Reading Neil Warnocks autobiography

Status
Not open for further replies.

What team do we own, Mark my words next year we could go down again if money is not invested in a better quality of player.

But what has that got to do with loans? It's got everything to do with constantly buying poor players, sacking managers and chasing our tails in a bid to stay up. We've spent more than enough had it been spent on better players or had stability in management for us not to be in this position. Blaming it on loans is farcical.

But what has that got to do with loans? It's got everything to do with constantly buying poor players, sacking managers and chasing our tails in a bid to stay up. We've spent more than enough had it been spent on better players or had stability in management for us not to be in this position. Blaming it on loans is farcical.

You have barely ever owned your best players. You certainly seemed to rely more heavily on loans than any other team in the prem. Why get a player in better form for the partner club? You are in essence raising the value of their asset. Much better trying to do it yourself. Loans are thinking very short term, eventually it will bite you in the arse.

Sorry I didn’t realise we were fighting relegation in the championship then.

Is fighting relegation in the PL any different? Surely he'd adopt the same principles. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just saying we have proof that loaning players can actually work in your favour. It's all about bringing in the right type of player, whether they're signed permanently or on loan, I'm sure you'll agree.

Either way, it's interesting to get Warnock's take on it. Cheers for the recommendation, I'll give it a read.

and he’s talking about being in a relegation fight and the 1st rule of thumb is to not sign any loan players as they won’t give their all for the club as they belong to someone else. Ellis should read it.
One of the most genuine guys I have met. I lived near the fire station in Looe, and he would pop in Jakes cafe for a cuppa. Always speaks positive of every fans teams.

Sounds like a good tactic for us eh! Sign a boatload of shit free transfers on longer contracts that the season long loans we have. Also we wouldn't have had Grabban and would have been on for a record low points total if we did it the Warnock way. It's probably the only possible way of making this season shitter.

You have barely ever owned your best players. You certainly seemed to rely more heavily on loans than any other team in the prem. Why get a player in better form for the partner club? You are in essence raising the value of their asset. Much better trying to do it yourself. Loans are thinking very short term, eventually it will bite you in the arse.

we've sold our best players far too quickly. Again that isn't the fault of loans.

you're asking why raise the value of other clubs players, but it ignores in many cases the loans have came onnloan as they wouldn't come permanently as it benefits them, the parent club and us, by having a better quality of player than were able to sign most of the time. Your argument falls completely flat on its arse too when you look at the money we've spent and the amount of permanent signings we've made and that in turn has meant we've had to go into the loan market.

we've sold our best players far too quickly. Again that isn't the fault of loans.

you're asking why raise the value of other clubs players, but it ignores in many cases the loans have came onnloan as they wouldn't come permanently as it benefits them, the parent club and us, by having a better quality of player than were able to sign most of the time. Your argument falls completely flat on its arse too when you look at the money we've spent and the amount of permanent signings we've made and that in turn has meant we've had to go into the loan market.

But its like propping up your mortgage repayments with a Wonga loan. In the short term it helps you keep your fuck off massive house but eventually it will totally cripple you.

But its like propping up your mortgage repayments with a Wonga loan. In the short term it helps you keep your fuck off massive house but eventually it will totally cripple you.
Only if you don’t get a better paying job/decent signings.
It’s the fact that we’ve signed shite players alongside the loans (both good and bad) that has done for us.

and he’s talking about being in a relegation fight and the 1st rule of thumb is to not sign any loan players as they won’t give their all for the club as they belong to someone else. Ellis should read it.

So did Rose not care? Borini in his first spell? M'Villa? Alonso? The list goes on.

I think they will care, unfortunately the players on load cannot help the fact that they're shite.

I listened to the roker report podcast with George Caukin this morning. Very good and some great points which weren’t necessarily new but expressed really well. Caulkin felt we’d identified with performing miracles in staying up against the odds - this bred an arrogance at board level that we could continue to do it, a culture of losing on the club and a season defined by 5 or 6 games. Not a miracle just earning the right to be utterly abject again next season.

Just very well put. The loan signings piece fits our model which is bust and has been since we got loanees who actually added value like Welbeck or Rose

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back