Raw dog food

Went down to Hendon today, asked the fella for a couple of packs to try, and he gave me 4 different packs for nowt!

The place was canny busy, and the others in the queue told me that they have been buying their dogs bait from here for years.

Gave my 2 some tonight with some of their normal food and they wolfed it down, licking their bowls clean.

As long as they don’t shite all over the place tonight, a good start
:cool:GTD has done good yet again .

Do they blend it 80% meat/10% offal/10% bone?

This thread has been useful - thanks all for input. Im off to 'Roar' this evening cos it's near where I work.

Ive been feeding my GR on Royal Canin as that is what the breeder recommended. I thought it was top notch gear, until I researched the ingredients....

Ingredients: Brewers rice, wheat gluten, chicken by-product meal, corn, chicken fat, wheat, natural flavors, dried plain beet pulp, fish oil, pea fiber, dried tomato pomace, vegetable oil, rice hulls, calcium carbonate, sodium silico aluminate, l-lysine, potassium chloride, vitamins [dl-alpha tocopherol acetate (source of vitamin E), niacin supplement, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), d-calcium pantothenate, biotin, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin supplement, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), vitamin A acetate, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement], fructooligosaccharides, sodium tripolyphosphate, dl-methionine, l-arginine, taurine, potassium citrate, hydrolyzed yeast, choline chloride, salt, marigold extract (Tagetes erecta l.), l-tyrosine, trace minerals [zinc oxide, ferrous sulfate, zinc proteinate, manganous oxide, manganese proteinate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, copper proteinate], glucosamine hydrochloride, l-carnitine, magnesium oxide, green tea extract, chondroitin sulfate, rosemary extract, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid
There’s one of the companies tell you how to mix raw feed on their tubs

:cool:GTD has done good yet again .
Never seen a discount code on your post though. Out of practice due to you self imposed exile?

Last edited:
There’s one of the companies tell you how to mix raw feed on their tubs

Never seen a discount code on your post though. Out of practice due to you self imposed exile?
Don’t know the boys in there tbh ,it’s ahout 11-12 year since I’ve been in mate .Ill not make stuff up for the sake of it .
All my discounts /promo codes are genuine .

Must be something in the air, ours are getting started on it this week. Anything that stops the little sod in my avatar from eating our dogs’ botty bourbons will be a godsend.
f***ing showdog, my arse. Scruffy little tramp.

Must be something in the air, ours are getting started on it this week. Anything that stops the little sod in my avatar from eating our dogs’ botty bourbons will be a godsend.

More likely to eat them when they are on raw as there will be more undigested meat content.

With that in mind, won’t be a problem for most people, but with the fortnightly bin collections we have to throw our dog mess away in not just double but treble bags to prevent the bin being maggot infested during the summer months (8 dogs...truly are shitting machines)

Got 10 x 1lb packs from ROAR to try. Lass in there was canny and decent selection of options and other snack / treats. Canny cheap as well @ £25 for 30 packs. The main thing I’ve noticed is that my dog has really calmed down only 24 hours after starting her on it like a proper golden retriever. Unless she’s just I’ll like

Thanks for the link, but this is the pricey gear I want to avoid. Would cost ~£100 a month to feed her. Looking to bulk buy direct from the farm or butcher

Mate, if you’re worried about 100 a month don’t give her raw. You’ll be buying parasite ridden shite for less than that and you’ll make her ill.

There’s a place called Durham Animal Feeds that will deliver and will be one of the cheapest you can get. I stopped using them though as the quality was really patchy and the mutts got ill.

Another decent place to try for raw food is The Wandering Dog, they are based at Cullercoats Metro Station, they also have a place in Blyth. Good selection of tripe based foods for the dog and quite reasonable. They also do a delivery service. They have a website and are also on Facebook.

Another decent place to try for raw food is The Wandering Dog, they are based at Cullercoats Metro Station, they also have a place in Blyth. Good selection of tripe based foods for the dog and quite reasonable. They also do a delivery service. They have a website and are also on Facebook.

I’ve used them - canny and a good choice of stuff

Mate, if you’re worried about 100 a month don’t give her raw. You’ll be buying parasite ridden shite for less than that and you’ll make her ill.

There’s a place called Durham Animal Feeds that will deliver and will be one of the cheapest you can get. I stopped using them though as the quality was really patchy and the mutts got ill.

We used Durham Animal Feeds for a while, then noticed that when ordering the meat the colour and quality of it would change week on week.

Then made the mistake of visiting them and seeing their operation.

Then we used the Tripe Factory and again would see differences in the meat and at that time delivery's were a bit sketchy.

Anglian Meat Products / Nature’s Menu delivered to us for a while as well, however we find the Bulmers food from ROAR and then the selection of the other stuff great, plus it’s on our doorstep. One of the owners is a massive Blackpool fan.

More likely to eat them when they are on raw as there will be more undigested meat content.

With that in mind, won’t be a problem for most people, but with the fortnightly bin collections we have to throw our dog mess away in not just double but treble bags to prevent the bin being maggot infested during the summer months (8 dogs...truly are shitting machines)

Bugger, I’ve read the complete opposite! Oh well, at least it’s a natural diet if nowt else.

As an aside, last year I put a chicken carcass in the outside bin in a bin bag that must’ve had a tear in it.
One evening I open the back door and the ground seemed to be moving. I put the outside light on and there were literally thousands of large maggots spewing out the bin and all over the path. My f***ing blood ran cold, I’ve never seen anything like it. Someone had overfilled the bin leaving the lid slightly open and flies had got in. It was like a moving carpet.

It took ages swilling everywhere with bleach to get rid of them, and there were still a few hangers-on the next day. My stomach’s churning just thinking about it!

We used Durham Animal Feeds for a while, then noticed that when ordering the meat the colour and quality of it would change week on week.

Then made the mistake of visiting them and seeing their operation.

Then we used the Tripe Factory and again would see differences in the meat and at that time delivery's were a bit sketchy.

Anglian Meat Products / Nature’s Menu delivered to us for a while as well, however we find the Bulmers food from ROAR and then the selection of the other stuff great, plus it’s on our doorstep. One of the owners is a massive Blackpool fan.

the breeders where I got my dogs recently told me they’d stopped using DAF due to quality issues, this after mine were very ill a couple of times.

May try that ROAR place. I buy from an independent in Morpeth now, mainly Cotswold and Nutriment. Costs a bit more but the dogs are happy on it and it’s a great shop run by good people.

Logon or register to see this image

So we have 3 Bracco Italiano, each of them go through around 2kg of raw meat a day. Then 5 Dalmatians (currently 6 as one of the girls had to have an emergency C section on Good Friday, a cracking vets bill that was) the males have 500g a day and the girls around 350g a day.

So we don’t half go through some food, the dogs have a chest freezer and a big Samsung American style fridge freezer for their stuff we just have a normal fridge freezer. ROAR’s delivery service has been a godsend but we do still like to pop in to buy things like Rabbit Pelts, etc.. and to see what’s new.

My lab pup in my avatar eats her own shite! Just wrong... I’ve been thinking of trying her on raw food mix with her kibble just to try it. We buy her kibble from tails.com and they do raw food also...

My lab pup in my avatar eats her own shite! Just wrong... I’ve been thinking of trying her on raw food mix with her kibble just to try it. We buy her kibble from tails.com and they do raw food also...

If eating shite is that appealing to them, maybe we should try it? You first, mind...

If eating shite is that appealing to them, maybe we should try it? You first, mind...
You have to watch her on a morning to see why she’s doing and the twat even looks over to see if I’m there to catch her! Pineapple juice is supposed to work but it didn’t with her!

My youngest Bracco will eat the shit of the other dogs as they are passing it, one of them had the shits and she came in the house caked in it!

Go to a catering butcher..buy half a ton of chicken drumsticks freeze in batches ..feed dogs when required...result is... very small amounts of dry shit...no bad breath..shiny coats..no vets bills...lots of admiring glances..sorted...we have a Collie, black lab, and lurcher all very healthy

Back