Rate Donald’s time as owner so far out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
He gets nothing from me. So far out of his depth, there's now a real chance he could do terminal damage to the club and any premier league dreams we might still have. All gone now.

Last edited:

This time last year I liked him and would have gave him a 7/8 but because of this managerial/ investment mess and our lack of spending over the summer he’s slipped to at 3 or 4 at best for me
5 at best... And that's probably coz he managed to get short to wipe out the debt... After that it's been a wasteland of failure

4. I think he started out with good intentions and probably to a certain extent still does. However he is not experienced enough to own a premier league club in all but current division. Genuinely worries me that the club is now at a crossroads and if it continues to take the wrong turn we will be in this league for the next 5 years slowly decaying. The fans are as always the ones to suffer.

Getting Ellis Short to wipe out virtually 140m debt saved the club from being where Bury are now. The ground was falling to bits and now looks far better and a manager was appointed to turn around a team who had finished bottom of the league two years in a row. He missed promotion by one goal. After admitting
at the outset that they didn't have the financial clout to take the Club where it needs to be he sourced solid investment which will move the Club forward.
The team we have assembled at the moment should be doing far better and its time several underperforming players got their finger out.

Getting Ellis Short to wipe out virtually 140m debt saved the club from being where Bury are now. The ground was falling to bits and now looks far better and a manager was appointed to turn around a team who had finished bottom of the league two years in a row. He missed promotion by one goal. After admitting
at the outset that they didn't have the financial clout to take the Club where it needs to be he sourced solid investment which will move the Club forward.
The team we have assembled at the moment should be doing far better and its time several underperforming players got their finger out.
7:eek:

Give ower man Charlie

The stadium wasn't fallen to bits. And on Friday CM said we had to fix the speakers at the SoL and the lift at the AoL. They said from the outset they had the money to get is to the PL. Then it was changed to compete in the The Championship. Only recently they have said they haven't got the money to fund us beyond League One.

Probably a 4. Quite canny off the pitch with the podcasts and things. We're really poor on the pitch though, which is what really matters. I'm not convinced he can afford to keep us, but I'm not convinced he's done everything he can to get the FPP deal through to give himself a way out and to give us investors who could really change our medium to long term fate. Could have left having done well financially, connected with the fans and passed us onto major investors, instead there will always be the suspicion that he wants to hang on for a bigger profit even if it means losing the chance to sell to people who can really make a difference to our club. He needs to get the manager decision right, something has to go well for him on the pitch soon or the questions will just get louder

Probably have to put him down to a 3 now considering my main praise for him was the openness and engagement etc which he's now stopped. I said he had to get the next manager appointment right, too early to tell on that one but he certainly hasn't gone for an inspiring option much though I think he needs to be given time. If I had to put my house on us going up or staying down this season the safe bet would be staying down and that's not good enough. He might get a higher mark in February if we have actually improved the side and look a bit better on the pitch or if further details about the investment have come out

All I care about is results, they aren't there. We're a football club at the end of the day and the aim should be to build a quality team and to win games. I just don't get where they're coming from with this appointment at all. I'm yet to see any improvement, we seem to be going gradually backwards, it's so frustrating. Gutted.

And when the shit started to hit the fan the bloke has gone awol.

3...His biggest problem is he dropped the ball big time when he had the chance for a clean slate managerial appointment that would of galvanised the squad and fans alike...just as it was in 2006 and the place just snowballed into the juggernaut that would finish the league In style....instead he went for the cheapest and uninspired choice out of the lot that would leave the place flatlining when it should of been the jolt it required

started with a 10 but every time he or his sidekick open their traps he loses a point... so basically minus a canny bit at the minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back