Rate Donald’s time as owner so far out of 10

If the second season of Netflix is released (not sure if it was picked up or not) you May see if he is a blagger or genuine.

I used to think he was Solid however this takeover thing is a bit weird, especially with RR reporting it like they did and SD not refuting it.
He is undoubtedly a blagger. In fairness, this wouldn’t be too much of an issue if he’d achieved what he set out to do last season: get us promoted and then cash in on the club. I have no issue with people making a few quid if it benefits all parties.

Now though, the game’s up.

I like stewart donald but last few weeks has me a little bit edgy about this whole takeover/parkinson appointment. 6/10

We were a basket case of a club when he took over. We now have stability on and off the field, podcasts to get a better understanding of what is going on at the club, a better connection between club and its roots, we have bought some good young players who love playing for the club, we have the best player in league 1 in Mcgeady who Donald has kept, he dealt with the two african lads brilliantly. Furthmore, I actually think his choices of 2 x managers have been well thought out but just unfortunate Ross didnt work out, which can happen. We have been to Wembley twice, got billionaire investors in the background and he comes accross as though he genuinely wants to do well for the club.

The fact we are in league one isnt Donalds fault, it is 10 years of gross mismanagement, we have no divine right to be in a higher league and once fans accept that Donald will get more credit than he currently does.

Last edited:
This time last year I liked him and would have gave him a 7/8 but because of this managerial/ investment mess and our lack of spending over the summer he’s slipped to at 3 or 4 at best for me
This he does not want to spend his own money after Short gave him a gift to get Sunderland financial mess cleaned up

Back