Reasons why Leicester will plummet next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not going to find a striker who is as horrible to play against and scores as many as vardy.
You're not going to find a wide forward as magical as mahrez.
You're not going to find a midfielder who does the work of 2 men, the way that kante does.

They can sign good players, I'm sure, the way Southampton signed good players like tadic and pelle a few years ago.

Why?
good for football

hope for us yet

I don't think they're plunge down, I think they'll hang around the top part of the table, maybe challenging for Europe.

good for football

hope for us yet
The hope for us is mid table.
I couldn't even begin to dream of what they achieved . It is beyond a dream, a freak situation therefore it doesn't give me hope at all.

The way they played was great for football I agree. Next season maybe a guadiola inspired team will also be great for the premier league.

What Leicester did this season was incredible but it is almost certain they will not successfully defend their title.

They could end up anywhere, look at what Chelsea, it is difficult to motivate a group of players once they have achieved the target.

I wouldn't be so quick to write us off just yet. There's every chance Vardy will go and the domino effect gets into action but Vardy going isn't the formality it seemed a couple of days a go. If he stays then that might be the precedent for all our top players to give it one more year and see how it goes.

I believe Leicester can compete with the top clubs in the short term if we keep our key players, we've just strolled the league by 10pts and the new managers at the elite clubs aren't going to change things that quickly. Hopefully Vardy stays and Mahrez and Kante sign similar £100k+ a week contracts and we buy 2/3 £20m+ players to replace our weaker players. The club can easily afford it as we're expected to earn £260m this year which is more than Juventus earnt last year.

I wouldn't be so quick to write us off just yet. There's every chance Vardy will go and the domino effect gets into action but Vardy going isn't the formality it seemed a couple of days a go. If he stays then that might be the precedent for all our top players to give it one more year and see how it goes.

I believe Leicester can compete with the top clubs in the short term if we keep our key players, we've just strolled the league by 10pts and the new managers at the elite clubs aren't going to change things that quickly. Hopefully Vardy stays and Mahrez and Kante sign similar £100k+ a week contracts and we buy 2/3 £20m+ players to replace our weaker players. The club can easily afford it as we're expected to earn £260m this year which is more than Juventus earnt last year.
You're talking very best case scenario there. Even then top 4 would be a tall order.
My OP is reality.
Just get a dvd of 2015/16 and watch it on repeat.

You're talking very best case scenario there. Even then top 4 would be a tall order.
My OP is reality.
Just get a dvd of 2015/16 and watch it on repeat.

I'd take top four now, it's imperative we maintain this level to some degree. We don't have to win the PL but if can compete and somehow squeeze into the top four then we'll be started to be taken seriously rather than a flash in the pan which is how we're looked on now.

Despite having the money to pay transfer fees and wages for top players we're not an option for them as they have better options and we could easily be 10th next season. Morata turned us down instantly saying "we weren't in his thoughts". Only sustained success can alter the perception.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...orata-transfers-rumours-gossip-Premier-League

I think just about every Leicester fan on the planet is probably already doing that.

I deleted my Jamie Vardy programmes on Sky+ last night.

It will take me a while to watch last season's DVD when it comes out if a few of the players have gone on to pastures new. :(

Now is the time for vardy, mahrez ad kante to further their careers and improve their bank balances at bigger clubs with European pedigree. Now is the time for Ranieri to walk away at the top of the tree. Now is the time for Leicester fans to stop dreaming.

It can only go one way and thats down. It's going to be very difficult with the extra games, raised expectations plus the weight of heavy tag that comes with being champions. Will the players be as hungry next season? I don't think so. They'll be a scalp everyone will want to take.

Add to that the loss of their best players (due to ridiculous clauses) The new players they replace them with will be on much more money than the likes of huth and Albrighton which isn't good for team spirit.

They've also lost the element of surprise. Teams have had a full summer to look at why and how they were the best team in England last season. From day one they'll be paid much more respect. Last year they weren't taken seriously till far too late.

If they think they'll be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat and continue to find top class players for peanuts then they're taking a big risk. If they don't and sign big money players from abroad then like I say, it'll be tricky to keep the special team spirit when they're on more than players who won them the league. Plus almost inevitably they'll take time to adapt.

Its a unique situation, normally the league winners can cherry pick players from domestic teams who finished just outside top 4 but no way they'll be able to attract quality players from man United or Liverpool.

In addition to all of the above, the traditional big boys are very likely to come on leaps and bounds. World class managers and monsterous transfer budgets will ensure they dominate once again.

Football fans and the media have enjoyed the rise of Leicester city and I suspect they'll enjoy the fall just as much.

They have one of the richest owners in football and are now an attractive proposition to get good players in. They will be fine.

Now is the time for vardy, mahrez ad kante to further their careers and improve their bank balances at bigger clubs with European pedigree. Now is the time for Ranieri to walk away at the top of the tree. Now is the time for Leicester fans to stop dreaming.

It can only go one way and thats down. It's going to be very difficult with the extra games, raised expectations plus the weight of heavy tag that comes with being champions. Will the players be as hungry next season? I don't think so. They'll be a scalp everyone will want to take.

Add to that the loss of their best players (due to ridiculous clauses) The new players they replace them with will be on much more money than the likes of huth and Albrighton which isn't good for team spirit.

They've also lost the element of surprise. Teams have had a full summer to look at why and how they were the best team in England last season. From day one they'll be paid much more respect. Last year they weren't taken seriously till far too late.

If they think they'll be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat and continue to find top class players for peanuts then they're taking a big risk. If they don't and sign big money players from abroad then like I say, it'll be tricky to keep the special team spirit when they're on more than players who won them the league. Plus almost inevitably they'll take time to adapt.

Its a unique situation, normally the league winners can cherry pick players from domestic teams who finished just outside top 4 but no way they'll be able to attract quality players from man United or Liverpool.

In addition to all of the above, the traditional big boys are very likely to come on leaps and bounds. World class managers and monsterous transfer budgets will ensure they dominate once again.

Football fans and the media have enjoyed the rise of Leicester city and I suspect they'll enjoy the fall just as much.
I remember those Forest teams still would stay in the top half of the league for many years after winning the European Cup & the league. They might win the FA Cup this year. I believe they will replace players and come 6th next year. They will not plummet as quickly as you think. Pride is going to be part of it & there goal keeper is key in my book.

Reason 1. There is no other direction to go but down. That's what happens when you win the league.

It's a weird mentality that a lot of people have in this country - in that they loathe those who have success for whatever reason.

It does seem to be driven by the media mostly - they would have enjoyed Leicester falling at the final hurdle the season just gone as much (if not more) than them actually winning the thing. Now they can't wait for all their top players to jump ship so the club end up back 'where they belong.'

I think you're spot on when you say it's media driven. There seems to be a lot of football fans out there who lap up what the media tell them these days. A lot of the bigger clubs have a strong influence in the media and they also want to please their worldwide audience. Liverpool are one example of where this applies, and I use them purely because they have the biggest media presence at the moment with so many ex players being involved in the media these days. We're constantly being told that there is an elite Sky 4 etc by the media and if anyone dares to challenge that elite, they get frustrated by it.

I hope we see some more similar examples of what Leicester did in the coming seasons to see them rattled even more.

They have one of the richest owners in football and are now an attractive proposition to get good players in. They will be fine.
Depends how you define fine. In terms of not being in a dogfight I'd agree, they'll be fine. They'll plummet into mid table I'd say after having to tackle the issues explained in the OP.

There's a load of things to dislike about Leicester, to name but a few:

Racist Jamie Vardy
Gary Linekar
Tony Cottee
Tim Flowers time wasting
Bob Savage
That spenk who gets on this board
Danny Simpson

The hope for us is mid table.
I couldn't even begin to dream of what they achieved . It is beyond a dream, a freak situation therefore it doesn't give me hope at all.

The way they played was great for football I agree. Next season maybe a guadiola inspired team will also be great for the premier league.

You come across as a right queer one, like. When a lad says he hopes they win the league if we can't, you question why. He responds by saying it's good for the game ('lesser' clubs which we would be classed as winning the PL should be obvious).

Their "freak situation" doesn't give you any hope at all, but in the same comment, you're saying Man C (with all their money and star players) will be great for the league. I'm wondering how having a team which costs more than we would ever be able to assemble gives you hope? Aye definitely a queer one if you put the PL before your own club.

if I was a Leicester fan I would not give a toss if next season they never hit the heights of this season, they won the tittle and that can not be taken away, there fans have probably had the season of there lives and that can never be taken away, players will come and go but the memories will stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back