Raw dog food

No spelling mistake that’s actually what the place is called. I’d post a link but new member so I cannot.

Name is made up of the initials of the owners 3 boxer dogs, they have a great selection of stuff. We feed our 8 dogs from there, they love the rabbit pelts which act as a natural wormer and give them a good clean out.

We feed our two miniature schnauzers Poppy's Picnic - after winning a first hamper in a competition. Never looked back - calmed them down a lot, sorted out their itchy skin and really made their coats soft and glossy

Cost your lab's food needs here https://poppyspicnic.co.uk/fresh-start/

You can order direct or buy local from JP's Pet Supplies, 244 Fulwell Rd.

BTW, the dog poo reduces in amount, stops smelling rank and turns white if it is left to dry right out (that in itself must rate highly on the SMB coz there is always someone going on about the lack of white dog poo these days)

That’s me sold on the idea

We use the place down Hendon for our french bulldog, pretty knowledgeable there.

It’s reasonably priced too mate.

Do they blend it 80% meat/10% offal/10% bone?

This thread has been useful - thanks all for input. Im off to 'Roar' this evening cos it's near where I work.

Ive been feeding my GR on Royal Canin as that is what the breeder recommended. I thought it was top notch gear, until I researched the ingredients....

Ingredients: Brewers rice, wheat gluten, chicken by-product meal, corn, chicken fat, wheat, natural flavors, dried plain beet pulp, fish oil, pea fiber, dried tomato pomace, vegetable oil, rice hulls, calcium carbonate, sodium silico aluminate, l-lysine, potassium chloride, vitamins [dl-alpha tocopherol acetate (source of vitamin E), niacin supplement, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), d-calcium pantothenate, biotin, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin supplement, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), vitamin A acetate, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement], fructooligosaccharides, sodium tripolyphosphate, dl-methionine, l-arginine, taurine, potassium citrate, hydrolyzed yeast, choline chloride, salt, marigold extract (Tagetes erecta l.), l-tyrosine, trace minerals [zinc oxide, ferrous sulfate, zinc proteinate, manganous oxide, manganese proteinate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, copper proteinate], glucosamine hydrochloride, l-carnitine, magnesium oxide, green tea extract, chondroitin sulfate, rosemary extract, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid

We feed our two miniature schnauzers Poppy's Picnic - after winning a first hamper in a competition. Never looked back - calmed them down a lot, sorted out their itchy skin and really made their coats soft and glossy

Cost your lab's food needs here https://poppyspicnic.co.uk/fresh-start/

You can order direct or buy local from JP's Pet Supplies, 244 Fulwell Rd.

BTW, the dog poo reduces in amount, stops smelling rank and turns white if it is left to dry right out (that in itself must rate highly on the SMB coz there is always someone going on about the lack of white dog poo these days)
Still a regular sight over here :lol:
Logon or register to see this image

Do they blend it 80% meat/10% offal/10% bone?

This thread has been useful - thanks all for input. Im off to 'Roar' this evening cos it's near where I work.

Ive been feeding my GR on Royal Canin as that is what the breeder recommended. I thought it was top notch gear, until I researched the ingredients....

Ingredients: Brewers rice, wheat gluten, chicken by-product meal, corn, chicken fat, wheat, natural flavors, dried plain beet pulp, fish oil, pea fiber, dried tomato pomace, vegetable oil, rice hulls, calcium carbonate, sodium silico aluminate, l-lysine, potassium chloride, vitamins [dl-alpha tocopherol acetate (source of vitamin E), niacin supplement, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), d-calcium pantothenate, biotin, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin supplement, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), vitamin A acetate, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement], fructooligosaccharides, sodium tripolyphosphate, dl-methionine, l-arginine, taurine, potassium citrate, hydrolyzed yeast, choline chloride, salt, marigold extract (Tagetes erecta l.), l-tyrosine, trace minerals [zinc oxide, ferrous sulfate, zinc proteinate, manganous oxide, manganese proteinate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, copper proteinate], glucosamine hydrochloride, l-carnitine, magnesium oxide, green tea extract, chondroitin sulfate, rosemary extract, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid
Not sure on the breakdown of it, he gets all different kinds of the mince including salmon, there’s also separate bags of heart in there too, the lads are spot on in Halls mate.

Ours has been brought up on raw and he’s a healthy dog, didn’t want to change his diet when we got him.

Last edited:
Went down to Hendon today, asked the fella for a couple of packs to try, and he gave me 4 different packs for nowt!

The place was canny busy, and the others in the queue told me that they have been buying their dogs bait from here for years.

Gave my 2 some tonight with some of their normal food and they wolfed it down, licking their bowls clean.

As long as they don’t shite all over the place tonight, a good start

Back