Realistic options for a new gaffer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clough, but we would have to pay for him, so probably rules him out
I can’t believe the number who mention Nigel. They can’t all be clueless!
He’s nivver worked more than an hour from home. Why should he? He’s a millionaires son who became a millionaire off his own bat anarl. He’s not driven by the usual management carrot or stick. He’s seen what that shit did to his dad. Leave him where he is, he’s happy with his lot. Good luck to him.

Keane. He was brilliant in the championship. This is league 1 so we'd get two or three good seasons out of him at least (which is longer than any manager has lasted for us for a while) and if he got us promoted he'd have earned another shot at the premiership.
Keane would not work with the clowns who own us, think any decent manager would also have reservations

The problem we've got is we need to find a manager who can hit the ground running, someone who knows this league inside out, but we also need someone who can handle the pressure of managing a club the size of Sunderland.

I can't see why Roy wouldn't get on with the owners. They seem fairly straight-talking, as he is.
Unfortunately I also can't see why he would take us on - apart from 'unfinished business'.

Wouldn’t want Rowett. Ross gets hammered for being too defense minded and Rowett was like that often at Birmingham, Derby & Stoke.

Sam. Give him whatever Cack Boss is on weekly, and a million quid bonus if he gets us up. 2 year contract. He'd take that.

I'd go for someone like Dan Cowley like if we can't tempt Lincoln City manager we might as well just give up
I said that (not here) last season......those 2 brothers are very good, don't know what they would be like at a higher level.....but I would love to see them given a chance

He’s nivver worked more than an hour from home. Why should he? He’s a millionaires son who became a millionaire off his own bat anarl. He’s not driven by the usual management carrot or stick. He’s seen what that shit did to his dad. Leave him where he is, he’s happy with his lot. Good luck to him.
Name recognition is king here. That’s why people keep talking about Keane, Poyet, SKP, Clough and the rest.

He may want to finish something his dad always talked about, I would do it for my dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back