Reasons why Leicester will plummet next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now is the time for vardy, mahrez ad kante to further their careers and improve their bank balances at bigger clubs with European pedigree. Now is the time for Ranieri to walk away at the top of the tree. Now is the time for Leicester fans to stop dreaming.

It can only go one way and thats down. It's going to be very difficult with the extra games, raised expectations plus the weight of heavy tag that comes with being champions. Will the players be as hungry next season? I don't think so. They'll be a scalp everyone will want to take.

Add to that the loss of their best players (due to ridiculous clauses) The new players they replace them with will be on much more money than the likes of huth and Albrighton which isn't good for team spirit.

They've also lost the element of surprise. Teams have had a full summer to look at why and how they were the best team in England last season. From day one they'll be paid much more respect. Last year they weren't taken seriously till far too late.

If they think they'll be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat and continue to find top class players for peanuts then they're taking a big risk. If they don't and sign big money players from abroad then like I say, it'll be tricky to keep the special team spirit when they're on more than players who won them the league. Plus almost inevitably they'll take time to adapt.

Its a unique situation, normally the league winners can cherry pick players from domestic teams who finished just outside top 4 but no way they'll be able to attract quality players from man United or Liverpool.

In addition to all of the above, the traditional big boys are very likely to come on leaps and bounds. World class managers and monsterous transfer budgets will ensure they dominate once again.

Football fans and the media have enjoyed the rise of Leicester city and I suspect they'll enjoy the fall just as much.

Who is this soothsayer? He's fast becoming one of my favourite posters.

So he's gone. Should have left a champion in the summer. What is it about sports people that makes them stay too long and not leave at the top. Yet another decision Sir Alex got absolutely spot on.

So he's gone. Should have left a champion in the summer. What is it about sports people that makes them stay too long and not leave at the top. Yet another decision Sir Alex got absolutely spot on.
Surely you'd want to try to achieve more success? Why on earth would he leave and not lead them in to the champions league? Bizzarre.

Was never gonna happen for the reasons outlined in the OP. Last season was a freak.

Was a great post by you marra..the point you made about players coming in on bigger money than the players already there was spot on..i said at work when the likes of Slimani came in for £28 million or whatever..he must have gone straight on to £70 - 80k per week upsetting the apple cart.

Was a great post by you marra..the point you made about players coming in on bigger money than the players already there was spot on..i said at work when the likes of Slimani came in for £28 million or whatever..he must have gone straight on to £70 - 80k per week upsetting the apple cart.
Cheers mate.
Also normally the champions of England can cherry pick players. Even though Leicester won the league they couldn't go to the big clubs domestically and take their best players.

Now is the time for vardy, mahrez ad kante to further their careers and improve their bank balances at bigger clubs with European pedigree. Now is the time for Ranieri to walk away at the top of the tree. Now is the time for Leicester fans to stop dreaming.

It can only go one way and thats down. It's going to be very difficult with the extra games, raised expectations plus the weight of heavy tag that comes with being champions. Will the players be as hungry next season? I don't think so. They'll be a scalp everyone will want to take.

Add to that the loss of their best players (due to ridiculous clauses) The new players they replace them with will be on much more money than the likes of huth and Albrighton which isn't good for team spirit.

They've also lost the element of surprise. Teams have had a full summer to look at why and how they were the best team in England last season. From day one they'll be paid much more respect. Last year they weren't taken seriously till far too late.

If they think they'll be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat and continue to find top class players for peanuts then they're taking a big risk. If they don't and sign big money players from abroad then like I say, it'll be tricky to keep the special team spirit when they're on more than players who won them the league. Plus almost inevitably they'll take time to adapt.

Its a unique situation, normally the league winners can cherry pick players from domestic teams who finished just outside top 4 but no way they'll be able to attract quality players from man United or Liverpool.

In addition to all of the above, the traditional big boys are very likely to come on leaps and bounds. World class managers and monsterous transfer budgets will ensure they dominate once again.

Football fans and the media have enjoyed the rise of Leicester city and I suspect they'll enjoy the fall just as much.
Logon or register to see this image

The most intuitive post I've read on here in the 12 years I've been on the site.

The most intuitive post I've read on here in the 12 years I've been on the site.
Wasn't exactly an outlandish prediction. Had the OP done the same with Chelsea the year before I'd have been impressed, but plenty picked Leicester's fall.

credit where its due, fantastic post in every respect, I think they'll stay up relatively easily like.

credit where its due, fantastic post in every respect, I think they'll stay up relatively easily like.
I think the opposite they are going down with a few players knowing they will be sold and move on to greener pastures. I would not be surprised if they finish bottom!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back