Raw dog food

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s in frozen 1lb packs. I just get 7 packs a week as only have a small freezer. I take one pack out every night for the next day.
Awesome I think I pay 80p a pack from the shop in pallion but I will try the one in Hendon just for shits and giggles! I split a pack into 2 and feed her in the morning with some dog biscuits and some eggshells and veg if I have leftovers from the night before. Then fed her around 5 ish after he walk to try and stop the greed. She was hand raised from about 2 week old so I think that makes her worse.

I went to The Tripe Factory at Hendon. Good God what a grim place, there was blood running into the gutter outside. Cheap as owt (60p a pack I think?) but it isn't blended 80 / 10 / 10.
Still using ROAR, getting a 30 pack tray for £25, varying between beef, beef & salmon, chicken and tripe
Shites and pisses massively reduced. Actually sometimes the chodlettes are a bit crumbly and difficult to pick up.
It is a bit of a clart on but the dog absolutely loves the raw food

I went to The Tripe Factory at Hendon. Good God what a grim place, there was blood running into the gutter outside. Cheap as owt (60p a pack I think?) but it isn't blended 80 / 10 / 10.
Still using ROAR, getting a 30 pack tray for £25, varying between beef, beef & salmon, chicken and tripe
Shites and pisses massively reduced. Actually sometimes the chodlettes are a bit crumbly and difficult to pick up.

We used Durham Animal Feeds for a while, then made the mistake of going there as we needed a top up between deliveries. Made the same mistake of going to Tripe Factory.

The colour and consistency of the meet was never the same 2 weeks in a row with DAF and Tripe Factory, at ROAR we have had no need to complain and the people who work there are friendly enough.

Are they the ones on freezer to left as you go in? Decent enough compared to the other stuff?

Placed an order on 20th November with the one in Hendon and paid in full.

Was promised the delivery would be made the following Wednesday, no delivery.

Rang and was told I would get a call back, no call, rang again was promised a call back, no call!! Rang the next day and was told there is no delivery to my area on a Wednesday and it would be Monday and the lad could see my order.

Champion I thought... Monday came and no delivery so I called back only to be told they couldn't see my order (even though it was on the list last week). I was promised that my order would be on my doorstep at 5am this morning as the driver was going to Leeds this morning.

Guess what, no delivery and nobody answering the phone.

Placed an order on 20th November with the one in Hendon and paid in full.

Was promised the delivery would be made the following Wednesday, no delivery.

Rang and was told I would get a call back, no call, rang again was promised a call back, no call!! Rang the next day and was told there is no delivery to my area on a Wednesday and it would be Monday and the lad could see my order.

Champion I thought... Monday came and no delivery so I called back only to be told they couldn't see my order (even though it was on the list last week). I was promised that my order would be on my doorstep at 5am this morning as the driver was going to Leeds this morning.

Guess what, no delivery and nobody answering the phone.

I always found them rather sketchy when we used them...

I always found them rather sketchy when we used them...
They couldn't lie straight in bed. The amount of different excuses they've given us. I've asked the back to do a charge back for us.

Out of interest do you still use them or are you getting raw food elsewhere if at all?

Seen a few people on this thread recommend just feeding them chicken wings/ legs. Is that safe? Was always told that chicken bones shatter and may perforate their stomachs. Be annoyed if I nearly lost a finger fighting my lad over a discarded KFC

Seen a few people on this thread recommend just feeding them chicken wings/ legs. Is that safe? Was always told that chicken bones shatter and may perforate their stomachs. Be annoyed if I nearly lost a finger fighting my lad over a discarded KFC

Raw poultry bones are fine as they're softer and digestible. Cooked bones are not as they're brittle and splinter which can cause internal injuries.

They couldn't lie straight in bed. The amount of different excuses they've given us. I've asked the back to do a charge back for us.

Out of interest do you still use them or are you getting raw food elsewhere if at all?

I’ve 8 dogs all on raw, we get it from ROAR at Team Valley - they deliver and have the best customer service from the ones I use.

Our orders will be going up as currently got a litter of 8 Dalmatians and 8 Bracco Italiano pups who will be weaning onto raw in the next few weeks.

I’ve 8 dogs all on raw, we get it from ROAR at Team Valley - they deliver and have the best customer service from the ones I use.

Our orders will be going up as currently got a litter of 8 Dalmatians and 8 Bracco Italiano pups who will be weaning onto raw in the next few weeks.
Spot on mate I'll take a look

Raw is fine, cooked definitely not.

Get some rabbit ears or pelt as well, pass through them and gives their guts a good old clean. End up with furry shits but a good natural wormer.

Raw poultry bones are fine as they're softer and digestible. Cooked bones are not as they're brittle and splinter which can cause internal injuries.

this basically...if cooked they can splinter. raw they're fine and ours thrived on wings.

used to buy massive boxes of wings from Elwoods Poultry in Washington and a spare freezer in the utility room full of chicken wings.
God knows what anyone would have thought if they'd looked in

As a kid in leigh park we had steak on Thursday the day before pay day... Found out later mum used to buy horse steak for the dog as it was cheap and give it to us... Cheap but lovely.... Cheers mum...

Durham Animal Feeds deliver weekly. Spend over £40 I think it is & you get free delivery. Never,have I been let down on a delivery.
Top quality feed with bone & offal added to the meat.
First time I have heard of ROAR but I will check them out to see the quality.
I have fed my dogs chicken wings as mentioned above & they are ideal. Especially for youngsters.
I have also fed full chicken carcasses,which I found to be the best feed for a dog.
Wings,carcasses etc not only feed your dog quality,but what people don't understand is they are a fantastic way of cleaning your dogs teeth too & doing away with bad breath. The dog also works a wee bit in eating it. Unlike kibble etc which is gone in seconds & pure garbage.
I add veg,ACV,Salmon oil (cold pressed) & Barf complete which ensures the dog is getting all supplements needed.... ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back