Raw dog food

toxic tracksuit

Central Defender
Any recommended local suppliers / farms / butchers? We have a golden retriever and want to move her over to raw food to try to calm her down a bit. The branded stuff on line is a bit pricey. Just looking for ground up donkey or whatever. I am not Adrian Lewis.

Any recommended local suppliers / farms / butchers? We have a golden retriever and want to move her over to raw food to try to calm her down a bit. The branded stuff on line is a bit pricey. Just looking for ground up donkey or whatever. I am not Adrian Lewis.
There is a tripe factory down Hendon parade that does different types of raw dogfood

We feed our two miniature schnauzers Poppy's Picnic - after winning a first hamper in a competition. Never looked back - calmed them down a lot, sorted out their itchy skin and really made their coats soft and glossy

Cost your lab's food needs here https://poppyspicnic.co.uk/fresh-start/

You can order direct or buy local from JP's Pet Supplies, 244 Fulwell Rd.

BTW, the dog poo reduces in amount, stops smelling rank and turns white if it is left to dry right out (that in itself must rate highly on the SMB coz there is always someone going on about the lack of white dog poo these days)

Last edited by a moderator:
Place in Camperdown and Burradon. Just off A19. Old pub building and can't miss it.

We feed our cats natural instinct raw food which is decent and prepared - they cater for dogs too. Sorry not local as we just order online

We feed our two miniature schnauzers Poppy's Picnic - after winning a first hamper in a competition. Never looked back - calmed them down a lot, sorted out their itchy skin and really made their coats soft and glossy

Cost your lab's food needs here https://poppyspicnic.co.uk/fresh-start/

You can order direct or buy local from JP's Pet Supplies, 244 Fulwell Rd.

BTW, the dog poo reduces in amount, stops smelling rank and turns white if it is left to dry right out (that in itself must rate highly on the SMB coz there is always someone going on about the lack of white dog poo these days)

White poo means that the right amount of ground bone is in the meat, dogs either need that or carcasses to aid digestion. White poo indicates the balance your feeding dog is right.

We used to buy uncooked chicken wings for ours...loved them

Used Elwood’s poultry in Washington for years till they stopped selling to the public

We got ours based on this website

All About Dog Food.co.uk

Some surprise reviews on it. Especially from the bigger more well know uk brands. Never used them since.

I don’t have any pets so this raw food thing is news to me. When did it start and what are the pros and cons for cats, dogs and their owners?

Back