Realistic options for a new gaffer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone able to evaluate the players available and be savvy enough to build a system that maximises their abilities in a team, rather than trying to shoehorn them into a system that once worked for you somewhere else and then blaming them when it doesn't work.

Dunno. Probably Adkins. At least he’s worked within the sort of modern structure we should set up (albeit he was binned from it). He comes in from a different route so is likely to have less of an obsession with being Alex Ferguson or Brian Clough. Ideally, though I’d want us to find the next Graham Potter.

The issue is going to be that we will have the same half brains choosing the next gaffer - and they clearly don’t know what’s really required.

Half brains :lol:

You're right like, they should stick to selling insurance and snake oil

How is Roy Keane and realistic being put in the same sentence? He'd want 5 fold what we could offer in terms of wages.

Who realistically would you want as a new gaffer?

I’d go for Nigel Pearson.

Wouldn’t go back for any other previous SAFC manager other than big Sam. Don’t think he would come back tho.

Big Sam is not a winner, never been relegated though.

Anyone who understands modern football!
Anyone who can get players to move off the ball.
Anyone who realises that we should have shots on goal.
Anyone who sees that pressing shite players will often lead to them making mistakes.
Anyone who looks at stats as helpful yet realises you can’t just pick one to suit your argument. (Keep clean sheets because we score 66% of our shots on target 🤦‍♂️)

Realistic options
My pick Gareth Ainsworth
The Cowley brothers
Nigel Clough

Need to find our Graham Potter. Take the players to the ballet and that.

Seriously though a manager that understands how to set a team up to play to their strengths, build a playing style and philosophy that the players buy into.

Yes, I mean who wants a bit if success. I really don’t like this sacking business but, if it’s not working get rid. Be more carefull next time. Do it before the window closes, if they wait, it could give us the opinion that the owners haven’t got what it takes.
Murray has since admitted he waited too long to sack McMenemy. It was his first managerial sacking. I’ve read a few owners/chairman admit once you’re over that hurdle the trigger finger gets quicker. Non league doesn’t count btw.
Keane
Poyet
Clough
Monk
Karanka
PDC
Holloway
Unstable.
Unstable.
Homebird.
Dubious.
Hmmmm. Boring football?
Unstable fascist.
More interested in his own quotability than his job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back