Racist Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xenophobia based on lack of integration.
When I was at junior school we had 3 ethnic kids.
The bairn now has 2.

Birds of a feather. I don’t know why people are so hell bent on denying this.
Areas with massive levels of integration like Bradford have in the past voted in BNP councillors. Sunderland with low levels haven't voted any in. Go figure.

38% wrongly accused of shop litting. Thats over 1 in 3. I dont believe that for a second

So now you're saying they're liars.

Areas with massive levels of integration like Bradford have in the past voted in BNP councillors. Sunderland with low levels haven't voted any in. Go figure.

It's been suggested Sunderland voted massively in favour of Brexit due to immigration, after they saw it creeping further North and didn't want it happening here.

Last edited:
How would you know?

The survey presents those findings, but a white man from the North East disagrees, presumably because your life experience suggests differently. Please....enlighten us as to the day to day experience of ethnic minorities in modern day Britain.
So the survey is right? We know nowt about it. Is it nationwide? Different results you would get all over the country.

I’ll deny it because it’s not how I, nor many of my friends feel. Just because it is a trait you observe in yourself and others around you doesn’t make it a truism. Anecdote is not data.
But my friends/family/workmates is a decent representation of north east people from a couple of different areas. That’s data.
I’m not taking about the placard waving “send them back” brigade here, just people who would think nothing of using words like darkie in conversation among themselves.

Ok, here’s an experiment. Take a sample of north eastern folk and show them a series of pictures, each featuring two random people, one white and one of ethnic origin. Ask them to choose their favourite, based on nothing but appearance. I’m no psychologist, but I’m willing to bet that the vast majority of picks would be the white one.
Sorry.. you said there was institutional racism.

Where? What institutions?

I didn't suggest it. But some people who were interviewed after the result did. I've also heard people say it during discussions. I don't have an issue with it but it seems many do. Which is a real shame.
So anecdotal evidence.
I've never heard anything like that so my anecdotal evidence cancels yours out. Not that I believe yours mind.you like to fish.

But my friends/family/workmates is a decent representation of north east people from a couple of different areas. That’s data.
I’m not taking about the placard waving “send them back” brigade here, just people who would think nothing of using words like darkie in conversation among themselves.
Hmmm. It’s a fairly unrepresentative and small survey group David. Any members of the middle classes in there? Any teachers (none of whom would dream of using the term ‘darkie’ in my experience), any civil servants, police officers. The list goes on. If your maxim holds true then you have simply flocked together with the sort of people who hold the same views about human nature as you.

Being offended isn't a virtue. Nobody cares.

Offended? Get off the f***ing internet and watch some CBeebies then. Otherwise grow some balls and stop being a snowflake.
Soz gammon.

My step dad is black and after moving here he said its more just slightly dated attitudes rather than out right racism. Like the use of the term "darkie" for example. And blokes asking if he had any weed.

When he first moved up people would be coming over to shake his hand or offer him a pint to show how they were definitely not racist (pissed obviously).

Only incidents (which my mam still laughs about) are a bloke convinced he was Gary Bennett and asking for his autograph and a pissed woman on the karaoke asking if she could borrow him for the night once she had finished her song.

Got stopped and searched in the street lots of times off the coppers at away games in the 80s. Probably as I looked and wore similar attire to those that caused bother at the time.

Soz gammon.
Says the bloke looking for any excuse to virtue-signal his being "offended" as if it's some kind of moral victory.

Seriously, what the fuck happened to the left? When did they all become so stupid? Do any of you actually think anymore or do you just regurgitate what you read in the Guardian?

Says the bloke looking for any excuse to virtue-signal his being "offended" as if it's some kind of moral victory.

Seriously, what the fuck happened to the left? When did they all become so stupid? Do any of you actually think anymore or do you just regurgitate what you read in the Guardian?
I’m the thick one? I never once mentioned being offended flower, but I am able to identify ‘offensive’ language. It’s up to the individual whether they are offended, and I’m not going to be offended on someone else’s behalf, but it doesn’t prevent me from understanding what is offensive and why it may offend certain people. You’re the idiot using terms like ‘snowflake’ and ‘virtue-signalling’. Do you actually think anymore or do you just regurgitate what other gammonistas are shouting?

If we did it to non-white people the usual suspects would pretend it wasn't happening
I thought the thread was about non white people.
I don't know how accurate the guardian's poll is and I haven't commented on it. I just take issue with those who like to show how un-racist they are by patronisingly putting Sunderland down as some racist hotspot. Fair enough 2 of them are known wums but it does happen a lot on here. I'm sure you'll now speak out against it next time it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back