Rate Donald’s time as owner so far out of 10

On the pitch ,its a 4 and thats down to basically him holding purse strings and recruiting Coton and Ried.. Off the pitch, it was a 7/8 with the dialogue and interaction with the fans but now its plummeting.. Overall, a 5

3. He owns a football club and we’re terrible at football and getting worser. 3 points for ensuring our football club exists though despite what people think someone else would have done the same. He really needs to make us a competitive football club again and quick.

He's fallen out of love with the fans he so coveted in order to keep them onside, as he's realised running a club of this size with a naturally more expectant fan base is not the easy ride he presumed. When the goings got tough he's shown his true feelings as has CM towards the fans. We are not important to them in truth their own money is. For some decent gestures off the pitch early doors 7/8 for what really matters ie the football 2/3

Financially 8
Football 5

Genuinely surprised at a 5 for the football mind! In his own words he failed last season when we didn't go up. The manager he chose ultimately did shite. We play some of the most boring football imaginable. We've almost never been top two since going into league one (might have had a week there or something, certainly never any extended time). We've got a mediocre squad of players and, worse still, none have any sell on value so when we get rid, since we have to be sustainable, we'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel again. Purely for the football side of things I'd struggle to give him more than a 2

I think they did a decent job last season when they had massive problems to resolve.

This summer the club as a whole seemed to be completely distracted by financial matters and I think as a result our recruitment suffered.

Ross appeared unable to address the inertia and we never really got into our stride.

Parkinson plays a very different style of football to Ross and it seems the players are struggling to adapt.

Hopefully new additions in January will be more attuned to Parkinson’s approach and we’ll see the side make a decent attempt to narrow the gap between where we are now to the top two.

FWIW I can understand Parkinson’s appointment over the other realistic candidates so overall I’d give them 6/10.

He's fallen out of love with the fans he so coveted in order to keep them onside, as he's realised running a club of this size with a naturally more expectant fan base is not the easy ride he presumed. When the goings got tough he's shown his true feelings as has CM towards the fans. We are not important to them in truth their own money is. For some decent gestures off the pitch early doors 7/8 for what really matters ie the football 2/3
87.5% for the public relations seems OK. But I fail to see where you've seen 66.6% good football!

Back