which is still a plummet down the league.
A bit like finding out your neighbour who won the lottery and was throwing parties every night is now in rehab.

Lost 3 games, second place lost 7.

Were only behind for something stupid like 60 minutes from January till the end of the season. Scored 68 goals (Arsenal scored 65 in second). Stood up in their big games - went to the Etihad and won 3-1 ffs!

They were the best team by miles last season. Winning the league by 10 points shows that aswell.
My OP doesn't dispute they were the best team last season. But thats gone now. What about next season?

My OP doesn't dispute they were the best team last season. But thats gone now. What about next season?

I was replying to the comment that said statistically they shouldn't have been anywhere near the top.

I wouldn't say I woukd revel in it, I have enough worries with Sunderland.
But it would raise a smile.
A bit like finding out your neighbour who won the lottery and was throwing parties every night is now in rehab.

Each to their own like but I'd rather Leicester win the league again than Chelsea, Man City etc

Which statistics would you be using to determine that? I can't fathom it out, they deserved to win the league last year and all meaningful statistics show that

Stupid f***ing Leicester, thinking they're class by winning the league. Thick bastards will be regretting once they plummet down to 10th this season, then there'll feel stupid.

Much better to muddle along always in mid-table or relegation fights, then you can't plummet down the league. They're going to feel like right mugs.

Each to their own like but I'd rather Leicester win the league again than Chelsea, Man City etc

Which statistics would you be using to determine that? I can't fathom it out, they deserved to win the league last year and all meaningful statistics show that
Nobody can dispute they were the best team in the league in almost every area. They fully deserved to win it.

They were 5000/1 so before it kicked off so on that basis maybe thats what he was referring to.

But last season is gone, the thread is about 2016/17.

Stupid f***ing Leicester, thinking they're class by winning the league. Thick bastards will be regretting once they plummet down to 10th this season, then there'll feel stupid.

Much better to muddle along always in mid-table or relegation fights, then you can't plummet down the league. They're going to feel like right mugs.
No matter what happens they'll be dining out on 2015/2016. Can't blame them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back