Rate Donald’s time as owner so far out of 10

5.5/10 JR was his downfall and a terrible appointment

Completely disagree. People have short memories. We were in big trouble of carrying our losing mentlaity into another league. Ross got us organised, made us hard to beat and decimated the losing mentality.

Hindsight tells us we should've got rid in the summer but I was happy to give him another go.

I think that Parkinson's appointment was a very tough one for Donald. Ulitmately I think he got it right, the big problem was the timing. Parkinson shouldn't have been bought in during a busy period of fixtures. It gave him no time on the training field. Now he has had time, we are seeing much much better and consistent performances.

People in here giving Donald 1/10 because we haven't signed anyone :lol:. Despite the window being open for a few more days.

Again, short memories. Does he not at least deserve credit for the court cases, making us sustainable etc...?

Completely disagree. People have short memories. We were in big trouble of carrying our losing mentlaity into another league. Ross got us organised, made us hard to beat and decimated the losing mentality.

Hindsight tells us we should've got rid in the summer but I was happy to give him another go.

I think that Parkinson's appointment was a very tough one for Donald. Ulitmately I think he got it right, the big problem was the timing. Parkinson shouldn't have been bought in during a busy period of fixtures. It gave him no time on the training field. Now he has had time, we are seeing much much better and consistent performances.

People in here giving Donald 1/10 because we haven't signed anyone :lol:. Despite the window being open for a few more days.

Again, short memories. Does he not at least deserve credit for the court cases, making us sustainable etc...?

He'll deserve credit when we're promoted. Until then the jury is very much out IMO. We currently look like a tinpot organisation and that is nothing to boast about.

Keeps getting worse and worse as this season goes on and with the whole Boyce thing it's clear he's a massive liar and chancer.

Friday's game was a bit of a return to struggling against one of the league's better sides, which often happened under Ross.

Keeps getting worse and worse as this season goes on and with the whole Boyce thing it's clear he's a massive liar and chancer.
Have to agree with you...He is going down quicker than the Titanic..His comments, his tales,his demeanour speak louder than any any of his inactions or actions. A charlatan.

Spits dummy out and is very thin skinned for a football club owner who for the first 12 months actively sought to be in the public eye. Therefore I'd score 4 for off-field and maximum 2.5 for on-field, (where his personnel selection decisions have been woeful)

Not sure if anyone has posted this.

Last season we had a manager and team that got to the CT final but lost. And was in a good position for promotion and lost that as well. But given we had hardly any players in that first preseason and Ndong etc to deal with and the atmosphere was generally positive until the end of that season, overall I'd say it was a 7 last season.
Off the pitch we had 10 years of premier bloat. I think they have done a reasonable job stripping that out and the next owner will get the benefit of that. Despite the frustration that we are still in league 1, I honestly think rebaselining everything will be good in the long run. But I dont want much more of it admittedly.

This season. Well it should have built upon last season. The league is weaker, we are still a big club in this league, it should have been advantage us at the very top, and only now are we seeing the team playing as they should be.

We could still go up so its difficult to score, but given everything so far it's a 5, only because of recent revival mind. Theyve also been slow to sort things like scouting.

I dont buy into the massive dramas people are making about the chancer crack and/or lies etc. I think he did get into a muddle, but he was getting endless questioning on the issue of how he paid for the club, which could be argued actually has fuck all to do with anyone unless of course it was to the detriment of the club. I also think the fanzines have really gone at him and been over the top, the atmosphere of which has only been saved by the upturn in results. That has clearly caused frustration with SD and Charlie who have lashed out at times, which of course they shouldn't have. To them they've put in countless hours to turn it around and done a good job, to the fans we are stuck in league 1, the recruitment is managed by people not qualified and it's been poor.

Overall I think a 6, maybe a 5

Not as we would have liked but a fair few big clubs have done worse in league 1 and promotion is still possible.

Back